Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sutton United pre match drivel and matchday thread 23/24  (Read 23685 times)
Mooneyraker

« Reply #435 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 19:53:04 »

I'm old fashioned and like to know where they've been playing recently and what standard of football they've been plaing in.
I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good acquisition if he dosen't break the bank on wages but looking at his precious club I'm just a little sceptical on what we would be signing.
Hope I'm wrong of course.

Amorebieta
On 7 March 2023, Edwards signed for Primera Federación club SD Amorebieta.[27] He featured in 11 league matches as the club achieved promotion to Segunda División.

Wrong Ryan Edwards!
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 19:55:00 »

Wrong Ryan Edwards!

Apologies I didn't know there were two of them🤣

Right last club Dundee Utd and was there for 3 seasons. Let's sign him up😆
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 19:59:38 by Jimmy StoppedMoaning » Logged

You just gotta keep livin man!
Mooneyraker

« Reply #437 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 20:12:55 »

Apologies I didn't know there were two of them🤣

Right last club Dundee Utd and was there for 3 seasons. Let's sign him up😆

Grin
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 20:14:32 »

Grin

I did state earlier I didn't know of him🤣

Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 20:18:34 »

I’m starting to see the ignore button in effect here as my posts and info are not being read from only a few pages earlier.
Ah well.

If anything it wouldn’t surprise me if Brewitt upped his game again and kept a new signing out of the team.
Another positive would be he could learn how to play the role better with an older squad member in his position.
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 20:25:25 »

He’d probably only learn by playing beside him. Not sure he’d replace our other 2 CBs
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 20:34:27 »

I doubt it Kaufman. more like "didn't read back" but it tells you in your profile I'd you are being ignored

edit: I thought it did. buggered if I can find it now
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 20:38:56 »

He’d probably only learn by playing beside him. Not sure he’d replace our other 2 CBs

Perhaps you’re right. It can be simple conversations in training. Really depends on the players and their character I guess.
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 20:43:23 »

I doubt it Kaufman. more like "didn't read back" but it tells you in your profile I'd you are being ignored

edit: I thought it did. buggered if I can find it now

It’s cool. It’s just happened a few times. I always try and read back but I’ve noticed it happening more so on this forum.
People replying the the post like it was twitter rather than the thread.

Threads can be long, I get it.

Anyways. I dearly wish Edwards would sign for anyone just so we can move on with our lives.
This could go on for years if he just decided to stop playing and not tell anyone.
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 21:00:55 »

It’s cool. It’s just happened a few times. I always try and read back but I’ve noticed it happening more so on this forum.
People replying the the post like it was twitter rather than the thread.

Threads can be long, I get it.

Anyways. I dearly wish Edwards would sign for anyone just so we can move on with our lives.
This could go on for years if he just decided to stop playing and not tell anyone.

Your last paragraph is what worries me!

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 09:16:17 »

Not read back yet so as always apologies if anything is repeated.

Well Saturday was a lot of fun wasn't it! It started off nervously as Mahoney seemed to want an age on the ball and Sutton seemed happy enough to let us pass it about between keeper and defence. Mahoney very nearly had his pocket picked and we breathed a huge sigh of relief! It was obvious Sutton wanted us to go long, but we didn't want to and it ended up very chess like. That said, the opening goal came with a ball up towards half way neatly flicked on and Young did all the work to fire home. Good finish from Cain for the second thanks to neat work from Kemp to take advantage of Omari Patrick's slackness on the edge of the box and then a comical third. Charlie can't buy a goal at the moment but it was great to see him in stitches laughing and then pretending to want to be subbed due to him messing up his chance - gleefully/embarrassingly taken by Young. After the opening salvo I was hoping we would exert some control, but slackness at the back brought Sutton right back into the game and whereas half time should have been cigars and slippers, unfortunately it was a bit more tense.

Second half was as entertaining as the first, disallowed goals, penalty appeals turned down and what looked like a clinching goal by Dan Kemp. That goal, very neatly finished looked like it was going to bring an avalanche of more goals, but Harry Smith's deflected strike made things nervy again. The addition of RHM was causing the tired Sutton defence all kinds of problems and he scored the goal of the game to properly put the game to bed. Kemp's slaloming run could have given us a sixth but he was absolutely sliced in half to stop his progress.

And so at the end of the day we take the 3 points, and yet another carnival of goals at home. So refreshing to see after the last 2 seasons or so of miserable, dull games at the CG. You can't say we aren't getting our money's worth! My only concern with our approach, which is working beautifully, it how sustainable it actually is going to be. We are absolutely mustard going forward and our attacking play, aided by the defenders playing very high up makes it look like we'll score with every attack. Conversely we look shambolic at the back and liable to concede against even the poorest of sides. Flynn has spoken already about us not getting into basketball matches, but Saturday was basically just that. A very minor concern that Flynn doesn't have a plan B and the style we are seeing is what we go with.

At the moment, I am very much enjoying the ride, let's get to Christmas time and see where it takes us in the division. Our fixture list has been pretty kind so far so it's difficult to get too carried away. The real test is going to come when we play someone like Mansfield.  Given the nature of the squad we are going to have to be quite lucky with injuries as well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 10:46:25 »

Just remembered, when Bodin was doing his summarising bit during the game, he was talking about Shade, and pronounced it 'sade' like the Smooth Operator singer! (sha-day)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Mooneyraker

« Reply #447 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 10:54:38 »

Just remembered, when Bodin was doing his summarising bit during the game, he was talking about Shade, and pronounced it 'sade' like the Smooth Operator singer! (sha-day)

Love that.

As I was at the game I only caught him on the post match and his excitement and enthusiasm was such a welcome change from Hockaday, who always sounds like he's presenting on the in-house radio station for Dignitas.
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

Perfection is not attainable

« Reply #448 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 10:59:51 »

He called Uwakwe various names such as "U Wank We" and Amakwaah too.

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 11:25:17 »

Love that.

As I was at the game I only caught him on the post match and his excitement and enthusiasm was such a welcome change from Hockaday, who always sounds like he's presenting on the in-house radio station for Dignitas.

Yeah Bodin is alright on co-comms do be fair. Hawes is always great value but I find he does seem to get confused at times. I guess it's hard to commentate and look at notes etc but after the third goal I thought it was obvious that Charlie was in fits of laughter and mocking to be subbed as he made a meal of scoring it. But for the next 5 minutes they kept talking about how Charlie was possibly hobbling around etc and needed to be taken off. Our commentary team are still miles better than any others i've heard.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: