Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official World Cup 2022 Thread  (Read 68652 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 11:49:08 »

Garner?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 12:19:25 »

Fine so it's all down to Southgate then, who you replacing him with?

Sent from my SM-A125F

So it's not down to the tactics then? and the USA players are too good for the likes of Shaw and the rest of the the players to have a plan B and work out how to get behind them? For the record I would go foreign again as there are no English candidates I can think are suitable and would go for Thomas Tuchel after the World Cup is over.

So, give no fucks
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 13:06:01 »

was it different to the 2nd game in Euro 2020 when we drew to Scotland?

I do not recall that game to be honest.

Looking back at our knockout route to the final at Euro 2020, we played Germany (in a shambles), Ukraine, Denmark. The standard at a World Cup is higher and I would bet that Italy would have beaten Scotland.

It could be just a blip, or a tactical bit of not losing, but nevertheless it was a dire performance and not befitting of a side that has the potential to win against really good opposition.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 14:27:44 »

Belgium 0 Morocco 2😀

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 14:36:21 »

wow! I had to go out at half time but they were on top second part of first half.

What a win for them
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 14:36:43 »

Belgium 0 Morocco 2😀

Imagine the meltdown over here if we had lost to Morocco.

It looks like their “Golden Generation” is going to be as successful as ours was
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 14:39:52 »

It looks like their “Golden Generation” is going to be as successful as ours was

Was just discussing the parallels between ours and Belgium’s ‘golden generation’ with the pub landlord. On paper both that England team’s and Belgium’s are/were phenomenal, but neither ever managed to create fear in the opposition.
DMC

« Reply #442 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 14:42:54 »

Fine so it's all down to Southgate then, who you replacing him with?

Sent from my SM-A125F
I think so Yes. I am unsure who to replace him with if we do not do well but someone braver.

Do you not think it is his fault he is not playing players like Foden and playing Mount and not looking at players like Tomori but selecting players like Dier?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 14:43:25 »

So it's not down to the tactics then? and the USA players are too good for the likes of Shaw and the rest of the the players to have a plan B and work out how to get behind them? For the record I would go foreign again as there are no English candidates I can think are suitable and would go for Thomas Tuchel after the World Cup is over.

Interesting. Three good English managers in the PL at the moment all with better records at club level than Southgate.
I suspect that Southgate will call time with England after this tournament but don't think that the FA will look outside of England. Didn't go so well on the last 2 occasions but we'll see.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 14:48:27 »

Fair point, I can still remember the outrage when we lost to Sweden under Taylor

* IMG_4394.JPG (32.57 KB, 196x257 - viewed 18 times.)

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 14:49:15 »

Southgate is our most successful manager since 66.

Yet I doubt he'll be thought of as fondly as Bobby Robson.

I kind of feel the same, but I can't put my finger on why
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 15:06:05 »

Southgate is our most successful manager since 66.

Yet I doubt he'll be thought of as fondly as Bobby Robson.

I kind of feel the same, but I can't put my finger on why

A lot of it is due to Social Media I think.

Remember the press pretty much hounded Robson out of the England job before the 1990 World Cup
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 15:09:47 »

Well that puts the Moules amongst the Frites.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 15:13:26 »

Shame Japan lost, good result for Germany. Let's hope Spain do the business later.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 15:23:15 »

Interesting. Three good English managers in the PL at the moment all with better records at club level than Southgate.
I suspect that Southgate will call time with England after this tournament but don't think that the FA will look outside of England. Didn't go so well on the last 2 occasions but we'll see.

But none of them in their right mind would take the England job, money likely only marginally better, the associated media ball ache and supporters calling for their head two games into a competition where to date they haven't lost.

Sad to say but if we are going down the English manager route it's going to be a Bruce or similar after a last pay day or much as with Southgate an appointment from within? One option slightly ouside that criteria option might be Rodgers, as the gloss seems to have gone at Leicester.

Sent from my SM-A125F
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: