Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morris gone  (Read 27894 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 16:05:38 »

Darrell maybe less so as he's managed at one club and had one decent season there.

Clarke? He's taken both Rovers and PV out of this division?
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 16:14:58 »

Clarke? He's taken both Rovers and PV out of this division?

Artell that should read. For some reason that's autocorrect to Darrell on my Kindle?!

Clarke I'd snap up. Left every club he's managed in a better place than when he arrived. The inability of the board at Salisbury to get their accounts submitted on time was obviously not his fault in any way. He did his job there and got them back into the Conference. The Board then fucked it and killed the club.

..never go back.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 16:40:06 »

The underlying question with Artell is "why hasn't a club snapped him up if he's any good"

So, give no fucks
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 16:42:22 »

The underlying question with Artell is "why hasn't a club snapped him up if he's any good"

It's a fair question. There is also a possibility that having met the clubs he doesn't want the position they have. I don't think as a manager it's as simple as take the first job you can get. Bad clubs will ruin a managers career very quickly.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 16:44:29 »

Artell isn’t what I’d call a general manager. He’s in the academy mould, working his magic with young players. Not many lower league clubs go down that path - except us, of course.

No more of that - please.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 16:50:45 »

Artell isn’t what I’d call a general manager. He’s in the academy mould, working his magic with young players. Not many lower league clubs go down that path - except us, of course.

No more of that - please.
Indeed. I think most people (well me certainly) would like to see a more pragmatic approach to getting out of L2 (without turning into the Crazy Gang or John Beck's Cambridge c1992)  Artell would not be the man to deliver that.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 16:57:13 »

Indeed. I think most people (well me certainly) would like to see a more pragmatic approach to getting out of L2 (without turning into the Crazy Gang or John Beck's Cambridge c1992)  Artell would not be the man to deliver that.

It would be nice to see a manager that could create an element of excitement at the CG. Not since Wellens (clearly Covid has played a big role there) has there been a Swindon team that you are confident is going to go out onto the CG turf and consistently put teams to the sword, thereby helping to create a tremendous atmosphere and a bond between fans and players. I guess the last few games and the play off game last season there were elements of it, but there is just a distinct lack of excitement at the CG. The way we play hasn't helped us. i'm not saying we go completely Stevenage, but try and play a style that sees us on the front foot at home. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ROKERITE

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 17:05:51 »

It's a fair question. There is also a possibility that having met the clubs he doesn't want the position they have. I don't think as a manager it's as simple as take the first job you can get. Bad clubs will ruin a managers career very quickly.

I agree with what you've written. But I'd go further. I was a big Paolo Di Canio fan during his time with us; we were very much a minority but there were some of us. Over the last nearly ten years, since Black Sunday when Short backed the players instead of his manager and set us on the path to League One, I've so often had people say "If PDC was any good why has nobody employed him since?" But all that means is that football club owners weren't willing to take a chance on him. Owners are very reluctant to go against the herd which is why the usual suspects keep getting jobs way beyond their use by dates. It reflects on them not on Paolo.

That goes for any manager who doesn't get the opportunity to prove his worth. Artell is in danger of not being given another opportunity but that isn't necessarily his fault. It's how others perceive him.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 17:07:36 »

I agree with what you've written. But I'd go further. I was a big Paolo Di Canio fan during his time with us; we were very much a minority but there were some of us. Over the last nearly ten years, since Black Sunday when Short backed the players instead of his manager and set us on the path to League One, I've so often had people say "If PDC was any good why has nobody employed him since?" But all that means is that football club owners weren't willing to take a chance on him. Owners are very reluctant to go against the herd which is why the usual suspects keep getting jobs way beyond their use by dates. It reflects on them not on Paolo.

That goes for any manager who doesn't get the opportunity to prove his worth. Artell is in danger of not being given another opportunity but that isn't necessarily his fault. It's how others perceive him.

I do worry that Clem has backed the players over Morris... Fine if you are Lionel Messi, but Ronan Darcy ain't.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 17:13:49 »

I'd hope a number of the players have the same message delivered about them in the coming weeks as well - toodle pip.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 17:40:13 »

It would be nice to see a manager that could create an element of excitement at the CG.

After the most recent experience a manager who at least pretended to give a shit and want to be here would be a massive step forward.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 17:43:59 »

See Wellens is fav for the Reading gig
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 18:58:22 »

The Teds are always good for a giggle😀

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/220587-jody-morris-sacked/

So, give no fucks
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 19:38:43 »

Not sure Morris will be rushing back to Cobham anytime soon  Cheesy Lampard surely will be gone after tonight?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 20:05:45 »

Still no betting odds showing🤔

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: