Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Crawley pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 31267 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 16:24:19 »

I can actually see his point, we were disappointed.

But the best start after 15 games is good sales talk. The wheels had come off at the end.

Don't actually hate the bloke, he's irrelevant
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 16:29:15 »

Whatever Scott...

I didn't think you were a 'boring' appointment as such but your 'style' of football and outlook on the game is mind bogglingly, stupifyingly boring, soulless and lacking in energy, drive, urgency and passion.

Just my opinion, what do I know? You get paid to do what you do. I'm just some bum on a forum...
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 16:34:43 »

What a prick.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 16:58:36 »

We can call him all the names under the sun, and the football may not have been attractive but he makes some pretty valid points. We all wrote him off as a boring appointment and he did have us in and around the playoffs until he left.

If you look at the form guide for the entire season (https://footystats.org/clubs/swindon-town-fc-234) up until he left we lost 7, drew 8 and won 10. 38pts

Jody turns up and we lose 10, draw 4 and won 4. 16pts.

Turns out the grass wasn't greener and had he have stayed I think we probably would have stayed in and around the playoffs.

Not saying I was happy with his appointment or the football on show, but it was a hell of a lot better than the crap we watched under Morris. 
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 17:58:57 »

"Give him a chance. He's a good bloke. He's a good coach. Get behind him. He's a nice bloke"
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 18:07:28 »

Obviously totally making up statistics as well. Best start in 15 games, what the fuck is he on about?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 18:13:59 »

I thought that but couldn’t be arsed to check it out. From what I remember we only just got into top 7 having played a couple more games.

I relented. His record with us. I notice he didn’t mention his last 15 games though

20 August 2022   11 January 2023   30   10   8   12   33.3

It’s not very impressive.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 18:19:38 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 18:29:36 »

But the best start after 15 games is good sales talk. The wheels had come off at the end.

It’s also not true, albeit splitting hairs.

The previous season we had the same record after 15 games but a better goal difference
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 18:34:48 »

No animosity towards the chap. Think he is right, that many supports didn’t want to promote from within. It was seen as a cheap option.

He did ‘ok’ with a poor squad, but the wheels were coming off before he left. There were a few games that were dire. But, is that because Lyndsey was ‘crap’ or because the squad was poor?

Interesting to see what would have happened if both Lyndsey had stayed and we’d strengthened in the January window. We will never know.

It will be interesting to see what he does with Crawley next year.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 18:47:29 »

Lindsey. It’s Lindsey.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 18:48:40 »

Lindsey. It’s Lindsey.
Scott

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 18:52:08 »

‘ “It’s been quite successful in many ways. I was in the play-offs all the time I was with Swindon and then made the change to Crawley.’

We’ll, that’s just not true.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 18:57:09 »

We went top of the Championship after 15 league games in 1997 with Mildenhall's heroics against Portsmouth.

I do think Sandro stitched this bloke up. If he gets the job straight away then the disappointment would have been much less. To do the ridiculous 'search' and then appoint him was setting him up to fail with the fans.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 19:00:52 »

Believe a fair few of the players last night were actually saying they didn’t understand why the fans didn’t take to Lindsey.
They really liked him.

They also hated Sandro, and put a lot of the blame on him. He did a lot of meddling in team selection by the sound of it.
You won’t be surprised to hear he was ti blame for Reed being stuck on the bench for half the season, and then being sold.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 19:03:25 »

‘ “It’s been quite successful in many ways. I was in the play-offs all the time I was with Swindon and then made the change to Crawley.’

We’ll, that’s just not true.

He's one of those typical bullshitter types you'd find in a boozer after a day's 'graft' on site. Ticks each and every box that way. Useless cunt will be sacked within 10 games next season.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: