Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Harrogate Town Matchday Thread & Gossip  (Read 8168 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 09:26:40 »

Listened today. Sounds like we weren’t brilliant but managed to grind out a point. Would we have done the same under Flynn? Not sure albeit we now have different personnel. Gav not happy with the performance. Sounds like we need more grit and crunch in midfield. All academic really for the season but at least another point on the board.

Under Flynn with Kemp & Young we probably would have taken a 3-0 lead in the first hour going on to concede in 81st, 88th & 94th minute and scraping a 3-3 draw.

Same result - different journey
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 09:52:06 »

You do realise you guys are a very small minority, you get all worked up In your echo chambers

You truly are clueless.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 10:00:51 »

Charlie needs 4 more to overtake Roger Smart & Jimmy Quinn to put him at no 22 in the hit parade.

The performance yesterday was pretty dire to my tired eyes.
Maybe really wanting us to win the game has coloured my view.

Little tempo, drive, desire or belief throughout.
It's never easy to break down an opponent that has little interest in going toe 2 toe.
We just didn't have the tools to do so, or maybe we did & they just weren't on the pitch together at the same time.

"It is what it is". Sadly.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 10:11:43 »

That makes me laugh, I support the club not the manager/owner.  

I was recently talking to someone I know who was involved with the trust at Luton during their darkest times.

Annoyingly I cannot remember the exact phrasing of his comment to me. But he essentially said it is fans with this attitude that are the ones who end up sinking the ship.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 10:41:39 »

Of course they are. Blind allegiance no matter what. Its what makes us a target.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 12:44:52 »

Little tempo, drive, desire or belief throughout.
It's never easy to break down an opponent that has little interest in going toe 2 toe.
We just didn't have the tools to do so, or maybe we did & they just weren't on the pitch together at the same time.

Exactly, we do not have a player currently that buzzes around and makes things happen to lift the game out of its drabness, all very one paced with a lack of awareness many times of a quick pass that may have cut through the Harrogates defence. Disappointing performances all over the place as I hoped we might have pushed on following the Tranmere game. There have not been many times where I have been looking to the seasons end but this is certainly one of them.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 16:34:01 »

You do realise you guys are a very small minority, you get all worked up In your echo chambers

Like you are on here?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 17:26:22 »

Maybe. But ridiculing people who are guilty of the terrible crime of renewing their ST is sad if not downright ridiculous.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 17:44:54 »

Maybe. But ridiculing people who are guilty of the terrible crime of renewing their ST is sad if not downright ridiculous.

…and also ridiculing them doesn’t help anyone. Just divides the fan base more so…
Wasted energy.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 18:06:36 »

Although the cunts that get chippy about being real fans deserve ridiculing and worse.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 20:49:47 »

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Monday, March 4, 2024, 09:06:20 »

Not read back much and not going to go into a huge amount of analysis you'll be pleased to hear! Basically my overall takeaway from Saturday was that it all seemed quite disjointed. I suppose the chopping and changing all the time from starting line-up to substitutes (which still seem pre-planned) means that we didn't seem to be very cohesive. My other takeaway was that despite bringing on pacier players in the second half, the tempo was mind-numbingly slow. I assume that this was to try and draw Harrogate out of their low block, but it just seemed like we were going through the motions to a home defeat. With that said, good work from Elbouzedi down the right and a lovely CA header got us a point.

Disappointing really, I felt like Harrogate, despite their good away stats (Before 9-2 and 4-1 defeats granted) were there for the taking. Mansfield away, already seems like a mountain to climb to come back with any points.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Monday, March 4, 2024, 09:09:09 »

We thought that with Stockpot too Bobster. Already got 3 points of Mansfield, let's make it 6.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Monday, March 4, 2024, 09:15:08 »

We thought that with Stockpot too Bobster. Already got 3 points of Mansfield, let's make it 6.

TBF to Bob, Stockport had won one of the five games prior to playing us, whereas Mansfield have won 4 of their last 5.

That said it’s football and unexpected results happen so who knows.

If you could offer me a point now & just move on I’d bite your hand off
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Monday, March 4, 2024, 09:22:38 »

Oh no absolutely. L2 isn't exactly brilliant, Stockport have been going through a sticky spell, whereas Mansfield look unstoppable at the moment. That's not to say we can't get anything of course

TBF to Bob, Stockport had won one of the five games prior to playing us, whereas Mansfield have won 4 of their last 5.

That said it’s football and unexpected results happen so who knows.

If you could offer me a point now & just move on I’d bite your hand off

Yeah agreed. I'm the same.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: