Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Harrogate Town Matchday Thread & Gossip  (Read 9171 times)
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 18:25:31 »

Also We’d have been better with Devoy at the base of midfield not Kahn who will be back to non league next season.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 18:35:53 »

Having read the comments and listened to some of the commentary out and about I’ve banked £27 towards my winter 24-25 holiday. For those of you who went I feel for you. I cannot wait till August. Even then depending on what the closed season brings I’m not committing to anything other than a walk up attendance and some away games. I never ever thought I’d have this defeatist malaise towards the town. It is not a comfortable feeling either.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 18:37:05 »

That was utterly shite.
Atmosphere flat and apathy all around. Club is dead.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 18:38:44 »

Also We’d have been better with Devoy at the base of midfield not Kahn who will be back to non league next season.

I would prefer Decoy further up the pitch, he was really effective when he played further up the pitch
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 18:40:00 »

I reckon the players are better than the managers tactics at the moment

I don't, not results wise anyway.  We could maybe play some more entertaining football but we'd be more open at the same time, as our goals against shows.

I can't see anyone to really get excited about in the squad.  There are a few that you'd have around, but nobody stands out for me.  McCarthy is the closest to a good quality, top of the table type player, and he's going back to Barnsley in a couple of months.  None of the rest will go down in STFC folklore, Austin aside for a previous stint really.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 18:44:19 »

Gunning definitely wins the “least shit” award for our recent managers but he’s doing very little that instills confidence that he’s the man to take us forward next season.

If you want to take solace from the extremely low bar that his football is slightly better than Flynn’s then that’s fine as it’s also true.

McGurk and Glatzel will be very effective when on the same wavelength.

Not sure I’d give Gunning that award. Glatzel would be more effective if played in his position of striker rather than wide or no. 10
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 19:13:09 »

Gunning definitely wins the “least shit” award for our recent managers but he’s doing very little that instills confidence that he’s the man to take us forward next season.

More or less my position, he's doing better than Flynn, Morris, Lindsey, but really not convinced that's enough.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 19:13:50 »

That was utterly shite.
Atmosphere flat and apathy all around. Club is dead.

I don’t think it’s apathy. It’s helplessness.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 19:27:05 »

Problem is enough ST will just renew regardless- this season has been utter dog shite.

Desperately need new competent owners who if they don’t know how to run a football club bring in people who do. Clem is clueless
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 19:29:54 »

Which all takes time and no changes seemingly imminent.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 19:32:39 »

More or less my position, he's doing better than Flynn, Morris, Lindsey, but really not convinced that's enough.

It's weird isn't it. Yet Gunning is going to {position wise} potentially end up worse than both Flitters and PB...

...which on the face of it in L2 for Town fans, those types of league finishes/campaigns under those managers, were considered to be the lowest of low bars in the modern era... even finishing below seventh was considered unacceptable {and we're not talking that long ago}. Yet the bar of acceptance/apathy/helplessness appears to have shifted lower again and now into an unthinkable substandard and seemingly consistent state of ''Beamish'' monitoring.

I hope this doesn't become the norm but I very much hazard that my fears will be confirmed; especially whilst remaining under this current ownership  Crying

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 19:40:17 »

Problem is enough ST will just renew regardless- this season has been utter dog shite.

Desperately need new competent owners who if they don’t know how to run a football club bring in people who do. Clem is clueless

I will be renewing
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 19:41:45 »

The state of the club, on and off the pitch, is utterly depressing with no end in sight. Outletred is correct - there’ll be plenty of renewals (each to their own of course) - another mid table finish under Gunning in store.

I note Batch said others may disagree about it being a unenjoyable first half…I’d love to hear a case otherwise! It was like watching paint dry.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 19:43:04 »

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 19:43:39 »

I will be renewing
Would expect nothing less. Nothing to see here is there, everything is rosy.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: