Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where In The Table Do You Think Town Will Finish This Season?  (Read 4359 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 09:27:31 »

L-L

not having a go at you but want to take issue with not being skint.

we are not eyeball deep in external debt like last season that's true

but I don't think we have much money. Clem is not a billionaire. We get good gates but that's pretty much all the income.  Got to be self sustaining.

we've also got a 1m redevelopment investment commitment coming up as a clause to the ground purchase

whether we've made the most of the money we do have is a fair question mind

None taken. Basically we’re better off than last season by a country mile. We should be doing so much better but we’re not. The club fucked up at the start of the season can we catch up? I don’t think so now. Like others I hope I’m wrong.

I know Clem is not a billionaire, we don’t need a billionaire do we? The ground development clause can be raised by a commercial mortgage once we own it as if I’m reading this right, the Eady money is paying for the purchase. The club and trust via different mechanisms are paying it back at very favourable rates? Either way as you allude to, we’re made a pigs ear of this season compared to last seasons swashbuckling skin of our teeth great escape.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 09:30:48 »

Sandro needs to change his model slightly we're just to lightweight and inexperienced to keep pace with the top teams. It's ok having a couple of players to develop but not the core of the team which simply can't compete week in week out with the older experience  physical players.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 09:37:29 »

None taken. Basically we’re better off than last season by a country mile. We should be doing so much better but we’re not. The club fucked up at the start of the season can we catch up? I don’t think so now. Like others I hope I’m wrong.

I know Clem is not a billionaire, we don’t need a billionaire do we? The ground development clause can be raised by a commercial mortgage once we own it as if I’m reading this right, the Eady money is paying for the purchase. The club and trust via different mechanisms are paying it back at very favourable rates? Either way as you allude to, we’re made a pigs ear of this season compared to last seasons swashbuckling skin of our teeth great escape.

Can't argue with that.

I do wonder where our revenue sits in the league and whether we've fallen so far behind that our expectations are too big now.

Surely we are better placed than most, a few outliers aside.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 09:47:24 »

Can't argue with that.

I do wonder where our revenue sits in the league and whether we've fallen so far behind that our expectations are too big now.

Surely we are better placed than most, a few outliers aside.
Our revenue has to be one of the biggest as it's primarily attendance based for all clubs at this level.

The issue is how the playing budget sits as a proportion of that.   A few teams will be spending more than all of it on players, funded by a wealthy owner or a transfer kitty if they are lucky.   I think we will be one of the lowest, possibly as low as 25-30% of revenue spent on the playing budget.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 09:58:11 »

Judging by our last 12 games, I'll go for 17th position.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 09:58:32 »

Sandro needs to change his model slightly we're just to lightweight and inexperienced to keep pace with the top teams. It's ok having a couple of players to develop but not the core of the team which simply can't compete week in week out with the older experience  physical players.

This sums it up
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 10:11:45 »

Judging by our last 12 games, I'll go for 17th position.

Based on what 17th (Monkey Hangers) got last season, 12 points in 17 games is gonna be a fun end to the season.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 10:22:28 »

Based on what 17th (Monkey Hangers) got last season, 12 points in 17 games is gonna be a fun end to the season.

Well we've managed 12pts from the last 12 matches, on that basis we may get 17 more points. Then again we may not. 7 of those last 17 are teams above us.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 13, 2023, 10:25:54 by 4D » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 10:24:46 »

60 points finishing 10th

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 10:28:46 »

Well we've managed 12pts from the last 12 matches, on that basis we may get 17 more points. Then again we may not. 7 of those last 17 are teams above us.

17 more points would be enough for the heady heights of 13th based on last season!
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 10:39:31 »

17 more points would be enough for the heady heights of 13th based on last season!

Yay
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 12:08:59 »

When leaving the ground on Saturday we were discussing if we had enough points to stay up, whilst that’s probably overly pessimistic it does suggest that we are looking at lower mid table
DMC

« Reply #42 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 18:35:08 »

11th.
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 20:40:54 »

When leaving the ground on Saturday we were discussing if we had enough points to stay up, whilst that’s probably overly pessimistic it does suggest that we are looking at lower mid table
We are 18 points from the bottom 2, so should be safe, but the fact that we've even mentioned it shows how bad things have got!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 20:41:54 »

10th

it's bloody annoying because injuries, suspensions and sales have done us .

fully fit first 11 + austin before the window would have snuck us into the playoffs imo. The jury is out on whether that's true now, but it's moot anyway given availability.

There is a lot to play for still. But I can't see how it changes in the next 3 or 4 and it may be too late by then
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: