Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford v Swindon  (Read 15828 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 09:23:38 »

My one concern going forward is that our only source of creating regular chances seems to be Hutton down the right and his delivery into the box. If teams get wise to that, it may hinder us further. We seem to lack that danger down the left and probably need to do something about that to make us harder to play against. Some of Gladwin's passes to Hutton were class last night, such an elegant footballer if he can cut out his habit of taking too long on the ball.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 09:34:46 »

Fair point but the goal came from the left

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 09:36:15 »

Well the goal came from the left to be fair

Factually accurate and I was going to caveat that in my statement but forgot! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 09:51:40 »

I think this sums up last night well. I was impressed with Bradford and was pleased to only go in at half time 1-0 down. We looked a little on the ropes but came out strongly in the second half and upped our game. The only negatives for me was a poor performance from Aguiar and some sloppy moments from Gladwin (got caught on the ball at least 3 times in deep areas) and Ellis in particular. (gave the ball away quite a few times but was generally solid) Darcy coming on definitely changed things, Bradford looked a little tired and his energy definitely seemed to add something. Yes the penalty was probably a shade fortunate but no more than we deserved on the second half showing. Bradford will be kicking themselves for not putting the game to bed. Lee Angol could have squared to an unmarked player to put the game to bed but didn't. And more fortune with the penalty save rebounding back to Jeff Cott and then an injury time free kick whistling past Brynn's post. (I couldn't watch and went for an early post match piss)

I have to also give credit to Bradford comms who were much less bias than a lot of northern Ifollow commentary teams. I noted a few times that they said how good a side we were and how well they played. Schoolboy error to give out the 'as it stands' table position after 82 minutes as well, good old commentators curse! Smiley

I thought their coms team were dreadful & very bias! Probably one of the worse pair I've listened too!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 10:00:58 »

I thought their coms team were dreadful & very bias! Probably one of the worse pair I've listened too!

Horses for courses I suppose. Mansfield's last season were the pinnacle of diabolical and bias. One 'amusing' think I noticed was the main commentator's penchant to use the full name of our players, Thomas Clayton and Soloman Brynn the standouts!

adje

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 10:03:17 »

Factually accurate and I was going to caveat that in my statement but forgot! Smiley
🙂
 think we may see a bit more if Iandolo gets regular appearances. Great left foot

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 10:18:54 »

🙂
 think we may see a bit more if Iandolo gets regular appearances. Great left foot

Yeah, if Ellis can replace FBT he definitely potentially has a good delivery on him. But that's a big if, as FBT hasn't done anything wrong so far in that position.

DMC

« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 10:28:19 »

What really impressed me last night kind of goes with what you are worried about there Bob. The line up was very attacking and Ellis working to press in that front 3 but being naturally left gave FBT more space and i thought the first 20 mins we were superb, even the Bradford comms said they are struggling to get a foothold in the game.

I know he gets a lot of stick but the manager proved his worth last night a few times. The initial team selection caused them issues and it looks like after the shaky last 20 he got into them at half time and we started stronger then he made the right changes

Good on him.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 10:46:05 »

What really impressed me last night kind of goes with what you are worried about there Bob. The line up was very attacking and Ellis working to press in that front 3 but being naturally left gave FBT more space and i thought the first 20 mins we were superb, even the Bradford comms said they are struggling to get a foothold in the game.

I know he gets a lot of stick but the manager proved his worth last night a few times. The initial team selection caused them issues and it looks like after the shaky last 20 he got into them at half time and we started stronger then he made the right changes

Good on him.

That's a great point Dean, we were great in the first 20 minutes and it was only after FBT went off that Bradford got that foothold. As you said, seemed a different side in the second half that ended the first on the ropes and after he switched Darcy for the ineffectual Aguiar, we really got into Bradford. Credit to SL and team for picking up that point at a very tricky place to go.

Bradford fans must be tearing their hair out, that's 2 last minute penalties in 2 seasons we've scored against them at Valley Parade to deny them points! Smiley

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 11:01:25 »

Good on him.

Definitely a lot more flexibility than Garner ever employed during his tenure here.
DMC

« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 12:08:24 »

Definitely a lot more flexibility than Garner ever employed during his tenure here.
I agree, looks like he is willing to try the changes rather than be forced to
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 12:22:44 »

I agree, looks like he is willing to try the changes rather than be forced to

And he hasn't been afraid to drop Reed either who definitely was below par earlier on in the season. Reed did set himself a hugely high bar last season to be fair.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 13:00:20 »

I'd say that was the first game he's tried something different during the game. At least for a while?

Credit where its due and all that mind.
DMC

« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 13:07:38 »

I'd say that was the first game he's tried something different during the game. At least for a while?

Credit where its due and all that mind.
Think that's unfair even the dropping of Reed, playing Wakeling wide-switching fullbacks. He has made quite a few in game changes to fair. Whether they have worked or not is a different story but he has shown to be very flexible i thought
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 13:24:40 »

I think Batch is referring to an in game tactical switch as opposed to making subs and switching players around.  So last nights move from the 4-3-3 with two wide players and reverting to a sort of old skool Ardiles Christmas tree/Diamond.  It moved Wakeling next to Jephcott with Shade dropping in behind the two.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: