Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Retained List  (Read 21861 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 19:40:15 »

Don’t get the meh about Brewitt at all. He’s looked more than decent to me.

There’s a bit of ‘flab’ hanging over from last season that could do with being trimmed but at least it’s not another total rebuild which has to be a plus.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 19:42:30 »

Yeah what I have seen of him seems okay. The way he takes the ball out of defence reminds me of a less good Gordon Greer (which still could be quite decent player as he was excellent).
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 19:43:55 »

Darcy would be the first one I’d try to shift - lightweight, shirks a tackle, gives the ball away in bad areas.
Shade is potentially much better and if he stays fit, Iandolo is a better option with his versatility.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 19:48:01 »

Totally agree on Darcy. Thanks for the effort but not worth keeping.

There were several occasions when Brewitt came flying out of defence, leapt like a salmon and absolutely smashed a header forward. It really warmed my soul. He's robust in the challenge and really committed. Unlucky not to get a couple of goals too, particularly at Hartlepool.
I get that he looked a tad rusty on occasion but he's more than good enough for a L2 squad option and given a pre-season perhaps more than that. Hope he signs the deal. Considering he was sat on the shelf and keeping himself fit he more than surpassed my expectations.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 20:04:43 »

Darcy would be the first one I’d try to shift - lightweight, shirks a tackle, gives the ball away in bad areas.
Shade is potentially much better and if he stays fit, Iandolo is a better option with his versatility.

Re: Darcy, he may as others have come back a bit beefed up. Part of their contracts would be a prog of fitness and conditioning during the closed season with targets set to maintain for when the return to preseason.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 21:13:37 »

Well Aguiar for another possible 2 years is a bit of a drag I'm currently thinking. Bit of a waste of a place

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 21:49:41 »

One year on from Vale, there are now almost no survivors. Ellis and Slick Rick last men standing?
Unreal turnover of players.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 22:11:15 »

My son asked the question if Ellis leaves who our longest serving player would be.
Outside of Minturn, who obviously has been here since he was a young kid but only made his first team debut recently, we couldn’t think of anyone who had been here any length of time.

Think it’s probably Aguiar
« Last Edit: Friday, May 19, 2023, 22:14:03 by Posh Red » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 22:42:11 »

Aguiar looked good under Garner.

Maybe Flynn can get a tune out of him?

Not sure we should be making full judgements on players based on playing under Lindsey and the fraud.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 23:00:54 »

It’s good that we don’t require a total rebuild. RHM and Mceachran tied down is handy. Slightly concerned at the amount of  average players in that group though, the signings need to be first team XI worthy, not squad signings like Harries etc. Hopefully we can loan out/flog the likes of Darcy, Aguiar, Adeloye (if not in plans), Brann (Mildy says he’s not ready).. not ITK on it but think Hutton and Iandolo could get sold…

I reckon 2 keepers, 4 defenders if we lose the two above, a nasty experienced defensive midfielder, Williams replacement and possibly an out and out winger or two.
Carnegie

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 06:51:56 »

Totally agree on Darcy. Thanks for the effort but not worth keeping.

There were several occasions when Brewitt came flying out of defence, leapt like a salmon and absolutely smashed a header forward. It really warmed my soul. He's robust in the challenge and really committed. Unlucky not to get a couple of goals too, particularly at Hartlepool.
I get that he looked a tad rusty on occasion but he's more than good enough for a L2 squad option and given a pre-season perhaps more than that. Hope he signs the deal. Considering he was sat on the shelf and keeping himself fit he more than surpassed my expectations.
Brewitt is totally lacking in pace. Really don’t see him playing at all next season. Just not good enough.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 07:22:04 »

It’s good that we don’t require a total rebuild. RHM and Mceachran tied down is handy. Slightly concerned at the amount of  average players in that group though, the signings need to be first team XI worthy, not squad signings like Harries etc. Hopefully we can loan out/flog the likes of Darcy, Aguiar, Adeloye (if not in plans), Brann (Mildy says he’s not ready).. not ITK on it but think Hutton and Iandolo could get sold…

I reckon 2 keepers, 4 defenders if we lose the two above, a nasty experienced defensive midfielder, Williams replacement and possibly an out and out winger or two.

I don’t think there will be a Williams replacement - at least not in the same mode. We all want a nasty bastard in midfield so someone would have to drop out to accommodate him - looks like Williams going has delivered up a vacancy.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 07:31:34 »

Agreed. I suspect McEachran, Khan and Cain can all play further forward (plus Darcy) so no need for a like for like replacement.

Jonathan Douglas 2.0 is what is required. Maybe even a couple of those!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 08:33:39 »

Aguiar looked good under Garner.

Maybe Flynn can get a tune out of him?

Not sure we should be making full judgements on players based on playing under Lindsey and the fraud.
Maybe but one good game, ironically against Flynn's Walsall dropped 4 games later never to regain his place that season and completely anonymous in every game I've seen him in since, doesn't augur well for me.  But will be happy to be proved wrong
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 08:38:14 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 09:06:45 »

I reckon there is a player in Aguiar. I know it was only one game but he oozed class against Walsall. On the opposite end of the spectrum, he was absolutely awful at Valley Parade and never really seen again.

Clean slate under Flynn but if it's true he doesn't utilise number 8 or 10 in his formations then it's probably a waste to have him around.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: