Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Crawley pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29272 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 09:18:09 »

Hooray, last game of the season   Pint

To top off a dreadful season we'll lose to Lindsey and Co.

Swindon 0-2 Creepy att: 8,337 (182 away)

Not sure I'd I can be arsed, but then again no football for a few months so I'll probably go.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 09:27:54 »

0-3 defeat. Conroy bullet header, Gladwin thunderbolt. Scott Lindsey thumping the badge in front of the Town End.
Vice Chairman Matchday Guest Zav Austin entertaining Kenneth Noye and Charles Bronson in the Directors' Box.
Chris Kiely unveiled as the new Director of Football.
Kadji signs on a permanent on the pitch before the game.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 09:30:27 »

Only going as it’s the last game and I get terribly bored in the off season. Need a final football fix to tide me over until next season.  Trying to support the club’s coffers by attending and having a couple of pints in the Legends Lounge. Hopefully see us getting some of our young talent on the pitch. Dreadful season, hoping for much better next year.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 09:37:22 »

Looking forward to the close season - don’t think I have before.

Still mulling over a ST.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 09:59:36 »

Without totally devaluing the almost pointless game I would like to see us blood a few of these from the off. Brann, Brown, Minturn, Aguair, Roberts, Fox, Hart and Kanu.

If we lose then we are in line for the equal lowest amount of wins in L2/Div 4 in the clubs history.

If we lose it will equal the lowest ever points total in L2/Div 4.

The 2nd lowest ever finish in L2/Div with us currently in 13th, with the lowest ever of 17th being lower than we can finish.

If we dont score it will be the 2nd lowest ever goal count of just 59 in a season (58 achieved 3 times previously).

We have drawn the 2nd highest amount of games this season with 13 currently, the most being 16 previously.

All in all a pretty shit season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 09:59:46 »

Looking forward to this one. Mostly for the final whistle.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 10:00:22 »

Without totally devaluing the almost pointless game I would like to see us blood a few of these from the off. Brann, Brown, Minturn, Aguair, Roberts, Fox, Hart and Kanu.

If we lose then we are in line for the equal lowest amount of wins in L2/Div 4 in the clubs history.

If we lose it will equal the lowest ever points total in L2/Div 4.

The 2nd lowest ever finish in L2/Div with us currently in 13th, with the lowest ever of 17th being lower than we can finish.

If we dont score it will be the 2nd lowest ever goal count of just 59 in a season (58 achieved 3 times previously).

We have drawn the 2nd highest amount of games this season with 13 currently, the most being 16 previously.

All in all a pretty shit season.

Ouch
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 10:21:47 »

Ouch
That could be the subtitle of the season.

2022/23 Ouch.

Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 10:23:39 »

That could be the subtitle of the season.

2022/23 Ouch.

I think we go more cryptic. 2022/23: The Model
Peter Venkman

« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 10:25:26 »

I think we go more cryptic. 2022/23: The Failed Model
Corrected.

Or even simpler.

2023/24. Nope.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 10:39:28 »

I might go just for the lap of ‘appreciation’ at the end of the game, and when I say go for it I mean walk out before it. These players deserve nothing and hopefully somehow most of them won’t be seen in a Town shirt again.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 10:49:05 »

I might go just for the lap of ‘appreciation’ at the end of the game, and when I say go for it I mean walk out before it. These players deserve nothing and hopefully somehow most of them won’t be seen in a Town shirt again.

‘hopefully somehow most of them won’t be seen in a Town shirt again’

They won’t.

IMHO, they’re all good players, just not together in this team and is this league. Break ‘em up however and follow their career paths. They will eventually find their own levels and some may surprise us by going further up the pyramid in time, others disappear without a trace. Over the years we’ve seen players come in who turned out shit and stayed shit, others I’m sure whilst being shit here eventually came good elsewhere.

If as I hope, Morris knows who is staying and hopefully who is coming in or at least identified multiple targets to do so. An expansive ‘build a team around a player’ scenario.

Edit. I doubt Austin will the player we build a team around, could be wrong but I don’t think that’ll happen.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 1, 2023, 10:59:41 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 11:02:48 »

There's only one player here at the moment worth "building a team around" in my opinion and by all accounts(true or rumoured) he won't be here

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 11:08:21 »

Yes let's build our team around a player who spends half the game on the floor rolling around.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 11:09:52 »

There's only one player here at the moment worth "building a team around" in my opinion and by all accounts(true or rumoured) he won't be here

Don’t think I agree that he’s worth building around. Definitely a better cog in a better team but he’s not someone I’d want to throw a big wage at if that budget can be used better elsewhere.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: