Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mansfield Town v Swindon Town pre match chat & match day thread  (Read 23959 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 19:40:52 »

Why even make the comment of Wakeling being “off form” for not scoring?
just don’t get the need.
Massive grin after the game today, still very young, learning and that square ball to Jephcott put us in front, acknowledged by all of the players in the celebration.

You literally made a comment on Conroy after most games last season?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 19:46:41 »

5 fers away from home for us are quite rare & should be savoured when they happen.
Being greedy, shame it wasn't six which I don't think I've witnessed before.

Didn't think we'd lose once in the ground on Tuesday & same again today.

Good times. Game on.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 19:48:27 »

I'm absolutely delighted this evening.

Delighted that Lindsay has proved myself and so many others wrong.

Delighted we have our own core of players, all young, enormous potential and secured to long term deals.

Our debt is cleared, stadium purchase imminent and it's finally starting to click on the pitch.

We can get top 3. Somethings happening. You just get a feeling.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 19:49:22 »

Excellent post Clap

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 20:02:20 »

Why even make the comment of Wakeling being “off form” for not scoring?
just don’t get the need.
Massive grin after the game today, still very young, learning and that square ball to Jephcott put us in front, acknowledged by all of the players in the celebration.

My point was exactly what I said.
Wakeling hasn’t scored for a while - so getting himself on the score sheet would have been an added bonus.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 20:04:36 »

Plus I didn’t say he was off form (he very obviously isn’t) but he is off form with regards to purely scoring goals…but let’s not let context get in the way of a dig.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 20:09:01 »

Wow. That’s some statement and performance. Two very soft goals for them. We bossed it in every part of pitch. Defence solid. Khan fucking unreal today. Completely bossed the midfield. Gladwin class and Williams elite. Reckon we could see a 10 + season of goals and assists from him if he stays fit. Wakeling unreal. Back to his best.

We make a few signings in January and this team can do it, for sure. Onwards and upwards. Need a big gate for tranny. 10k you’d like to think.
Whingy the poo

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 20:32:55 »

Wow, what a result. The 700+ fans were totally treated today.  

With the two homes games against bottom sides Colchester & Hartlepool you would expect maximum points, which we got.

To then take 4 points from two away games against teams in & around the playoff positions is absolutely superb  Clap

A turning point? Yes.
Statement of intent? Got to be.

Onto Stockport to start a cup run. COYR

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 20:37:44 »

Stockport to Ethiad only around 5 miles apart maybe a lucky omen from last seasons great game against the Mancs and the start of another cup run!

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 20:39:44 »

You literally made a comment on Conroy after most games last season?

What about being off form?
He was until the latter part of the season.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 20:42:10 »

I'm absolutely delighted this evening.

Delighted that Lindsay has proved myself and so many others wrong.

Delighted we have our own core of players, all young, enormous potential and secured to long term deals.

Our debt is cleared, stadium purchase imminent and it's finally starting to click on the pitch.

We can get top 3. Somethings happening. You just get a feeling.

Only from what I have seen but I don’t think the league is as strong this season.
Apart from Orient I think we are well equipped to challenge for an auto spot.
Hope so as hate this league.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 20:47:22 »

Wow, what a result. The 700+ fans were totally treated today.  

With the two homes games against bottom sides Colchester & Hartlepool you would expect maximum points, which we got.

To then take 4 points from two away games against teams in & around the playoff positions is absolutely superb  Clap

A turning point? Yes.
Statement of intent? Got to be.

Onto Stockport to start a cup run. COYR

Another cup run would be brilliant. Loved City being down here last season. Reckon we'd give Ronaldo, Bruno Fernandes and co a decent game!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 22:24:37 »

Another cup run would be brilliant. Loved City being down here last season. Reckon we'd give Ronaldo, Bruno Fernandes and co a decent game!
Would love a cup run. Got a feeling it will be low on SL's list of priorities though and can see a few "fringers" getting a start. Hope not though

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 06:14:01 »

A massive statement of intent. Watching the goals, the gaps left open for the stags two could have hidden Robin Hoods Merry men. I managed to listen to most of the second half commentary and sounded like we bossed it. Difficult to be critical when you score five away and win but that defending was piss poor.

Be nice to replicate that at Stockpot and progress to the second round of the FA Cup. The financial gravy train awaits us hopefully.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 07:03:33 »

Only negative was probably Wakeling not getting himself on the score sheet.
He’s obviously contributed with two assists today but strikers want to score goals and purely on that front he’s been ‘off form’

He should definitely score more. Should have had a couple in this match. I think he's a fantastic player, but he needs to put away some of the chances he gets. Having said that, if he'd scored one of those we wouldn't have got to see Darcy's beauty.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: