Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The ones you love to hate  (Read 3990 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 15:39:41 »

Panto villain level is all I do nowadays, I'd happily have a pint with just about any of them these days.

I remember us giving John Aldridge a fair bit of stick in a game against Tranmere; he scored a late equaliser and gave us a wave as he did so. I remember thinking "We had that one coming..."
In a similar vein... we were playing Norwich in the... I guess early 90's...and Robert Fleck was getting the standard 'you fat bastard' abuse from the Town fans and he suddenly turned towards them, lifted his shirt and patted his belly. They absolutely loved him from then on (or the rest of the game at least)

Ironically, I'm pretty sure Fleck was not in the slightest bit fat in real terms and 99% of the Town fans giving it out were waaaaaaaaay fatter than him....
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 15:58:02 »

Cuthbert

Clems Army!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 17:17:03 »

John McGinley and Joey Beauchamp were the big ones of my childhood.

Not to get too boomer who reads Daily Mail but there is far too many snowflakes these days for a lot of it. Call someone a cunt for being a cunt and they'll be playing the racism angle or something to turn it in to something it never was.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 17:20:59 »

Micky Quinn, obviously, and, for no obviously apparent reason other than he played for and captained Oxford, Mike Ford. That man just wound  me up.

..never go back.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 17:26:12 »

David Prutton, but only once he rocked up with us.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 17:48:00 »

There are too many to mention, but these stand out for me....Julian Dicks, Steve Walsh, Trevor Morley, David Speedie, Steve Bull, Tony Cascarino and Animal Brian Williams (but for one game only  Cheesy)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 18:24:51 »

Micky Quinn, obviously, and, for no obviously apparent reason other than he played for and captained Oxford, Mike Ford. That man just wound  me up.
Yep Mike Ford. Massive winder up. I'd like to add Vincent Jones and Neil Ruddock

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 18:44:40 »

Dean Windass

Played for the scum. Got some stick then put a few past us for Bradford.
Kept City out the Premier League though Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 18:49:49 »

John McGinley and Joey Beauchamp were the big ones of my childhood.

Not to get too boomer who reads Daily Mail but there is far too many snowflakes these days for a lot of it. Call someone a cunt for being a cunt and they'll be playing the racism angle or something to turn it in to something it never was.

Your point is valid and when I’ve gone over the last two season - it’s almost like the ground - atmosphere misses that hatred / vitriol.

It used to be universal fan uniting thing. Us and them, us against the world. No matter what you or the fans around you thought of this Town player or that Town player you all joined in with the anti Oxford chants.

All we’ve done the last two season (in my admittedly limit experience) is make inaudible noises ended with STFC from the West County.

I also really missed the fuck off chant.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 19:37:11 »

As players Dennis Wise & Joey Barton both horrible little bastards.

So, give no fucks
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 19:41:19 »

Your point is valid and when I’ve gone over the last two season - it’s almost like the ground - atmosphere misses that hatred / vitriol.

It used to be universal fan uniting thing. Us and them, us against the world. No matter what you or the fans around you thought of this Town player or that Town player you all joined in with the anti Oxford chants.

All we’ve done the last two season (in my admittedly limit experience) is make inaudible noises ended with STFC from the West County.

I also really missed the fuck off chant.
Yeah I really don’t like the Allez Allez Allez oh chant. Not quite sure why but never been a fan.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 19:47:53 »

Yep Mike Ford. Massive winder up. I'd like to add Vincent Jones and Neil Ruddock

Yeah for someone who lived in Covingham he was strangely quite happy to go out of his way to piss off Swindon fans.

..never go back.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 19:50:00 »

Lee Hughes was another.  Deservedly picked on but often talented enough to have the last laugh.  Which he'd do openly.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 20:11:55 »

As players Dennis Wise & Joey Barton both horrible little bastards.

Joey Barton just is, not just as a player.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 20:23:40 »

Joey Barton just is, not just as a player.

Agreed

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: