Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wrexham mostly.  (Read 3783 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, May 14, 2023, 13:09:23 »

Bit tinpot having a thread about another club.

Bollocks to Wrexham.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, May 14, 2023, 13:18:43 »

That's where they belong in their own league of 12 teams just like the Scottish premier leaving 4 more spots for English teams. Fuck em😆

Aberystwyth Town.
Airbus UK Broughton.
Bala Town.
Cardiff City
Caernarfon Town.
Connah's Quay Nomads.
Flint Town United.
Haverfordwest County.
Merthyr Tydfil
Newport County
Swansea City
Wrexham

So, give no fucks
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, May 14, 2023, 13:57:02 »

Think it just goes to show, if a club is winning games on the pitch, is in and around the promotion race, no one really cares about the off field stuff.

I don’t remember anyone calling for Lee Powers head during the Wellens season, for example.

Probably because Powers “known” associates who worked for/at the club weren't convicted money launderers/drug traffickers representing the club in Karachi, despite not being able to pass the fit and proper persons test, being pictured with government officials with MOUs being signed off….. that’s just one example as to why they might not have called for him in that season. Let’s not pretend nobody called for his head either.

And just to be clear, imo Power was a rogue. Seemed like he used everyone else’s money apart from his. Was a cancer to to the  club.

And agree, when things are good, the dodgy bits get put in the shadows.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, May 14, 2023, 15:21:11 »

There were far more rogue people working in and around the club when Power was here, the ones that remain are the remants of that, let's not forget that.  The reason they are still here is because they have helped Clem in ousting the big bad wolf from the hen house.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, May 14, 2023, 16:49:20 »

Quote from: Berniman
  The reason they are still here is because they have helped Clem in ousting the big bad wolf from the hen house.

That's clems reason.

what's in it for them? it's it legal? does it damage the club? (rhetorical)

that's all I care about.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, May 14, 2023, 17:36:44 »

That's clems reason.

that's all I care about.

The short answer is yes it is. The long answer is yes but not that ethical.
DMC

« Reply #36 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 07:22:01 »

That's clems reason.

that's all I care about.
I think they will benefit upon sale. This is just my opinion of course
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 08:00:55 »

I think they will benefit upon sale. This is just my opinion of course

Certainly no problem with Clem benefiting. If he wants to give some of that to his associates that's up to him. If it is contractually guaranteed from conditions of club sale that's a different..
DMC

« Reply #38 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 08:06:31 »

Certainly no problem with Clem benefiting. If he wants to give some of that to his associates that's up to him. If it is contractually guaranteed from conditions of club sale that's a different..
Same thing isn't it? TBH if the intentions are to come in here, clear the debt (sort of) have plas in place to redevelopement then sell to someone with deeper pockets then i will take that all day long.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 08:32:47 »

Same thing isn't it?

I'd say Austin and el (Hart, Keiley??) being tied contractually to the club would be massively different to a private arrangement with Clem. For me anyway - would take us back into Power territory.

That said this information would be publicly available and there is no evidence to suggest this is the case

TBH if the intentions are to come in here, clear the debt (sort of) have plas in place to redevelopement then sell to someone with deeper pockets then i will take that all day long.

Flip the club, Clem makes money, we benefit. No problem.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 15, 2023, 08:34:59 by Batch » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 11:19:50 »

a very successful documentary (don't know how much that brings into the club tbf)

Rumoured to be about £4 million.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 11:31:08 »

Rumoured to be about £4 million.

Thanks Sippo. Not to be sniffed at really.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 11:41:15 »

From the outside whilst 8% is high, look at what they've done on and off the pitch. Record shirt sales, global sponsors signed up, (tik-tok & Expedia) football people instilled behind the scenes, competitive squad on the pitch, a very successful documentary (don't know how much that brings into the club tbf) and they've already demolished the stand behind the goal to replace it so they aren't hanging about.

It also depends on whether they are actually charging that or its some sort of internal book adjustment between associated companies, I recall the initial rumours of the extortionate interest rates Demin was charging the Muff, but that eventually went very quiet?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 11:26:33 »

It will be interesting to see how Wrexham do next season, they will be seen as a big scalp by some due to their Hollywood connections, they have a few players who are on big money (Mullin anyone) and you would not bet against them signing a championship player or 2 for next season they will aim for back to back promotions, so some of the smaller teams will relish playing them and will probably enjoy hacking their players down to give them the L2 experience.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 12:01:18 »

It will be interesting to see how Wrexham do next season, they will be seen as a big scalp by some due to their Hollywood connections, they have a few players who are on big money (Mullin anyone) and you would not bet against them signing a championship player or 2 for next season they will aim for back to back promotions, so some of the smaller teams will relish playing them and will probably enjoy hacking their players down to give them the L2 experience.

Not watched them this past season, but is L2 hacking that much different from NL hacking? I'm sure they've been subjected to it all season and they came through it ok. You'd imagine they'll at least challenge the top 3.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: