Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preseason 23/24  (Read 116904 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1200 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 14:14:04 »

I’ve just had all my butchery knives re edged and honed, razor sharpe. Would you like to borrow them?

I mean - if they have your finger prints on they could come in handy
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1201 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 14:18:48 »

This post season we have let the following go:

Williams
Harries
Roberts
Dabre
Parsons
Iandolo
Baudry
Massey
Cowmeadow
Aguiar - loan

We also lost the following from loans:
Jephcott
Tomlinson
Brynn
Kadji
Brennan

I think it's entirely conceivable that fans would be a little on the negative vs. positive side right now, given the fact we are two weeks from the start of the season.  I'm not talking about the quality of those leaving, simply the fact that a decent wedge of our wage bill vanished and has not ben re-used.  Some of the individuals will not have been on much, but thats 10 wages gone and 5 loans replaced by 2 loans.

We brought in two on loan - right now, we are short in defence even to start the season, let alone needing back-ups.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1202 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 14:19:19 »

Lavinier injured

At this rate struggling to put a team out for Colchester!

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1203 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 14:20:57 »

Here’s s thought.

That’s why we’ll get some more players in!

Because we've proven ourselves so capable of that thus far.

Season under the two weeks mark now.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1204 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 14:23:05 »

I think it's entirely conceivable that fans would be a little on the negative vs. positive side right now, given the fact we are two weeks from the start of the season. 

Completely agree, it's just there's a big leap between 'we are not currently on track to build a promotion challenging side' and 'going down with Lindsey's Crypto Crawley'.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1205 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 14:24:26 »

I don't think we're either😀

So, give no fucks
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #1206 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 14:24:45 »

Thought we played well first half. Subs made us weaker. There 21 was better than our 21. First time we haven’t lost there?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1207 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 14:25:29 »

Williams
Harries
Roberts
Dabre
Parsons
Iandolo
Baudry
Massey
Cowmeadow
Aguiar - loan

Jephcott
Tomlinson
Brynn
Kadji
Brennan

I think it's entirely conceivable that fans would be a little on the negative vs. positive side right now, given the fact we are two weeks from the start of the season.  I'm not talking about the quality of those leaving, simply the fact that a decent wedge of our wage bill vanished and has not ben re-used.  Some of the individuals will not have been on much, but thats 10 wages gone and 5 loans replaced by 2 loans.

We brought in two on loan - right now, we are short in defence even to start the season, let alone needing back-ups.

Yeah we need about four signings to put a half decent first XI together for me. The squad both in terms of quality and quantity are so far off what is required to compete it's laughable and people are still mocked for being negative.

All those numbers gone and we've signed two players on loan. If we get unlucky with injuries we could genuinely be facing a relegation scrap at this rate.

We need to pull multiple cats out of bags in the next 12 days or so.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1208 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 14:28:44 »

Williams
Harries
Roberts
Dabre
Parsons
Iandolo
Baudry
Massey
Cowmeadow
Aguiar - loan

Jephcott
Tomlinson
Brynn
Kadji
Brennan

I think it's entirely conceivable that fans would be a little on the negative vs. positive side right now, given the fact we are two weeks from the start of the season.  I'm not talking about the quality of those leaving, simply the fact that a decent wedge of our wage bill vanished and has not ben re-used.  Some of the individuals will not have been on much, but thats 10 wages gone and 5 loans replaced by 2 loans.

So we have basically let two regular starters (Brynn & Williams) go & replaced them with two regular starters.

What is clearly an issue is that we have no depth at all now and unless we sign 3 or 4 more we are not going to be anywhere near the top 7.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1209 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 14:30:55 »

This pre-season has left me fatigued.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1210 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 14:31:54 »

You can argue who was a first teamer or not, the point is more that 9 wages were taken off the books and 5 loans slots that we were funding last season.

To replace that we've used two loan slots.

If we were sticking with last seasons budget, which you'd hope we were, then there should be some money already available to use without needing to offload anyone.  With a defence that is already only really playing with two starters in the five, it's a little worrisome that we have not managed to get a couple more in for that position already.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1211 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 14:33:49 »

Flynn tells @BBCWiltsSport that Shade has an abductor tear, but Flynn sound’s unconcerned. Lavinier has gone over on an ankle
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1212 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 14:34:29 »

Any word on signings…?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1213 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 14:36:12 »

Something along the lines of "every other club has made them apart from us"😀

So, give no fucks
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #1214 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 14:36:52 »

Sounds like his first choice targets are still available but want more money than he wants to/can pay for the time being

Expects 1-2 more to leave before the season starts as well
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: