Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Retained List  (Read 22362 times)
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 12:42:44 »

I think Iandolo to Crawley is pretty obvious, yeah.

I may well be in the minority but personally would be happy for Iandolo to stay as part of the squad. Is versatile, experienced and has decent physicality so ticks many of the boxes that we otherwise lack. Not saying he is a  world beater but a decent top end league 2 option imo.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 13:16:40 »

The problem with Iandolo (of which there are many) is that he doesn't have a good position. FBT is a better LB than him, and we need better than Iandolo in midfield. I realise you need squad players but for a club with ambition of promotion when you sign players they need to be better than your current first team and make the squad stronger (or be long term projects). Keeping a player around just because they average just doesnt cut it. We should be looking for a LB to challenge FBT not one thats noticeably worse.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 13:19:44 »

We have probably 10 players in this squad who would be fine as squad players, but aren't going to be key men. Finding a home for half of them will be a real task this summer, and I suspect the ones that stay are basically going to be the ones that nobody else wants.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 13:33:15 »

Given a choice between Iandolo & Aguiar, you’d keep Iandolo, because of his versatility.
Can sit him on the bench as emergency cover for LB or midfield.
Iandolo & Darcy, still probably Iandolo for the same reason.

If having him in the squad means you can get rid of 2 or 3 fringe players & sign another first choice player instead then I’d be happy to keep him.

FWIW I think we will sell him to Crawley for an undisclosed (£50k) fee
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 13:38:00 »

I'd be happy with Iandolo staying or moving on. I can see pros and cons for both.

What do we think as captain next season? FBT?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 13:44:25 »

I'd be happy with Iandolo staying or moving on. I can see pros and cons for both.

Would be my choice. If Austin stays and it goes to him I wouldn't argue but definitely FBT if that is the case.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 13:45:39 »

Didn't Richie Wellens once say ''sign league 2 players, stay in league 2''. We need to shift have of the squad out on that basis.
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 13:48:47 »

Given a choice between Iandolo & Aguiar, you’d keep Iandolo, because of his versatility.
Can sit him on the bench as emergency cover for LB or midfield.
Iandolo & Darcy, still probably Iandolo for the same reason.

If having him in the squad means you can get rid of 2 or 3 fringe players & sign another first choice player instead then I’d be happy to keep him.

FWIW I think we will sell him to Crawley for an undisclosed (£50k) fee

Is it uncharitable to think that his versatility has set him back? As you say, he's great cover in a lot of positions... but that's probably been to his detriment in terms of starting - and we know he takes a long time to warm up form-wise.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 13:49:04 »

Didn't Richie Wellens once say ''sign league 2 players, stay in league 2''. We need to shift have of the squad out on that basis.

When we got promoted to League 1 yes
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 14:00:58 »

The problem with Iandolo (of which there are many) is that he doesn't have a good position.

That and you only get 16 games a season.

A fit Iandolo easily trumps Aguiar.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 14:30:16 »

When we got promoted to League 1 yes

The problem was we signed league 2 players the season after
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 14:32:11 »

His wife has confirmed that Charlie Austin has passed his UEFA B licence.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 14:52:38 »

FBT has said he doesn't want to play left back and prefers to play LCB. This is an issue in our squad as we have invested a lot into Clayton who can only really play LCB.

FBT seemed very coy on staying next season BUT all of this was said whilst Morris was manager and can very easily change.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 14:54:35 »

If we're going to play three at the back (and Flynn seems to) FBT in the three makes sense as he can carry the ball forward. FBT, Clayton and a monstrous RCB would work well I imagine.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 14:59:31 »

"... Clubs have to confirm released and retained lists to EFL by May 20 (Saturday). No guarantee clubs will publish those lists on their channels by then, however. #STFC"

The advers JL.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: