Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton United vs Swindon Town Build Up & Match Day  (Read 9384 times)
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 17:24:29 »

Compared to the 2 who started yesterday,bollocks have they

Aye, our midfield options are definitely not good, too many similar types without quite enough.

The following isn’t strictly related to what you’re talking about but got me thinking of our squad over the years.
Over the past few years we’ve had a fair few players in the mould of someone with enough quality to be a fine squad depth player at this level that comes on for 15/20 minutes or fills in with the odd start who we’ve instead had to rely on to start far too often.

Cain, McEachran, Brewitt, Aguiar, Iandolo, Shade fit that mould. All capable League Two players with enough about them to warrant a squad place but for a promotion chasing side, shouldn’t get anywhere near consistently starting. Instead though we’re building squads around them rather than adding them as depth options ontop of a good enough to challenge quality first 13-15 players.

Most of that is quite obvious but when we’re talking about this squad and why it’s not clicked, alongside a poor setup and facilities, it’s mainly because for the past 2 years we’ve had a squad mainly made up of squad depth level players that will do well when added onto a capable squad but won’t ever click well enough together themselves.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 17:37:11 »

Well, that’s interesting. The DNA has just arrived back from his overnight with his mate. They were sat behind the dugout. Mr. Gunning offered no constructive tactical advice to the players during the game and mainly shouted abuse either towards the players on the pitch or under his breath if he was facing the dugout. Shouted at the new chap once telling him to get his head back in the game.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 17:38:06 »

Sheridan mark 2
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 17:44:46 »

Sheridan mark 2

Well, I think that’s being a bit harsh on Sheridan.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 17:50:39 »

Sheridan mark 2
He’s surpassed my hatred for Sheridan now, probably because we are able to go to games and witness him in person but all the same it’s some going.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: