Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wrexham mostly.  (Read 3781 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, May 13, 2023, 08:12:08 »

Fair to say Aden Flint might need to re-calibrate his contract expectations after last night. Horror show.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, May 13, 2023, 09:12:27 »

If iFollow still works abroad, you'd think the subscriptions for our home game against them would provide a decent injection.

That'll be on Sky anyway I suspect.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, May 13, 2023, 09:15:28 »

That'll be on Sky anyway I suspect.

Not in Tulsa/Newfoundland etc.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, May 13, 2023, 10:19:33 »

Not in Tulsa/Newfoundland etc.

It'll be on The Fox Soccer Channel which will be the equivalent.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, May 13, 2023, 17:44:27 »

ESPN+ for the EFL games - Disney must be licking their lips, got the Documentary series and now likely to get a few subscriptions to another platform they own.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, May 13, 2023, 21:44:59 »

Tbf things have probably changed since I watched Swindon vs Notts County FA Cup replay in an Orlando British pub in December 2004. Back then anything on Sky Sports was on Fox Soccer.
DMC

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, May 14, 2023, 08:34:58 »

I am sure most of us would want to swap places with Wrexham.

Yes it's a bandwagon, but why cannot the bandwagon come through Swindon?

The Wrexham owners will sell the club eventually, so why not enjoy it now?
I thought about this and not sure they would be totally believe it or not. Wrexhams owneres are charging 8% on the investment they make. Our fans are pissed off that our owner charges 0%
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, May 14, 2023, 08:59:02 »

I thought about this and not sure they would be totally believe it or not. Wrexhams owneres are charging 8% on the investment they make. Our fans are pissed off that our owner charges 0%
[/quote

Sippo’s OP is an interesting one. Your response raises another interesting question.

8% on promotion v 0% on stagnation?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, May 14, 2023, 09:06:01 »

From the outside whilst 8% is high, look at what they've done on and off the pitch. Record shirt sales, global sponsors signed up, (tik-tok & Expedia) football people instilled behind the scenes, competitive squad on the pitch, a very successful documentary (don't know how much that brings into the club tbf) and they've already demolished the stand behind the goal to replace it so they aren't hanging about.

Clem has done a lot of good things too, don't get me wrong and his investment in itself is incredible and generous. But deep down I reckon a lot of our fans would be happy to go down the Hollywood route.

Anyway, transfer rumours.....

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, May 14, 2023, 09:34:28 »

FFS... Can someone put this in a different thread or something... Seriously... Transfer rumours are the biggest single topic at this time of year. There's plenty of other places to chat about random shit...
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 14, 2023, 09:47:59 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, May 14, 2023, 10:45:53 »

FWIW, I do think the Wrexham discussion is an interesting one... Just needs its own thread, which it now has! 👍
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, May 14, 2023, 10:49:08 »

8% return is fuck all when you're bringing in mass amounts of money and winning promotions tbf.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, May 14, 2023, 11:19:56 »

Amazing the difference between them and local rivals Chester.

So, give no fucks
DMC

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, May 14, 2023, 12:31:37 »

8% return is fuck all when you're bringing in mass amounts of money and winning promotions tbf.
Totally agree but they didn't get it last year and their fans were still on board. I am just highlighting the difference between the fan bases.

We have a bad season like this and the 0% is being questioned, I had a look at Wrexham and despite all the influx of cash they also rely on Volunteers including their club photographer, we get absolutely slaughtered for the same thing

I wasn't saying the 8% is a bad thing but just how the fan bases are different
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, May 14, 2023, 12:37:11 »

Totally agree but they didn't get it last year and their fans were still on board. I am just highlighting the difference between the fan bases.

We have a bad season like this and the 0% is being questioned, I had a look at Wrexham and despite all the influx of cash they also rely on Volunteers including their club photographer, we get absolutely slaughtered for the same thing

I wasn't saying the 8% is a bad thing but just how the fan bases are different

Think it just goes to show, if a club is winning games on the pitch, is in and around the promotion race, no one really cares about the off field stuff.

I don’t remember anyone calling for Lee Powers head during the Wellens season, for example.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: