Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Retained List  (Read 22274 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 14:53:09 »

9 goals? and turned down 2 penalties since January

imagine how many he'll get when 'arsed'
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 15:31:47 »

Having seen what happened this season when he was playing in a system where the ball was crossed in to him, I'm hoping he'll get about 2.5 per game under Flynn.

Keep him healthy and he'll be breaking records.

"Absolute Calamity!"
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 15:57:26 »

Swindon Town can confirm their retained list following the conclusion of the 2022/23 campaign.

The club would like to thank the departing players for their contribution and wish them success in the future.

The following players, Ricky Aguiar, Conor Brann, Jake Cain, Tom Clayton, Ronan Darcy, Reece Devine, Marcel Lavinier, Harrison Minturn, Tyrese Shade, Jacob Wakeling, Tomi Adeloye, Frazer Blake-Tracy, Remeao Hutton, Ellis Iandolo, Saidou Khan and Charlie Austin remain in contract for next season.

Young talented midfielder Anton Dworzak will join the first-team ahead of our next campaign after he signed his first professional contract in April.

Cian Harries, Mo Dabre, Harry Parsons, George Cowmeadow, Oscar Massey, Jonny Williams and Morgan Roberts will leave the club this summer having not been offered new contracts, while Mathieu Baudry has retired from professional football after 17 years at senior level.

The club have also offered a new contract to Tom Brewitt, whose current deal expires on 30th June 2023.

The Robins have, meanwhile, triggered an extension to the contracts of George McEachran and Rushian Hepburn-Murphy ahead of the 2023/24 campaign.

Following the conclusion of their loan spells, Sol Brynn (Middlesbrough), Luke Jephcott (Plymouth Argyle), Ciaran Brennan (Sheffield Wednesday), Joe Tomlinson (Peterborough) and Dylan Kadji (Bristol City) have returned to their parent clubs.

Swindon Town would like to thank all our loan players for their contribution and dedication to this season with us and wish them all the success in their next chapter.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 16:00:18 »

Guess Williams was just too expensive.

Not sure why Brewitt has been offered a contract - very poor defender and I'd be worried about him even as a squad player.

There's a lot of very average players amongst those left. Darcy, Iandolo, Adeloye, etc.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 16:00:46 »

at least Williams is confirmed early.

Brewitt, meh.

As expected really
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 16:02:21 »

Says we didnt offer him one so can assume he didnt want to stay after January anyway
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 16:03:41 »

No surprises. Austin signed, extensions on RHM, McEachran and Williams departing.

A large amount of “meh” in that list of contracted players. Hope they’re shiftable.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 16:06:38 »

Guess Williams was just too expensive.

Not sure why Brewitt has been offered a contract - very poor defender and I'd be worried about him even as a squad player.

There's a lot of very average players amongst those left. Darcy, Iandolo, Adeloye, etc.
Might well be work going on to get them shifted, but it won't look good if we annonce that now and it doesn't work out.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 16:12:38 »

Oscar Massey is a strange one. Bought in with an eye for the future, was never going to make the 1st team this year and then released after 12 months. There was an excellent point raised on one of the pods of not seeming to have a planned pathway for youngsters at times with loans etc and just a scatter gun approach to loaning out our youngsters. I wasn’t sure if clubs at our level had loan managers but the point was raised and think it’s valid. With someone like Massey, if you think he’s got enough potential to sign then you’d expect to sign and then map out a development path for the next 18-24 months with review points along the way.

Although with budgets at this level as tight as they are, perhaps there just isn’t room to invest that amount of money and time with little guarantee of a return.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #189 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 16:16:25 »

I think if we kept with the model of a larger squad like we have now then more "players for the future" can be kept on and nurtured but the model next year will be more quality and a smaller squad so unfortunately that does mean not as much room for a good quantity of players for the future.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 16:19:24 »

Amazed we’ve offered Brewitt a contract, really don’t rate him.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #191 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 16:21:40 »

Amazed we’ve offered Brewitt a contract, really don’t rate him.
Relatively low earner and you could argue was our most consistent defender. Think he will be more of a squad player next season and wont start games.. Given he is a low earner makes sense as a squad player
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 16:24:47 »

I think that's a talented bunch with a lot to prove tbh. I don't think the off the field messings helped this year and hopefully with Flynn in charge, given a full pre season and bringing in his own players to strengthen it looks kinda positive
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 16:29:01 »

Everyone views football differently but I quite like Brewitt. A proper pre season and he could be a very good asset, certainly not a bad squad player at all.

It’s nice that it’s not a total rebuild this year even if there are a few hangers on. But on the wholes it’s positive and a decent little core in there. Add bits of quality in the right areas and we could be alright.
chrisser

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 16:32:58 »

Jack Copland missing from the retained list which is odd as the club website confirms he signed a pro deal

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/goalkeeper/jack-copland/

Sent from my moto g(6)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: