Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preseason 23/24  (Read 116888 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1275 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 11:53:55 »

Pompey didn't open them up except for the 9 goals

Crawley had 10 box entries, so really they won.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1276 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 11:54:02 »

Trouble is, DV seems to get a free pass in this regard. If other or less frequent posters were to do this....lord the amount of shit they'd get.

I like DV but his sarcasm isn't as funny as it used to be. It's more like a broken record. Maybe he's just as fed up of pre-season as most of us and is just passing the time...  Hmmm

Half of his schtick with Morris was mocking how people treated Lindsey....even though said people were proven right. Mocking people for being right is sure an interesting choice.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1277 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 11:55:38 »

If Town had really shit gates then indeed I could see the continuation of cost cutting being a good thing but as usual, the club keep banging the drum about them needing Town to come out in their numbers and support the club yet several here seem to say that gates don't matter...so which one is it? Cos it can't be both.

This
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1278 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 11:56:35 »

Quote from: ChalkyWhiteIsGod
Crawley had 10 box entries, so really they won.

🤣🤣

to be fair to Crawley I think the last 5 goals came in the final quarter (yeah they played quarters).

so a bit like us v city and Swansea
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1279 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 12:00:04 »

Quote from: ChalkyWhiteIsGod
If Town had really shit gates then indeed I could see the continuation of cost cutting being a good thing but as usual, the club keep banging the drum about them needing Town to come out in their numbers and support the club yet several here seem to say that gates don't matter...so which one is it? Cos it can't be both.

This

both!

I thought the point was you can't just look and see we've twice the gate of (E.g.) Salford and conclude we've twice the budget.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1280 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 12:00:59 »

I'm refusing to get involved in any forum chat based on the above. I will join in the meltdown when the season starts and the situation hasn't changed. Just not worth getting stressed when it can change in an instant

I've tried to do the same, but the usual suspects that think that people have no right to be negative push me to be more negative to be honest, because it is absolutely granted.

13 days. Chop chop Town.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1281 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 12:05:36 »

Finally got round to listening to Flynn today:
- Should have scored more
- If it was 5-0 at half time noone would have thought we didnt deserve it
- When we add a couple to it it will be better
- Stop start with different philosophies last year
- Will be working with Hepburn-Murphy to try to improve him
- Kemp settling in well. Some players need to learn from him. Does the right things at the right times. Will be a big signing for us
- Style and structure is where Flynn wants it to be
- Bristol City first hour and Swansea first half were excellent. We need more strength in depth
- More than pleased until we made changes
- Aguilar gone to Worthing. Has to take 2 steps back to move 3 steps forward. Was frustrated last year.
- Shade is out for a few weeks.......Slight tear in abductor. Not as bad as Clayton's
- Lavinier: Not concerned. Went over on his angle
- Not urgent to bring players in. Won't be bringing in players for the sake of it
- Made lots of changes. More interested to see how young lads and trialists did.
- Wanted to see attitudes of the others
- Wouldnt say how many he wants to bring in
- Will try to get the right ones
- Not seeing a dip in player costs yet
- Certain players he is going for will cost what it costs
- Doesnt mean he will go out and sign someone who isnt his first target
- Need to be patient
- In an ideal world he would have all business done by now to focus on the league
- Flynn and Jamie Russell are on the phone lots
- 1 or 2 going out to get game time
- There will be some activity before the start of the season
- Players he would like to bring you would like to think will settle quite early
- Not by plan that it is taking so long. It is what it is. Flynn is quite relaxed about it
- Looking to add experience. The right players with the right attitude that will improve us
- Will work players hard this week
- Jamie Russell talking with a player while Flynn was driving home

(Note: His main answer to everything was 'It is what it is')

Corrected: I put Hatswell rather than Russell to begin with - Flynn actually said 'Jamie' - My mistake)

I find Flynn both reassuring and worrying at the same time. He seems confident he can get what he needs, but how on earth can he say its not urgent to bring players in?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1282 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 12:19:28 »

Half of his schtick with Morris was mocking how people treated Lindsey....even though said people were proven right. Mocking people for being right is sure an interesting choice.

They were proven right about Lindsey that wasn’t the point, ever….
The point was people wrote Lindsey off day one but wanked themselves silly over Morris
Ultimately they were proven wrong about Morris - who was even worse…
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1283 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 12:20:17 »

I like a good moan - but only after the event. Moaning about how things MIGHT turn out grips me shit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1284 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 12:26:48 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
I like a good moan - but only after the event. Moaning about how things MIGHT turn out grips me shit.

but the moaning is also about how things are now. lastminute.com

but of course you and others are right it's nowhere near irretrievable.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1285 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 12:30:33 »

They were proven right about Lindsey that wasn’t the point, ever….
The point was people wrote Lindsey off day one but wanked themselves silly over Morris
Ultimately they were proven wrong about Morris - who was even worse…

Morris was shit, but he was shit with a squad of players he had absolutely no say over as he was appointed on 31 January at the end of a catastrophic transfer window he had no control over. Lindsey had all preseason where he apparently had final say on transfers.

I get the point that you think people only treated Morris differently and 'wanked themselves silly' because he was a premier league player, but that wasn't actually the case was it?

Lindsey had every chance and was shit. Morris had very little chance and was also shit. Their circumstances couldn't have been more different, which was why they were treated differently to begin with.

Which was very fucking obvious and made your posts painfully unfunny to everyone but you.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1286 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 12:34:00 »

I get the point that you think people only treated Morris differently and 'wanked themselves silly' because he was a premier league player, but that wasn't actually the case was it?

Exactly what happened.
Still making excuses for him - even now.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1287 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 12:38:11 »

Exactly what happened.
Still making excuses for him - even now.

Try reading. He was still shit, like I said.

Your whole schtick was that people were wanking over him because he played Premier League and should be treated like Lindsey. You were wrong. People treated Lindsey differently because he had every chance at the job and was so clearly painfully out of his depth.

Mocking the people that thought this doesn't make them look stupid, it makes you look stupid.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1288 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 12:39:58 »

but the moaning is also about how things are now. lastminute.com

but of course you and others are right it's nowhere near irretrievable.
But, ultimately, whatever is happening in the boardroom and, for some, not happening re recruitment will eventually be shown to be right or wrong on the pitch. Who’s going to care if Clem is here or in Oz if we’re top of the league? Who’s going to care if we have a piss poor budget if Town are tearing it up?
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #1289 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 12:40:59 »

Try reading. He was still shit, like I said.
Mocking the people that thought this doesn't make them look stupid, it makes you look stupid.
Correct indeed young man

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: