Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford v Swindon  (Read 16499 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 02:07:26 »

Bit of a shiner, but otherwise OK

* C09412D2-754E-4860-BD11-3EEC4B334C64.jpeg (222.97 KB, 807x1747 - viewed 289 times.)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 05:52:52 »

Good attendance for Bradford fans. Seem to get 16k most home games. What was the atmosphere like?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 05:56:21 »

Good attendance for Bradford fans. Seem to get 16k most home games. What was the atmosphere like?

They do as they’ve sold season tickets for under £200 for the past few seasons. Seems to work for them.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 05:56:51 »

Atmosphere was good when they got going.
Two high stands helps to keep the noise in I guess.
They operate with a drum though.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 06:06:52 »

There was no noise when I went there many years ago midweek when the away fans were all clustered behind one of the goals!

It was the first year they tried to rename 'linesmen' to 'referee's assistants'. One 'lino' was having a 'mare, continually flagging dodgy offsides (against both sides).

Midway through the second half, the lino flagged (once again on a tight offside) and the referee blew up. There was a collective groan across the stadium. Then one card in the right corner, behind the lino shouted 'No wonder you're only the f'ing assistant!'

It was heard by everyone and a wave of chucking spread round the ground. A rather sheepish lino could be seen turning visibly red! 

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 06:15:19 »

Bradford fans saying their player’s arm wasn’t in an unnatural position - which it wasn’t. But looking at it he did lean in towards the ball - which is a penalty.

On to Saturday and an out of sorts Mansfield. 3 points please.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 06:32:00 »

Fully behind Lindsey now. Thought second half we were excellent. The squad overall is a lot better than last year, may not be as much quality in the first XI but we can affect games from the bench now. Subs did well when they came on yesterday. Really think we can come close to autos this year, the league isn’t strong and it doesn’t take much to get to top 3. Couple additions in January and if we’re close I can see us getting in that top 3.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 07:02:44 »

my biggest bug bear with Lindsey was he was rigid with formation and when things were going wrong just stuck to it but changed the players.

last night he didn't do that. he changed it up.

I'm still not a massive fan of Jephcott up top on his own, we don't create enough.

But you can't argue with the results. Ok its taken a hand ball to get a point,  but the second half I thought we were easily as good and probably a bit better than them.

If we can be competitive at Mansfield maybe the fan base will start to believe. maybe they are already
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 07:23:03 »

Bradford fans saying their player’s arm wasn’t in an unnatural position - which it wasn’t. But looking at it he did lean in towards the ball - which is a penalty.

It was definitely an odd one, think you've described it perfectly. Not really sure how the law is worded here, but he's definitely not in an unnatural position, but definitely has moved his arm and body towards the ball.

Our first draw in 12 games last night, since Gillingham.
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 07:34:13 »

Thought he tried to chest it and missed. Unlucky, but penalty all the same.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 07:36:52 »

It was definitely an odd one, think you've described it perfectly. Not really sure how the law is worded here, but he's definitely not in an unnatural position, but definitely has moved his arm and body towards the ball.

The handball law is in a very sad state indeed.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 07:49:23 »

Absolutely, that shouldn’t really be penalty in a million years but the shit rules are what they are so we deserve to benefit from them
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 07:53:00 »

Love the way the Bradford fans unknowingly celebrate our equaliser

So, give no fucks
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 09:10:13 »

I enjoyed that game - two good sides playing football and a decent referee too. Hughes has transformed Bradford’s style of play after last season’s more physical approach.
We started well, Blake-Tracey injury unsettled us - but regrouped after half time. Some positive subs from Lindsey and a well deserved point. Hopefully the doubters will start to get behind what is a decent team taking shape - the missing piece is we need to be more clinical with our final ball and finishing. We feel more resilient than some previous Swindon teams - getting wins and draws rather than draws and defeats in close games.

I said after Saturday’s win that two or three points from Bradford and Mansfield would be a good return, and I’d still be happy with a draw on Saturday.
January will be key - need to keep Brynn and Blake-Tracey and get another goal scoring forward in.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 09:21:09 »

I enjoyed that game - two good sides playing football and a decent referee too. Hughes has transformed Bradford’s style of play after last season’s more physical approach.
We started well, Blake-Tracey injury unsettled us - but regrouped after half time. Some positive subs from Lindsey and a well deserved point. Hopefully the doubters will start to get behind what is a decent team taking shape - the missing piece is we need to be more clinical with our final ball and finishing. We feel more resilient than some previous Swindon teams - getting wins and draws rather than draws and defeats in close games.

I said after Saturday’s win that two or three points from Bradford and Mansfield would be a good return, and I’d still be happy with a draw on Saturday.
January will be key - need to keep Brynn and Blake-Tracey and get another goal scoring forward in.

I think this sums up last night well. I was impressed with Bradford and was pleased to only go in at half time 1-0 down. We looked a little on the ropes but came out strongly in the second half and upped our game. The only negatives for me was a poor performance from Aguiar and some sloppy moments from Gladwin (got caught on the ball at least 3 times in deep areas) and Ellis in particular. (gave the ball away quite a few times but was generally solid) Darcy coming on definitely changed things, Bradford looked a little tired and his energy definitely seemed to add something. Yes the penalty was probably a shade fortunate but no more than we deserved on the second half showing. Bradford will be kicking themselves for not putting the game to bed. Lee Angol could have squared to an unmarked player to put the game to bed but didn't. And more fortune with the penalty save rebounding back to Jeff Cott and then an injury time free kick whistling past Brynn's post. (I couldn't watch and went for an early post match piss)

I have to also give credit to Bradford comms who were much less bias than a lot of northern Ifollow commentary teams. I noted a few times that they said how good a side we were and how well they played. Schoolboy error to give out the 'as it stands' table position after 82 minutes as well, good old commentators curse! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: