Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 135   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 167458 times)
DMC

« Reply #465 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:00:25 »

Looking back in time how many managers have the majority really been happy with!
It's a great point tbf as i think it even DiCanio a lot didnt want.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:00:28 »

One thing this appointment does show, is the club have learnt some lessons with regards to the whole academy/youth approach.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:00:48 »

Yes mate. As you know though that could change in 20 minutes Crying

Hatswell's coming home😀

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
DMC

« Reply #468 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:01:08 »

Did worse than us this season.
Who would be your choice out of interest
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:01:12 »

Has it been confirmed anywhere or still heresy 

Are you advocating that ITKers should be burnt at the stake. Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:01:53 »

Unsure on this logic. Orient and Stevenage did worse than us last season with their current managers. Does not mean a whole lot. Hardly had a team of world beaters at Walsall
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:02:09 »

Plenty have done poorly with us and gone on to do better elsewhere, as I said, no guarantees here, just don’t buy that it’s as bad as you’re making out. Again though, if you’re determined to be against something then you’ll find any stick to beat it with.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:02:20 »

It's a great point tbf as i think it even DiCanio a lot didnt want.

I think Hoddle is the stand out choice but most of the others including Wellens were met with negative comments.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:04:12 »

Are you advocating that ITKers should be burnt at the stake. Smiley

Clap

adje

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:08:19 »

Plenty have done poorly with us and gone on to do better elsewhere, as I said, no guarantees here, just don’t buy that it’s as bad as you’re making out. Again though, if you’re determined to be against something then you’ll find any stick to beat it with.
Well that's fair enough. But the majority of our fans have been banging on about how boring our football has been. Flynn is an unsuccessful manager and his style of football is awful in my opinion.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:10:39 »

Maybe a manager with a bit of experience might know more than one way to play football.  Who knows.  Not every manager we've had have been all about the strict credo of pass pass pass.  Wellens was a little more direct.  Di Canio was a little more direct.  Both of them still played football.  But we seem to have had a few managers who have just insisted on pass pass pass and when that doesn't work, pass it back and pass it some more.  I'd argue that when premier league clubs are doing it, it doesn't make for exciting football.  When limited footballers do it its pretty frustrating as it rarely end in any end product.

I think we have been desperate for a little bit of a plan B.  Perhaps someone with pace where we can play behind the defence for the player to run on to.  Or even maybe someone we can hit it up to and they can maybe hold it up and bring in other players.  Maybe we can have that and still play some football as well?

God knows what Morris was going for.  There seemed to be no defining idea.  God knows whats going to happen with the next bloke.  But lets face it it cant be much worse than this season has been.

Never knowingly overstated.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:13:48 »

Who would be your choice out of interest

Well. I don't really have one but I just feel that Flynn would not be good for us.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:15:05 »

No complaints from me. Managers aren’t unsuccessful at a club before they even start.

Ffs, give the bloke a chance. We’re L2 bottom feeders. Anyone mentioned in this thread would have had negative comments - yet unable to give an opinion on who would be better.

People need to wind their necks in a bit.

#fickleasfuck
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:16:21 »

I did wonder about our previous managerial appointments, the last three managers we have appointed that had previously won promotion are, Sheridan, Brown & Flitcroft.

I'm not sure that anyone would be happy with another one of those
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:16:37 »

I said it would be Flynn on the night that Morris went, purely down to the fact that Clem had made it clear in the past that he admired his work, and IMO no coincidence that he pulled the ripcord on Morris just after Flynn got his marching orders at Walsall.

Fun fact - I played alongside Wayne Hatswell in a few games, and used to play regularly with his uncle? Bob Henshall (father of Alex)

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 135   Go Up
Print
Jump to: