Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Piss Pot Trophy v Plymouth  (Read 13117 times)
digby

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 20:44:09 »

I agree, the first half was up there with the worst Zzz  It was so negative and dull, the keeper must have had more touches than the rest of the team put together !

The second half was a great improvement, and I think we were the better team, so much more positive and threatening.
For me the best player was Khan, he's very assured on the ball, he puts himself about, he can turn on a sixpence and he made some driving runs from deep midfield into the opposition half.  

Hutton ran him close, put in some great crosses but is definitely better going forward than defending !

The new striker looked very promising, he looked confident and made sure he was involved in all the attacking moves. If fit, he could be what's needed to fill the hole left by Williams's departure.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 22:29:10 »

Quote from: adje
It seems weird to me that Dabre hasn't gone out on loan like Parsons and Cowmeadow. Does it mean SL rates him above those 2? I suppose logically it does

or nobody wants him!
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 22:51:11 »

Have I missed something

"needed to fill the hole left by Williams's departure".
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 22:52:28 »

Have I missed something

Wales call up. Temporary departure thankfully!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 23:00:52 »

Have I missed something

What the above poster said plus you know the World Cup this November
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 02:00:14 »

Thank goodness.. Smiley
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 04:15:55 »

Surely Khan would replace Williams
normy

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 05:38:36 »

Khan can play defensively but also attacking wise, he should be William's replacement.

ust be the oldest
adje

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 05:39:07 »

or nobody wants him!
There is that

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 09:19:24 »

It seems weird to me that Dabre hasn't gone out on loan like Parsons and Cowmeadow. Does it mean SL rates him above those 2? I suppose logically it does
My mate is a 'Nam fan and he says he was brilliant at National South level during his loan and would welcome him back any time, praised his chasing of everything, won them a penalty and scored a goal in his 11 game loan spell, he says they are trying to get him on loan again.

I think it would do him the world of good as hes got great close control but has no final touch, how he missed the totally open goal from 1 yard out is beyond me, seemed like he fell over his own feet and that stopped Roberts from getting to the ball and scoring.

As RobT suggested, I bet he looks amazing in 5 asides and in training has great control and ball skills but get him on a big pitch and it all fluffs up.

He does remind me of Carmelo Gallo back in the early 80s, was a guiness book of records contender for his keepy uppy skills, demonstrated them on the pitch pre game in the 82 as a 16 year old and signed as an apprentice and couldnt do it in matchday conditions and went on to play for Supermarine and Lambourn Sports and never set the world on fire.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?AuxiliaryTeam=Reserves&MatchID=1519831510

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 10:05:10 »

Would be interesting if we can get to a point with everyone fit and Lindsey is brave enough to play Jephcott, Wakeling and Hepburn-Murphy as a front 3. We might not ever get to a point of having a good capable defence this season but you have to see goals in that front three.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 10:23:41 »

Getting minutes into the legs of Ellis and RHM important, the result completely irrelevant.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 10:53:01 »

Would be interesting if we can get to a point with everyone fit and Lindsey is brave enough to play Jephcott, Wakeling and Hepburn-Murphy as a front 3. We might not ever get to a point of having a good capable defence this season but you have to see goals in that front three.
We do certainly need to play Jephcott and Wakeling, even if its not as a 2 but Wakeling operating wide left.

RHM I think will be used for a couple of months as an impact sub, and what a sub he could be, for someone who is only 5 foot 8 he can jump, hes strong, can control a ball and has bags of pace and blatantly knows where the goal is. When fully fit that 3 you suggest could be a no brainer.

This video shows what he is capable of with a hat-trick for Tranny vs MK Dongs 2 years or so ago.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 17:07:57 »

Yes, it can be quite annoying when someone talks a huge amount without really saying anything new or interesting.

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 19:38:03 »

We do certainly need to play Jephcott and Wakeling, even if its not as a 2 but Wakeling operating wide left.

RHM I think will be used for a couple of months as an impact sub, and what a sub he could be, for someone who is only 5 foot 8 he can jump, hes strong, can control a ball and has bags of pace and blatantly knows where the goal is. When fully fit that 3 you suggest could be a no brainer.

This video shows what he is capable of with a hat-trick for Tranny vs MK Dongs 2 years or so ago.

Thanks.  Enjoyed that.  Then watched the extended highlights from last night.  RHM looks a prospect with a spot of actual pedigree behind him. 

An injury history too - which may be why we got him - but a bit special and not one to rush and risk breaking.

It looks like the game was generally a useful exercise and showed plenty of promise (alongside a need for further develoment or fitness - as the case may be) in our squad.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: