Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preseason 23/24  (Read 117027 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1230 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 15:26:36 »

still think it would be nice to hear from him
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1231 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 16:05:15 »

There is no situation…

People are making mountains out of mole hills.
He’s still attending the advisory board every month via video and he is still in contact with Flynn.
He has simply got his own men in place now and is happy with them running the club.

People really do look into stuff far too much.

Why won’t he attend the Forum via video…?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1232 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 16:18:26 »

I mean - if they have your finger prints on they could come in handy

Be wiped with Isopropanol. We’re good.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1233 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 16:24:42 »

Pompey didn't open them up except for the 9 goals

I thought Crawley were getting the measure of them when the 9th went in.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1234 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 16:47:52 »

…I see we’ve still got the ability to do the Jody Morris collapse

I see you're still obsessed with a manager who left ages ago. Move on DV  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DMC

« Reply #1235 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 16:53:58 »

Why won’t he attend the Forum via video…?
He has another business to run. In the last 2 years he has been out the country 9 months just based on STFC related business and has been ridiculed and called all sorts on social media. Fans have been screaming out now for the club to be ran day to day properly, he has employed people to do this and wants them to run.

Let's face it, the last few times he was on the pods and the fans forum he was moaned at then for just passing the questions over to Rob
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1236 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 16:55:51 »

just DV being DV

Trouble is, DV seems to get a free pass in this regard. If other or less frequent posters were to do this....lord the amount of shit they'd get.

I like DV but his sarcasm isn't as funny as it used to be. It's more like a broken record. Maybe he's just as fed up of pre-season as most of us and is just passing the time...  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1237 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 16:57:44 »

I got no doubts he has the right people running the club in his absence but his seemingly lack of investment on the playing staff is why the fans are concerned.

So, give no fucks
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #1238 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 17:00:11 »

I don't understand the preoccupation wuth having the owner turn up for public meetings. Yes, Clem was very visible when he bought the club so pehaps raised expectations; but no other owner that i can think of appeared every time some fans demand it. Sir Seton Wills (RIP) lived 10 miles away....i wonder how many times he turned up to pu lic meetings? That is whatva CEO is for and the manager for footballing comment.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #1239 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 17:05:44 »

I got no doubts he has the right people running the club in his absence but his seemingly lack of investment on the playing staff is why the fans are concerned.

Or has he?%
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1240 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 17:15:34 »

Or has he?%

Time will tell🤔

So, give no fucks
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #1241 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 17:18:29 »

I think the problem is that after the Power years everyone got their hopes up that we would instantly turn into a new club. That first season under Garner raised those expectations further. Last year was a damp squib on the field and behind the scenes we looked a clueless, rudderless mess.

This preseason is so much like a Power one that it does make you question what is happening. I think the reality is the ship needs turning and it is going to take time. From what I have heard Clem is really cracking the whip on costs, so we are going to have to be prepared that this season is going to be a transition one. I really wouldn’t be surprised if he is feeling a bit fed up and questioning his decision to buy us. Whoever hoodwinked him into appointing Sandro has put us back at least 2 seasons of progress on the pitch.

Clem has got his own people in now and I really wouldn’t be surprised to see RA leave or move into a new role soon. The question is are people from an M&E background any better suited to running a football club.

I find myself frustrated about where we are at the moment, but if some pain this year means we can have a better future maybe it will be worth it. But I do worry a lot of peoples resolve might be tested this year, especially after last.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1242 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 17:43:37 »

Totally reasoned post and agree with most of that.

I can't see a good chunk of the fan bae being happy whilst cost seemingly continues to be cut. There's cost cutting and then there is continuously doing so. It feels like any aspect of speculate to accumulate has gone out of the window briefly.

If Town had really shit gates then indeed I could see the continuation of cost cutting being a good thing but as usual, the club keep banging the drum about them needing Town to come out in their numbers and support the club yet several here seem to say that gates don't matter...so which one is it? Cos it can't be both.

I genuinely think the club are very skint/Clem doesn't want to put in any more money of significance at this time. It's in a healthier place...kind of but there seems to be no calculated risk going on.

It's all very much like Town have become a close to ''even money'' non-League side and that the board have accepted that this is their strategy. To not necessarily compete but to exist...as I said, I'm not sure how long the fanbase would be happy to just exist with no prospect of moving in an upwards {or hopefully not downwards} fashion.

Sighhhh  Crying

'Incessant Nonsense'

DMC

« Reply #1243 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 17:52:40 »

What do you want him to say, if he says to you that he thinks we have a competetive budget like the manager has been saying what will your response be
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1244 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 18:09:33 »

https://therealefl.co.uk/2023/07/22/not-good-enough-to-be-in-the-squad-crawley-town-boss-brutally-assesses-squad-after-heavy-defeat/

"Crawley Town manager Scott Lindsey revealed to the club’s media that he told members of the dressing room they were “not good enough to be in the squad” following a 9-1 defeat to Portsmouth in pre-season."

Pre-season could definitely be going worse!
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: