Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morris gone  (Read 27950 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:48:08 »

The last three winners of L2 have been us under Wellens, FGR under Edwards and Leyton Orient under Wellens again. You can football your way out of this league. The problem is not our style in and of itself, it's that we're not any good at it.

Edit: we were four ago now, I missed Cheltenham. Can't remember anything about their style as it was a season we didn't have to pay any attention to this league!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:50:19 by Nemo » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:50:19 »

As I stated above I want a mix, a manager who will play a tactic to beat the opposition not to just stick to 1 style of play where you become too easy to read.

We need a flexible manager who can adapt a formation and not just stick to long ball or tippy tappy football. Dare I say it more like Steve Evans has done at Stevenage this season.

On that basis Clarke does seem to be one who fits the bill? Albeit I assume someone has mentioned Tisdale or Holloway (and of course Easton) as its only fitting.....

Probably out of our budget and he had a shitty spell at QPR but that may hev been them but I see Critchley is still on the rock n roll.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:52:31 by horlock07 » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:56:14 »

I’ll support the club regardless of who’s in charge.

It’s our job.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 14:02:40 »

I'd be very happy with Cowley or Clarke to be honest
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 14:04:22 »

Under contract and in the play offs, he would demand a fair sized fee, something I doubt Clem would go for, certainly currently. But saying that he only has a win ratio of 36% there.

To be fair they're the smallest club in that league and look like finishing top 6 above  clubs with much bigger support, and league history like Oldham, Scunthorpe, York, Southend, Dagenham, Torquay, and Yeovil.

..never go back.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 14:07:03 »

The last three winners of L2 have been us under Wellens, FGR under Edwards and Leyton Orient under Wellens again. You can football your way out of this league. The problem is not our style in and of itself, it's that we're not any good at it.

Edit: we were four ago now, I missed Cheltenham. Can't remember anything about their style as it was a season we didn't have to pay any attention to this league!

Absolutely this. No need to do a complete 180 and appoint a lower league long ball merchant,  despite that matching the intelligence level of a number of our fan base. We just need yo appoint and recruit better people at playing football.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 14:36:59 »

The role is Technical Director, so hopefully that rules him out.

The role is whatever Clem wants to to be, or maybe whoever is advising him wants it to be, chances are it will be DoF, not TD though as assume we will move away from purely data led recruitment to a mixture like you suspect a lot of clubs do.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 14:48:10 »

The role is whatever Clem wants to to be, or maybe whoever is advising him wants it to be, chances are it will be DoF, not TD though as assume we will move away from purely data led recruitment to a mixture like you suspect a lot of clubs do.

He was joking about my post. Nobody know what the structure will be Smiley
adje

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 15:10:21 »

I’ll support the club regardless of who’s in charge.

It’s our job.
Absolutely right. But it doesn't stop people having preferences. And I'd prefer not to have Clarke or Flynn personally

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 15:16:45 »

Absolutely right. But it doesn't stop people having preferences. And I'd prefer not to have Clarke or Flynn personally

Same. I'd still prefer the club builds with long term ambition and models and not go short term league 2, Steve Evans style. Passing attractive styles do work with the right people.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 15:29:36 »

Absolutely, I agree I also dont want Cowley either.

I hope that Clem has already contacted a few people about the DoF and manager position, not being in the country could make any appointment difficult.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 15:34:12 »

Absolutely, I agree I also dont want Cowley either.

I hope that Clem has already contacted a few people about the DoF and manager position, not being in the country could make any appointment difficult.

The Vice Chairman Matchday Guest can cover in his absence perhaps?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 15:41:27 »

The Vice Chairman Matchday Guest can cover in his absence perhaps?

The LSPod pointed out how right and quickly Clem moved when he took over, appointing Chorley, then Garner etc, and how slow its been since. My worry is that Chorley was involved with the club under Power right, as a scout i believe. So Clem correctly judged him worthy of the DoF role and Chorley then got Garner and the players they both knew/identified in. So the luck of that first season was based on knowing someone in association with the club already. The challenge now is how much Clem/Robs contacts have grown to know the right people to get in now. Whoever advised last summer (Kiely?) can't be trusted now surely.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 15:43:10 »

The LSPod pointed out how right and quickly Clem moved when he took over, appointing Chorley, then Garner etc, and how slow its been since. My worry is that Chorley was involved with the club under Power right, as a scout i believe. So Clem correctly judged him worthy of the DoF role and Chorley then got Garner and the players they both knew/identified in. So the luck of that first season was based on knowing someone in association with the club already. The challenge now is how much Clem/Robs contacts have grown to know the right people to get in now. Whoever advised last summer (Kiely?) can't be trusted now surely.

That's it. Who is advising them now...? Because they need advice!
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 15:53:40 »

I could accept Clarke, Luke Garrard, or Graham Alexander who have all got records with more success than failure. Artell and Cowley the same. Darrell maybe less so as he's managed at one club and had one decent season there.

Flynn no thank you. And why do pundits float the likes of Appleton or Robinson who (Danny Wilson like) have one decent season and somehow manage to spin that into a decades long career, hanging around the lower leagues like a bad smell disappointing club after club.

And yes I'm aware that Wilson made the L1 play offs two seasons running here, but he did that in the Fitton era when the club had the resources to win that league and he managed to get us out of it only in the wrong direction.

..never go back.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: