Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wrexham v Swindon Town pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 27431 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 19:51:22 »

Meant to post this in this thread but did in the other....

Its taken me about 4 hours....but I've snapped out of the foul mood I was in.

There is a fucking lot to work on, but there are also a bunch of positives in this team.

My major worry is there isn't the budget to get what we need in and we'll get hit with even more suspensions/injuries

I’ve entered foul mood having left the ground ok. pen was soft, 4th was offside and 5th was never a freekick. On top we hit the bar, the post and had a Young chance very close. Can’t believe we don’t have 3 points today
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 19:57:13 »

Didn’t go but listened and knew what was coming when it was 4-1 and they got a penalty. It’s so annoying that it was against Wrexham but I suppose it is a hallmark of the way they play. This game shouldn’t and won’t define the season and there are plenty of positives. Mahoney, Young and Kemp are looking like great acquisitions and I hope that we can secure their futures beyond the January window. We may have options to buy for some of them? Hard to know. Scoring 5 away from home in a 5 figure crowd is impressive. Our support were audible on the comms. I have faith in Flynn and he is making us a much more potent attacking force. The start to the season has surpassed expectations and it could be a lot worse for sure. Only fine margins lie between where we are now and second place in the league. We will be okay. Hopefully a couple more solid signings will make the difference.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 20:17:22 »

I’ve entered foul mood having left the ground ok. pen was soft, 4th was offside and 5th was never a freekick. On top we hit the bar, the post and had a Young chance very close. Can’t believe we don’t have 3 points today

Plus nearly the greatest OG of all time!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 20:36:10 »

Plus nearly the greatest OG of all time!

Yeah how different it would have been if that flew in, jesus.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 20:53:31 »

Quote from: TheDukeOfBanbury
Great meeting you Mate for the first time.
Well pissed off tonight. Ffs that one hurt.

you too Duke.

Had a few hours to reflect and yeah we should have won and still annoyed.

But 5/9 points when the squad was put together so late isn't too bad. Unbeaten all season.

We are a bit short physically, in fitness in some and in numbers. Hope we can add to the squad.

Not sure which way this season will go.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 21:13:56 »

A good day out, Town fans in excellent voice today, some serious noise being made! Absolute pandemonium when some of the goals went in. Said at halftime that even at 4-1 it didn’t feel enough. Team talk must have been easy for Parkinson, nothing to lose and throw everything at it. Ref was desperate to get them straight back into it with an extremely soft pen and you could feel the momentum swing straight away. Once getting the 5th we killed the atmosphere dead again and got a bit of control into the game. Felt nervous going into injury time, once they got the 4th it kind of felt inevitable. All be it the referee desperate to get a starring role in the documentary. Horrendous decision to give a free kick for handball. Massive punch to the gut but we move, there’s a decent team here. Few additions potentially and couple of tweaks here and there and we’ll be alright.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 21:17:48 by stfcjack » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 21:14:49 »

good fans eye view from juniortism

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 21:28:30 »

point away, I'll take that
On reflection very much this.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 21:29:34 »

Last thing we need is the fucking tin pot cup Tuesday, in my opinion.

Not even sure who we can rest with who we have fit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 21:45:22 »

Charlie needs a rest. did very well today imo.

what are the rules again? can we play wakeling and young and take the latter off as 2 minutes for kanu?

need to play as few regulars as possible (obviously)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 21:59:44 »

Charlie needs a rest. did very well today imo.

what are the rules again? can we play wakeling and young and take the latter off as 2 minutes for kanu?

need to play as few regulars as possible (obviously)

I think you have to play 6 starters from the previous game
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 23:15:08 »

After seeing the goals back from some fan footage fucking hell the refs had an even bigger shocker than I remembered! FBT is fouled for their pen, the 4th is offside and the free kick for the 5th is a disgraceful decision. 100% on the Disney payroll.

https://x.com/swindon_live/status/1693032975774941551?s=46&t=VeqAfQyJyee9kPDk82TRFA
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Sunday, August 20, 2023, 00:25:08 »

Need a leader at the back imo. FBT is a LB playing CB, UGM is an attack minded RCB and Brewitt shows flashes but ultimately across a whole season is limited.

Kinsella can do what he can when he comes on and likewise for Austin from up front but it’s hard. Need a proper experienced and bastard type at CB who can organise and get ugly (competently, not Brewitt like) when needed.

That and another big forward is the difference for us atm. Our team with a Harry Smith type striker option and big, experienced CB probably go 9 out of 9 so far for points but enough to be positive about so far if we can fix that.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Sunday, August 20, 2023, 06:08:19 »

Watching live, I thought the penalty was a needless shirt pull by FBT, the 4th was a goal and the 5th was a dubious handball decision.

Having seen replays from various angles, I'd say the pen was 50/50 (both fouling each other and their player falls over when he realises the corner's going over everyone's head), the 4th is offside and the 5th is never a handball.

Fair play to Wrexham fans, decent atmosphere from them apart from the obvious lull when we were scoring for fun (without assistance from the officials).
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 20, 2023, 06:26:22 by reeves4england » Logged
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Sunday, August 20, 2023, 07:52:03 »

Fucking hell- never a dull day on or off the pitch this season aye 😂. Couldn’t believe what I was watching first half, unbelievable. Bossed it would be under selling it, won absolutely everything, every goal was well worked. Players bang up for it, won absolutely every second ball. Coulda been 5 or 6. Awful defending from FBT and Hutton I think it was to concede goal.

Second half first 20 was just the teams flipping. Only thing I’d say is our defending was shambolic. Third goal we have 4 defenders running to the same man 😭. Battled really well though from 4-3 to get back to 5-3, kemp and young unplayable at times. Thought we’d won it when it was only 5 mins added time- I expected 10 mins! Think we’re unlucky with that free kick- refs just caved in. Not the worst point but disappointing to throw it away like that. Crying out for a brick Shithouse centre half now, we only have 1 out and out centre half who’s first team material (that’s no slander on UGM). FBT and Brewitt solid players but prone to errors (FBT is playing out of position) Fans unbelievable, Wrexham fans class too but loud away end matched them
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: