Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley v Swindon Town pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 16724 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 17:05:20 »

Well,however dire that was,and it was,we still had more and better chances than them. I stand by my opinion that he was the worst possible choice as manager from the names that were bandied about at the time.He's always been a one dimensional manager,completely incapable of changing things when it's going badly. He'll say yet again that we "have to stop giving away avoidable goals" then do nothing about it. Not that anyone else would turn us into world heaters but Flynn has definitely overseen several players going backwards, especially Khan and McEachran

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 17:06:10 »

14 shots, 9 on target

They had 3 and all went in
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 17:06:43 »

Correct. Truly bizarre and can only be related to skulduggery of some nature in my opinion.

Flynn’s agent is? Club can’t give money directly so Flynn gets an extension and the agent/agency get money for another x years. It’s ‘laundering’ or ‘washing’ money legitimately.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 17:06:50 »

This is getting reminiscent of Sheridan/Power.

Cunt of an owner that won't sack the manager as he doesn't give a fuck about anything other than fleecing us and a shite manager who has completely lost the players that won't have the decency to resign.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 17:08:20 »

Beginning to hope Standing gets shafted in his court case.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 17:09:29 »

14 shots, 9 on target

They had 3 and all went in

So what is Lindsey bleating about then? We won on box entries.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 17:11:28 »

Kemp is the only STFC player to score in the last 6 games - since Austin scored at Accrington

adje

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 17:12:05 »

What a fucking surprise. Flynn "we're too easy to score against". FUCKING DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT"

UTR

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 17:12:26 »

Did he just say he’s defended them in the media as much as he can?
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 17:14:00 »

Well,however dire that was,and it was,we still had more and better chances than them. I stand by my opinion that he was the worst possible choice as manager from the names that were bandied about at the time.He's always been a one dimensional manager,completely incapable of changing things when it's going badly. He'll say yet again that we "have to stop giving away avoidable goals" then do nothing about it. Not that anyone else would turn us into world heaters but Flynn has definitely overseen several players going backwards, especially Khan and McEachran

I was all for Flynn as manager, but I’ve realised that’s simply because I liked him as a guy and didn’t think we could get anyone better.

I was wrong.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 17:14:28 »

Kemp is the only STFC player to score in the last 6 games - since Austin scored at Accrington

That game aside, it's all Kemp and Young back to Aldershot on Nov 4th.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 17:19:27 »

I was all for Flynn as manager, but I’ve realised that’s simply because I liked him as a guy and didn’t think we could get anyone better.

I was wrong.
Fair enough mate

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 17:21:45 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

former STFC player 😭
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 17:22:01 »

Flynn is a prick. Takes absolutely no blame whatsoever for this shambles again. He's Sheridan 2.0. Can't stand him.

The only way he could gain any respect from me is if he walked now.

Andrew Hawes gives him every chance to not come off as an arrogant, delusional wanker but he never takes them.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 17:24:44 »

Flynn:
- Not good enough
- Finishing was poor
- Decision making
- Second best first half
- Actually had some good chances
- The goals we gave away....nowhere near good enough
- A lot of them need to look at their performances and evaluate what they are going to get out of the game
- Concede 50 goals: Too open at times. Too easy to get crosses in. Players free in the box. Lack of desire. Understanding of the game. You can look at a whole lot of things!
- Goalscoring: Today we created some good chances. How Young missed Flynn doesn't know. Should have had a penalty. Cain could have scored. Not dressing it up, we weren't good enough today. Too easy to score against
- Brewitt injury didnt help. Didnt want to start Kokolo (especially in that position) as he has been ill. But adrenaline should have got him through
- A few on that pitch quite frankly weren't at the standard required
- Needs new personnel with a better mentality and a better work ethic
- Flynn's job to try to attract new players and improve the squad
- The injuries have not helped.
- Has tried to back players in the press, but there are certain aspects of that that has nothing to do with injuries. Very disappointed
- Squad number fatigue?: Not been ideal with 5 CBs out for a few weeks.
- FBT out: He is a senior lad and gives natural balance so we can create more attacks as well
- Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong
- Professional pride: Orsi could have done anything he wanted today. He looked a Championship player. If I was one of the defenders I would be taking that personally
- Echoes of Walsall?: Yes, its tough. Its hard with injuries. You have to try to work hard. Bring players in to strengthen the squad
- Performance made something snap in you?: Yes, Flynn can say that now that the window is open. Flynn has chance to bring players in now. But its not just Flynn saying it. The club captain and vice captain has just said that in the dressing room.
- They have had some home truths! Its got to change soon!
- There is a lot of improvement needed
- If they are not up for it, they will have a very short career!
- Should know more about ins when he gets on the bus
- Kemp and Young going back to parent clubs. They will be a big miss for us, especially Kemp
- A lot of them in there could learn something from Dan Kemp. He is what a professional should be. Work ethic and desire. He'll be a big miss
- We have almost got one player in. Hoping for 2-3 more by saturday
- Looking at incomings straight through the spine. Want to change the mentality. Need to change the mentality of near enough all of them. Need experience ones and ones with right attitude to influence those younger ones who think they can coast through as a pro footballer
- GK is a position Flynn is looking at, but they have to be better than Ward. Won't sign a GK for the sake of it
« Last Edit: Monday, January 1, 2024, 17:34:51 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: