Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC v Colchester Matchday Musings  (Read 21752 times)
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 22:56:47 »

Think Batch hit the nail on the head perfectly to sum up what the large majority of our fanbase thought/felt in the summer re: owner & manager
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 23:29:24 »

I don’t think anyone ever said Flynn is the dog bollocks at the start of the season. What a strange comment.

There were because we were doing so well.

Those fucking idiots singing 'we are going up...' after 3 games.

Morfini pulled a pint or two, drove around in the van and everyone loved him.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 23:39:46 »

He was in Australia all summer, so he’d have done well to flog any season tickets driving around over there.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 01:04:47 »

That was an awful game between 2 pour teams on bad runs and devoid of confidence - everyone spent the first half petrified of making a mistake.
 Having somehow got 2-0 up, to drop 2 points by conceding a goal on half time by switching off at a corner, then holding out until the last minute of stoppage time before a series of errors - Godwin Malife losing possession in midfield, celebrating conceding a corner to a side of big blokes, Ward flapping at the corner and it creeping inside the post is absolutely ridiculous.

I am getting fed up with his inability to organise a basic defensive set up, but it is unrealistic to call for Flynn to be sacked.
He has a 3 year contract - if the club / owner (whoever that really is) doesn’t have the money to finance a proper squad, having to pay him off / keep him on the payroll for an extended period while paying his successor will just make the problem worse as it will take up more of the budget leaving even less for players.

I understand people are fed up - I have a 180 mile round trip to take up my 9 free games, and afternoons like today make me wonder why I do it. But we also need clear thinking rather than splenetic knee jerk ranting (although the latter probably makes us feel better when we’ve done it).

Final goal in my mind stemmed from Malife trying to gee up the crowd after being named man of the match because he seemingly completely switched off from the game. The next minute he’d completely lost his man and had to save the situation with the last minute corner that resulted in the goal. BUT the goal had been coming all half so a bit unfair to blame one player. Colchester had been fired up at half time. A draw is more than I expected from the game.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 02:10:44 »

Behave. I don’t troll.

Behave. I don’t troll.

Cheesy Stop it..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 05:29:43 »

Did Flynn ever do that well at Newport? A few big cup wins which was probably more down to a terrible pitch and a 7th? Any other good league finishes or mid table standard?

L2 Play Off Final in both 2019 and 2021

They played some good stuff in 2021 and were excellent in beating FGR in the PO Semis

Flynn seems to have to have had the life sucked out of him since the club were late paying the wages and he was given a contract extension (to keep quiet?) before the Aldershot game.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 05:32:26 by Boeta » Logged
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 08:42:36 »

Christ 4D, how many beers do you buy in the gluepot ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Mooneyraker

« Reply #412 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 09:39:01 »

Just watched the highlights.

Actually a brilliant finish by Brewitt.

I think UGM celebrating giving a corner away in front of the Town End in the final seconds after his and Hutton's mix-up disasterclass sums up our season perfectly.
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 09:43:43 »

I’d like to know what Flynn says at half time to turn a team from at least being competitive into the horrendous spectacle in the second half - combined with his now famous subs preceding a disaster.

And not for the first time.
Mooneyraker

« Reply #414 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 09:45:34 »

I’d like to know what Flynn says at half time to turn a team from at least being competitive into the horrendous spectacle in the second half - combined with his now famous subs preceding a disaster.

And not for the first time.

Well, he said he'd walk Andrew Hawes into the changing room to show him his notes on the whiteboard.

It's not his fault don't you know? He's doing everything right.
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 09:51:09 »

He should keep on walking in my opinion.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 09:53:47 »

Just watched the highlights.

I think UGM celebrating giving a corner away in front of the Town End in the final seconds after his and Hutton's mix-up disasterclass sums up our season perfectly.

I think the moment UGM fires up the TE there we all know exactly what is about to happen.

https://twitter.com/LookSportsMedia/status/1743790300546396649

Interesting stats here, we've conceded 13 equalisers this season.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 09:56:19 by Nemo » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 09:58:50 »

Thought that at the time. Took a second or two to realise that it had gone in.

Great adjustment of the feet to get the effort away when off balance.

My mind it ain't so open
That anything could crawl right in
4D
That was definately my last game, honest

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 11:25:15 »

Christ 4D, how many beers do you buy in the gluepot ?.
Gotta cover the tight arses. Two rounds will shed 40 notes.
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 11:28:33 »

Gotta cover the tight arses. Two rounds will shed 40 notes.

Change your mates

You just gotta keep livin man!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: