Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mansfield Town v Swindon Town pre match chat & match day thread  (Read 23459 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 07:41:40 »

He should definitely score more. Should have had a couple in this match. I think he's a fantastic player, but he needs to put away some of the chances he gets. Having said that, if he'd scored one of those we wouldn't have got to see Darcy's beauty.

Positive it will come, however Jephcott more wasteful yesterday and should have scored another two.
No complaints from from me the 3 up top yesterday were combining well and pulling their defenders out of position.

As for Darcy’s strike without doubt better live than on the screen.
It had dip and curl, just magnificent and fitting the goal that ultimately put the game to bed.
Celebrations in the away end were cracking.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 07:42:01 »

Wakeling scenario pretty simple for me - if you play him out wide he's ok but didn't have any clear cut chances in that run of games. Play him up front, as yday, and he's excellent, will get in scoring positions and goals will flow again
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 07:51:17 »

Amazing how after a couple of v shaky couple of games at the start of the season, Hutton is now the lynchpin of our attacking play. Has been getting in consistently excellent positions (had their LB on toast yday). Whether we've won or lost since Donny almost lines up with whether he is on it with his final ball or not.

Williams playing behind the front 2 brought the best out of him, and also Darcy, as they weren't getting in each others way like last Saturday.

I wonder if Iandolo will suit us more than FBT (who is the better defender) if we stick with 442 diamond, with his attacking threat.

Who would play at 10 when JW is at the World Cup? Roberts came on there yesterday and had a brilliant diving header hit the bar, but wouldn't be ready for a run of starts.. So maybe Darcy at 10, Khan push up and Reed back in at DM.. Reeds cameo yesterday probably his best of the season which is promising, fans got properly behind him which helps.

All that said, has been clear from game 1 that Lindsay wanted to set the team up with Gladwin as playmaker not Reed.. Will be interesting to see if Lindsay's thinks they can they start together if needed. Khan as the wrecking ball and driving out from the back is improving all the time (and ran the second half yday) although he can be a bit heart in mouth on the edge of our area at times
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 07:55:48 by Boeta » Logged
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 08:45:36 »

5 fers away from home for us are quite rare & should be savoured when they happen.
Being greedy, shame it wasn't six which I don't think I've witnessed before.

Didn't think we'd lose once in the ground on Tuesday & same again today.

Good times. Game on.
You may not have witnessed a sixer away from home - and nor have I - but here's one that sent shock waves through tier 3

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19690118
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 09:07:54 »

5 fers away from home for us are quite rare & should be savoured when they happen.
Being greedy, shame it wasn't six which I don't think I've witnessed before.

Didn't think we'd lose once in the ground on Tuesday & same again today.

Good times. Game on.
Were you not at the famous 6-4 comeback at Birmingham WB??
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 09:18:18 »

Were you not at the famous 6-4 comeback at Birmingham WB??

Oh bloody hell, of course and I was there.
In my defence the forgetfulness is easily explained.  Beers

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 09:19:38 »

Checked back and that's only the 2nd time this century that we've scored 5 away from home in the league.
Last time being Jan 2003 also 5-2 v Stockport.
Shipped 5 a few times and hit for 6 as well so maybe an indicator of being in the doldrums for a lot of that time. Maybe.

Thinking back, will try and not get too carried away, that was one of those games that could have ended up 4-4 had it stayed 11 v 11.
Great to watch though and that's what it's all about, for me anyway.

Credit to Lindsey for the bold attacking approach and maybe the coaching staff are not just a load of random shouty blokes after all. Smiley
It's percentages at this level where the majority of teams are not going to profit from the space when the full backs are not home.
Opposing sides probably won't have encountered our formation very much either, but there will come a time when it gets sussed out.

Jephcott's numbers are starting to look better now, 5 in 11 appearances is good.
Wakelings contribution has been invaluable albeit without the goals in recent games, but only a matter of time before he starts scoring again.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 10:29:39 »

I was there on Tuesday night........looks as if i picked the wrong game to go to Smiley

Twas a great listen on the wireless, although the piece of wood i was cutting went across my drive when we conceded in seconds!

It looking better every match at the moment...keep it going and get out of this league...please.

Clems Army!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 10:57:44 »

Oh bloody hell, of course and I was there.
In my defence the forgetfulness is easily explained.  Beers

What about the 0-7 at Kettering. I know, it was the Cup.
Loobug

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 11:05:31 »

I was at a 0-5 win at Dartford a couple for years back, If we are counting cup games :-)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 11:05:46 »

What about the 0-7 at Kettering. I know, it was the Cup.

Back in student days that one so didn't make it.
Interesting day out for those that were there.
Good cup run that year.

Edit: Also made the 5-1 at Dartford.
Then shipped 5 in the next round!
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 11:08:02 by Wobbly Bob » Logged

Crap!
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 11:14:52 »

Thought that supplying teas and coffees to those in the wheelchair areas in the first half was a nice gesture by Mansfield.

Locking the gate to stop us getting to our cars until 5.25, not so much. Confusion as to who made the decision.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 11:17:47 »

Thought that supplying teas and coffees to those in the wheelchair areas in the first half was a nice gesture by Mansfield.

Locking the gate to stop us getting to our cars until 5.25, not so much. Confusion as to who made the decision.

I didn't think that was allowed anymore and needs clarifying to see if Mansfield broke any rules.

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 11:27:27 »

Back in student days that one so didn't make it.
Interesting day out for those that were there.
Good cup run that year.

Edit: Also made the 5-1 at Dartford.
Then shipped 5 in the next round!
Interesting? I was in the sports bar before the game. A pint mug glanced off my head before shattering against the dart board.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 11:28:23 »

I was at the 2-5 at WBA in the 94-95 season as we were mid free fall from the Premier League to third tier (whatever it was called at the time).

Strangely, looking it up now I see the scoring sequence was exactly the same as yesterday as we came back from 1-0 and 2-1 down although all the goals were scored in the second half.

One of my favourite games...
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: