Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clem'll Fix It  (Read 26410 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 11:59:22 »

In the interest of offering solutions rather than problems, in what ways do we think Clem could improve things on and off the pitch so that we rid ourselves of the stench of decline?

I'd start with:

Actually step back. It isn't healthy or wise having him being constantly presented as our pint-pulling lord and saviour when things are so badly run across the board.

Move Rob Angus to CFO. Good finance background and I like having him around as I think his moral compass points to true north. Important with some of the shady figures in the boardroom mix.

Appoint an experienced football club CEO. A Mark Devlin type.

Appoint a permanent and experienced club secretary.

Bin Sandro. Hand Morris the keys. One needless salary saved for the above appointments.

Put together an exciting pre-season schedule and announce it early. We need a good vibes injection ASAP.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 12:01:41 »

I think most fans would agree with pretty much all of that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 12:05:19 »

I wouldn't argue with any of those points made either. I've been 'critical' of Austin in previous games but it's obvious that the guy will get goals in league 2 and is very popular. Clem could do worse than getting him tied down to a year contract extension and use him as a rallying cry/marketing attempt to get fans on board for next season.

'Charlie's in, are you'? Type stuff.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 12:12:29 »

I do wonder if Clem is actually the man with the money, or if he is just the public face and that’s why we see so much of him.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 12:19:42 »

Probably not the best thread "header".  Roll Eyes
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 12:32:56 »

In the interest of offering solutions rather than problems, in what ways do we think Clem could improve things on and off the pitch so that we rid ourselves of the stench of decline?

I'd start with:

Actually step back. It isn't healthy or wise having him being constantly presented as our pint-pulling lord and saviour when things are so badly run across the board.

Move Rob Angus to CFO. Good finance background and I like having him around as I think his moral compass points to true north. Important with some of the shady figures in the boardroom mix.

Appoint an experienced football club CEO. A Mark Devlin type.

Appoint a permanent and experienced club secretary.

Bin Sandro. Hand Morris the keys. One needless salary saved for the above appointments.

Put together an exciting pre-season schedule and announce it early. We need a good vibes injection ASAP.

All of this, please and thank you.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 12:34:53 »

I do wonder if Clem is actually the man with the money, or if he is just the public face and that’s why we see so much of him.

This is an interesting point to be honest
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 12:37:57 »

According to Clem and his supporters and from what he has told the trust etc he is the sole owner.

I personally, like yourself, remain unconvinced.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 12:40:38 »

Start offering contracts to players we want to keep now.
As it has already been suggested - those who sign up for next season nice and early can be used for the rallying cry / PR material / season ticket push.

Those who outright have no interest in a new contract here can basically do one and sit out the season (kinda like JoJo last season)

Get the recruitment done ASAP in the summer. Ideally you want the large majority of your team sorted before the pre season games kick in.

Possibly come out with a fully agreed detailed joint statement between all parties which clarify exactly who does what and who makes what footballing decisions particularly with regards to players. All the blame for that is being dumped on Sandro but truthfully do we even know exactly how our identifying players and signing them process actually works? Do we still have a scouting team?

Get some more experience behind the scenes running the football club.
Full time positions in key areas, not work experience kids. We need to pay proper wages to improve back room stability. We don’t want to have to find a first team data analyst ever year.

Better explanation of decisions (where possible) for example I still see no reason why tearing up MacDonalds contract was a positive move for the club.

Come up with a contingency plan for our next manager (not publicly obviously) because if Morris doesn’t work out - I’d rather we try the slightly more archaic tried and tested proven lower league manager route because I’m not convinced top level academy coaches skill sets are fully transferable to L2. I expect the Chelsea U12 have better staff and facilities than we do.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 12:48:22 »

If, and its a big if, Clem is not the man with the money, then there is no way he would be picked as the public face. I don't mean that as an indictment of the man, but he is not good at public speaking or interviews and actively avoids it when he can and makes Rob Angus or Sandro cover it. He would not be the chosen face for others.

So i can't get behind this line of thinking at all.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 12:55:24 »

Start offering contracts to players we want to keep now.
As it has already been suggested - those who sign up for next season nice and early can be used for the rallying cry / PR material / season ticket push.

The slightly odd thing is that it was reported that we had done this in December: https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23174273.swindon-town-start-contract-talks-certain-players-scott-lindsey/

It's four months later and no new contracts have been announced (Wakeling signing an extended deal is the only extension we've done since last summer as far as I remember). I know the manager changed, but that isn't meant to be a problem with our model.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 12:55:49 »

If, and its a big if, Clem is not the man with the money, then there is no way he would be picked as the public face. I don't mean that as an indictment of the man, but he is not good at public speaking or interviews and actively avoids it when he can and makes Rob Angus or Sandro cover it. He would not be the chosen face for others.

So i can't get behind this line of thinking at all.
That’s kind of irrelevant, he’d be the public face by default as a result of the legal proceedings that got rid of Power.
DMC

« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 12:59:06 »

I think Clem is the sole owner and the guy with the money. I also think there are probably others he listens to but ultimutely it comes down to him. We all heard the noises over the Austin deal and how only person wanted him, if he was just the face that deal doesn't happen
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 13:10:20 »

Why does Clem need to step back and Rob moved roles, what have they done wrong, do you know what they do an a day to day basis ?

We maybe could do with an experienced football person involved as Technical director or director of football, probably instead of Sandro, but he has only been here 1 year, and Clem employed him to that role for a reason.

It potentially needs Clem to change tune and not sign players with an eye on future price tag, but sign players that can play together, and yes add some younger players that could be improved and sold on in future that's fine but not make that the first priority.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 13:10:47 »

Not sure where this Clem doubting is coming from  Huh?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: