Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC v Colchester Matchday Musings  (Read 21973 times)
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 21:39:02 »

He’s got a guaranteed payout when he gets sacked after the new owners come in!

I’m clinging on to that!
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 21:48:19 »

He may be a great bloke but he’s not a very good football manager. Forgetting all the back room stuff you’d still expect to see some game management, tactics and basic organisation but there has been little of that all season.

It sounds like it was exactly the same at Walsall.

He’s been sold a pup yeah, but he’s also a bit shit as well.

…. any manager would look a bit shit in the circumstances. Changing managers every 6 months isn’t the answer. Flynn has our back.
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 22:00:41 »

He may be a great bloke but he’s not a very good football manager. Forgetting all the back room stuff you’d still expect to see some game management, tactics and basic organisation but there has been little of that all season.

It sounds like it was exactly the same at Walsall.

He’s been sold a pup yeah, but he’s also a bit shit as well.

That's fair.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 22:02:14 »

losers try their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 22:04:16 »

Did Flynn ever do that well at Newport? A few big cup wins which was probably more down to a terrible pitch and a 7th? Any other good league finishes or mid table standard?
Mooneyraker

« Reply #395 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 22:05:30 »

losers try their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Carla was the prom Queen
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 22:14:39 »

That was an awful game between 2 pour teams on bad runs and devoid of confidence - everyone spent the first half petrified of making a mistake.
 Having somehow got 2-0 up, to drop 2 points by conceding a goal on half time by switching off at a corner, then holding out until the last minute of stoppage time before a series of errors - Godwin Malife losing possession in midfield, celebrating conceding a corner to a side of big blokes, Ward flapping at the corner and it creeping inside the post is absolutely ridiculous.

I am getting fed up with his inability to organise a basic defensive set up, but it is unrealistic to call for Flynn to be sacked.
He has a 3 year contract - if the club / owner (whoever that really is) doesn’t have the money to finance a proper squad, having to pay him off / keep him on the payroll for an extended period while paying his successor will just make the problem worse as it will take up more of the budget leaving even less for players.

I understand people are fed up - I have a 180 mile round trip to take up my 9 free games, and afternoons like today make me wonder why I do it. But we also need clear thinking rather than splenetic knee jerk ranting (although the latter probably makes us feel better when we’ve done it).
4D
That was definately my last game, honest

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 22:18:02 »

Clear thinking? We're terrible, have been for months and something needs to be done to sort it, that's the owner and managers job.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 22:26:07 »

At the beginning of the season, Flynn and Morfini were the dogs bollocks. Oh how things have changed.

I am sorry but you don't just become a shit owner and manager,.you are either not shit or shit.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 22:31:24 »

Quote from: Sippo link=topic=59827.msg1782375 #msg1782375 date=1704579967
At the beginning of the season, Flynn and Morfini were the dogs bollocks. Oh how things have changed.

I am sorry but you don't just become a shit owner and manager,.you are either not shit or shit.
Ok, I’ll bite.

If you think Morfuni was regarded as the ‘dogs bollocks’ at the start of the season by more than a couple of posters on here, then you need your head testing.

You can very easily regress as an owner, manager or even a player - there’s countless examples at STFC and beyond.

Fuck me, it’s like logging on to the Facebook group Doh
Quagmire

Arthur Fouler

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 22:32:53 »

I don’t think anyone ever said Flynn is the dog bollocks at the start of the season. What a strange comment.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 22:33:46 »

I don’t think anyone ever said Flynn is the dog bollocks at the start of the season. What a strange comment.
Surely it’s a trolling attempt. It must be.

Either that or DV has hacked his account…
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 22:39:16 »

what chang said

we'd had our second worst season in history. nobody was happy but many bought his 'lessons learnt, competitive budget' shit (or Robs). I gave the benefit of doubt.

things have come out since that have shown him full of shit. things on the  are the same as last year too, maybe worse. Of course it's got nosier
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 22:41:01 »

Flynn at least looked a safe pair of hands rather than spectacular,  and had much more relevant experience than Morris.

most reservations were on playing style.

I don't think many of us saw it going all Walsall for him again. I didn't anyway.
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 22:55:55 »

Surely it’s a trolling attempt. It must be.

Either that or DV has hacked his account…

Behave. I don’t troll.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: