Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 135   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 167425 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #990 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:37:41 »

They will probably appoint someone like Harry Kewell just to rub it in
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #991 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:37:57 »

Shudders.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #992 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:38:42 »

Absolutely. If we carry on conceding as we are then yes it could feasibly be the worst if nothing is done to remedy it.

We have needed an experienced centre back since MacDonald left 12 months ago, it seems like they’re not bothered about doing anything about it.
Experience costs money after all.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #993 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:39:23 »

Experience costs money after all.
This 100%.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #994 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:39:41 »

Thankfully Kewell had recently moved to coach on the other side of the world. I doubt coming to work for Zavier Austin and a plumber with no budget is enough to bring him
back within weeks.

I fear a Barton. His recent tirade’s have made him more toxic than ever.

As for the budget, I thought this was interesting on our salaries. No idea how credible the data is or how it is gathered. https://salarysport.com/football/league-two/swindon-town/
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #995 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:43:01 »

Is Flynn the worst manager in our history? hell no.

Is Flynn the managing the worst defence in our history? no.

Is Flynn not playing to the players strengths? very much so.

Is Flynn turning a weak defence into a non exisistant defence by his refusal to change tactical direction and what seems to be masterminding the probably THE shittest defensive line we have ever had? for me yes.

I hate sacking managers but for me he lost my confidence after the Aldershot debacle, the worst result in our history for me and hes done nothing to react to that, our defence hasnt improved, he always relies on scoring more goals than we concede and without Young and Kemp that has gone out of the window.

I would only get rid of Flynn now if we had a replacement lined up all ready to come in and mastermind whatever is left of a budget and transfer window, preferably someone who can sort the defence out or get in players who will rectify the issues, in defence more players doe not equal a better defence.

For me we have looked better in the 2 or 3 occassions that we played with 4 defenders and not the 3/5 we play all the time as a preference but often when Flyann changes to a 4 the game is already lost. We dont have defensive minded defenders, simple, a basic necessity of a defender IMO.

If you look at the better clubs in L2 and L1 they have CB's who can defend and head balls who only go forwards for attacking set pieces and not going wandering upfield all the game leaving the defence exposed constantly.

Or if they have a defender that marauds up the pitch then they have a proper defensive minded midfielder sitting back with the defending CB to cover if(when) we lose possession. We don't have that type of player. Thats down to tactics of the manager which are naive to say the least and to not having enough funds in any budget to fix that.

It may have worked for Kevin Keegan 20 years ago but TBH it hasnt really worked for any other team since, the mentality of pushing up all the time is absolute suicide especially when you don't have the creative players to score goals freely (which we seemd to have far more early season which camouflaged performances.

I am in the Flynn out side 100% but only if the new man is identifed and is ready to come in and hit the ground running, which I totally doubt.

Great post as always.
Sadly have zero confidence with these Chancers running the Club and their intentions.
Are you confident they have a plan? They will continue bouncing from disaster to disaster.
Sadly we have no football people directing the Club and the cracks are widening.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #996 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:44:50 »

Kevin ‘Bloody’ Wilson aka a Ted Lasso ‘experiment’. A cheap version of Wretums ‘Taffywood’.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #997 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:46:42 »

Keily knows football doesn’t he? Or he should? I’ve just no idea what his motive is. Does he want full ownership? Is he a gloried agent skimming any transfer and agency fees? I just have zero idea what any of them want out of the club, aside from detracting from everyone else’s enjoyment of it.
AbraMoDabre

Ignore
« Reply #998 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:48:23 »

Statistically, after 28 games this one is our 3rd worst defence since the end of regionalisation.
62 in 1993-94 & 57 in 1964-65.
This may well end to be the worst one in a 46 game season.

Not to mention being the first league side in the history of the FA Cup to concede 7 goals to a non-league team  Smiley
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #999 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:58:59 »

Keily knows football doesn’t he? Or he should? I’ve just no idea what his motive is. Does he want full ownership? Is he a gloried agent skimming any transfer and agency fees? I just have zero idea what any of them want out of the club, aside from detracting from everyone else’s enjoyment of it.

I doubt the glory of winning anything is high on their list, so deduce from that what you will.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1000 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 12:10:40 »

Sandro told part of the story

“What we had to do is make sure we were recruiting a squad of players which would ensure the club is sustainable.

“What that means is, we have to own as many of our assets as possible and make sure they’re of the right age and quality, so they have re-sale value.

“That had happened in the past – there were too many instances in the past where the player was allowed to walk away, and the club missed out.”
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1001 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 13:02:42 »

Power done ok but we never really knew what the club were getting as fees were always undisclosed.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1002 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 13:08:23 »

I've made this analogy before but its like not showering for a month and wearing the same clothes and then changing your socks and hoping it makes a difference.

The club is rotten at the moment and until we have a proper clear out the next manager it just going to get sold the same pup as the rest of them. As others have alluded to, Clem is good with the charm offensive and I'm sure that lures managers in but not too long after they realise what a shower of shite things really are.

I actually pray no Caddis because I don't want him to come in and be handicapped. Other than that I honestly don't care who gets it as long as it isn't Graham Rix or someone.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #1003 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 13:10:09 »

We thought we were having one of those when The Aussie Gold Hunter rocked up.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1004 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 13:10:27 »

Garner is still out of work😁

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 135   Go Up
Print
Jump to: