Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Retained List  (Read 22355 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 07:53:21 »

I guess the release of the retained list is when we can put the memories of this sorry season behind us, and look forward to the next chapter, hopefully a brighter one!

I doubt it.
Considering how few players are out of contract - really we just need to know whether Williams is going (highly likely) and if Austin is going (hopefully not)

Other than that it’s pretty much just Baudry & Harries
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 07:55:07 »

Unless we get some ‘mutual consents’ or ‘is free to find another clubs’
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 08:02:43 »

This.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 08:07:09 »

I guess those don’t need to be done with the retained list, but would be surprised if there aren’t a few who are still under contract moved on at some point over the summer
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 08:12:32 »

I doubt it.
really we just need to know whether Williams is going (highly likely) and if Austin is going (hopefully not)

Even then for the retained list it'll boil down to
  "contract offered" or
  "contract not offered"

Suspect it'll be the first one and we'll not know the result until later. If Austin has signed not sure why the club would keep its powder dry during a season ticket sales period.

Pah. we'll see when we see.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 08:17:39 »

If we get a ‘has been offered a contract’ then the cynic in me suggests that player is 95% off because if they were planning on staying they’d have signed that contract.

Hopefully they have deadlines on them as well.
I don’t think any of us realistically expected Jack Payne to resign last summer but having that offer out their on the table on the off chance for what felt like about 3 months probably restricted what we could do in the summer just in case he did sign it
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 08:25:53 »

If we get a ‘has been offered a contract’ then the cynic in me suggests that player is 95% off because if they were planning on staying they’d have signed that contract.

I don’t think any of us realistically expected Jack Payne to resign last summer but having that offer out their on the table on the off chance for what felt like about 3 months probably restricted what we could do in the summer just in case he did sign it

Which begs the question; why didn't we just set Payne a strict deadline and stick to it.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 08:50:14 »

Fair.

Need a hard deadline. Thing is if its a key player then you don't won't to cut your nose off to spite your face too early.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 09:31:43 »

Which begs the question; why didn't we just set Payne a strict deadline and stick to it.

Because they were desperate for him to stay or possibly too nice/loyal to a player?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #129 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 10:16:56 »

100% this, I would hope that will include Harries, Iandolo and Adeloye.

It may also include 1 or more of the following Roberts, Aguiar, Dabre, Parsons, Cowmeadow and Massey.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 10:40:26 »

100% this, I would hope that will include Harries, Iandolo and Adeloye.

It may also include 1 or more of the following Roberts, Aguiar, Dabre, Parsons, Cowmeadow and Massey.

Isn't Harries OOC anyway?

Also thought that was true of Dabre, Parsons, Cowmeadow & Massey.

Would make sense to move on from Adeloye (unless somehow Flynn can turn him into a footballer), Aguiar, Devine (because he's made of glass) and Darcy (assuming we are signing others).

Also have a feeling Hutton & Iandolo will be leaving, but probably not for a month or so
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #131 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 10:42:35 »

Isn't Harries OOC anyway?

Also thought that was true of Dabre, Parsons, Cowmeadow & Massey.

Would make sense to move on from Adeloye (unless somehow Flynn can turn him into a footballer), Aguiar, Devine (because he's made of glass) and Darcy (assuming we are signing others).

Also have a feeling Hutton & Iandolo will be leaving, but probably not for a month or so
Yes you are right about Harries he only signed a 1 year contract, the youngsters I don't know, even though the Adver suggests random contract lengths sometimes, the club seem to keep all contract lengths close to their chest for whatever reason.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DMC

« Reply #132 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 19:44:47 »

it's fairly irrelevant this year, we kind of already know what the score is and I'd imagine don't really care that much.

only things of interest I can think of are of Austin stays and if we sell Hutton. Neither of which will be resolved by a retained list
Think it's fair to say both those things will happen. Hutton has wanted out since January and Austin will stay
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 19:56:09 »

I'll be sad to see Hutton go. He's handy in attack.

I'll also be glad to see Hutton go. Average defender and his crosses are inconsistent.

On balance I think we'll miss him. But we'll be fine.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 20:10:47 »

I think we should keep Hutton.

If he goes our fans will be happy but we will replace him with a steady Rob Hunt type and in 6 months time people who were glad to see the back of Hutton will be complaining the replacement offers nothing going forward.

Never happy.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: