Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sutton United pre match chat and matchday thread 22/23  (Read 24275 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #405 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 11:45:17 »

What went on with the Barrow game? I was watching Swindon vs Sutton..
No idea, nothing on BBC about it, Donny forum just suggest that they were shit, nothing about a fracas.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 11:50:16 »

Are the rumours of Lindsey calling a fan a fat cut etc true🤔

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 11:51:20 »

Its kind of weird that a win just convinced me more that Lindsey isn't the man to lead us forward, but here we are. Sutton were honestly atrocious and it seems that is the criteria needed for us to win games this season.

I already knew we had ability going forward despite the lack of goals, its obvious. But we cannot defend for shit. Totally hopeless and Lindsey doesn't show even the slightest signs of sorting it out.  The phrase papering over the cracks springs to mind.

Sutton were far from atrocious. Very rarely went long, set up brave and went for it. The amount of shite in this league they were far from bad and scored 2 good goals.

The defence has conceded 3 goals in the league 6 games btw
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 11:53:21 »

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=59392.msg1701596#msg1701596
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 11:57:31 »

Top teams in this division or in football as a whole?

Football in general with Liverpool a good example. I just think too many coaches follow the trend when maybe it's not beet suited to the players that they have.

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 11:58:34 »

If it is true then he will never get the fans on his side.

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 11:59:18 »

It’s no rumour, I seen/heard it.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 12:13:22 »

Whilst understandable from a human perspective when the manager or member of the coaching staff starts firing back at verbals it’s usually the beginning of the end. It just creates further divisions.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 12:14:29 »

10th league game at home on a Tuesday evening unbeaten, 6 wins and 4 draws in a row.
Didn’t we use to have a jinx re weekday evening games?

Anyway, 3 points at an out of sorts Donny would go some way to quelling any mutiny.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 12:18:22 »

What went on with the Barrow game? I was watching Swindon vs Sutton..

Talking of the Barrow game, this made me smile, https://twitter.com/jacknpeat/status/1569562920148770816

The fact that it appears to have been considerably cheaper to fly London - Dublin - Manchester and then train to Barrow rather than just train London - Barrow is mental!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 12:19:39 »

Sutton were far from atrocious. Very rarely went long, set up brave and went for it. The amount of shite in this league they were far from bad and scored 2 good goals.

The defence has conceded 3 goals in the league 6 games btw

They were not atrocious - they helped make the game very watchable in the first half.  However, they are not going to challenge based on that performance.  They are typical League Two fodder - at the moment we don't look a whole lot better than that either but the good news is that small margins separate that group and those chasing the play offs.  I still think that is a failure of a season for our club, but it gives some hope.

Other than Leyton Orient and maybe Salford for a small period, nobody has looked that great against us.  We haven't looked much kop either, games have been close (we have looked the more likely to concede in more than the opposite being true, thus far).  The Harrogate second half aside, in all those other games we've not been outclassed, plus you get some Rochdales thrown in.
DMC

« Reply #416 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 12:20:25 »

Finally a win, 3 pts and a 90th min winner feels good, who cares how it comes 😂. Thought Jephcott shoulda scored both chances he had. First goal from them fully avoidable as per usual, 7 players on other side of pitch and just 1 on the goal scored side tells you why we conceded. Nice finish from Williams for the second. Darcy creative but got bullied yday, criminal letting that ball bounce twice for their second, right back shoulda done better also. Thought midfield was good and worked well together, Reed getting back to his best just keeping play moving (brilliant feet for third goal build up). Lavenier decent and Williams a standout, gotta play both forwards together now, make it work.. Wakeling looks a top find.

I’m not sold on Lindsey at all, but telling him to go mid game I find a little odd, keep it to end of game at least, we was drawing the game, performance wasn’t even that bad. Hope he did give it back to the fans and more, next time I hope he does a mourinho and knee slides, more than entitled to give it after he takes it. Brynn had no choice but to kick it out/king with how toxic it was. Baffles me with persist playing out with McDonald, when we have Baudry who’s one of the best passers in league from defence.
Spot on this is word for word
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #417 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 12:27:04 »

Didn’t we use to have a jinx re weekday evening games?

Anyway, 3 points at an out of sorts Donny would go some way to quelling any mutiny.
Absolutely.

Donny fans are like a carbon copy of a lot of our fans on their forum, lots of moaning even when they were winning and wanting rid of the manager, lifeless gutless performances etc.

Apparently they could easily have lost 5-0 at Barrow last night too.

From the Donny forum....
Early results and performances have put us in a good place , but Mansfield showed how difficult L2 can be if your off the pace . Barrow away isn’t a good place to go when you’ve not played since . Performance tonight is worrying me that settled lower league sides know how to compete and it’s shows now that our young team is still learning and not paying attention !

This is absolute garbage from us tonight.
We look a long long way off a promotion side with this performance.
Not one attempt on goal 2nd half and it is now 82 mins gone.

Very worrying signs in the past 2 games that big problems still remain.

I think the first few games flattered us a little, very poor last two matches, think we'll level out a bit now.

Terrible performance, Barrow fully deserved the victory and could have scored 5. Something needs to change!!!

Not sure what McSheffrey says at half time but it’s obviously not having any effect . Our passion to grind out a result just seems to have evaporated. The games come thick and fast in League2 and you don’t get time to lick  your wounds before your being punished again !

Thanks to Barrow tonight. I actually really enjoyed watching them play. Organised, play with tempo, work hard, get players forward, move the ball quickly and create lots of chances. It isn't difficult Gary. Unlike us who play with Miller on his own and which will see us go nowhere in this league. Not a criticism of Miller. He's no chance dealing with long balls all on his own with pedestrian midfielders providing zero support.

Long struggled tonight,
Knoyle was the only player who played anything like tonight,
Big game on Saturday, need to stop the rot

Let's be honest, even after dropping a division performances haven't been good this season. Our luck has seemingly ran out and results are now catching up with us.
We're getting close to the 10 game milestone by which the season usually starts to settle down but I can't say I've really seen much to be encouraged about.
It's not time to panic just yet but we really need to be seeing significant improvements in our performances over the next few weeks.

Utterly clueless. Same performance as lat season and common denominator? A manager who is about an inspiring as my nan.

One relegation already with piss poor performances, do you all want to see performances like we have all season. Slow and boring and also what's worse....found out. 3-0 and 2-0 and battered in successive games. 5 goals in injury time to magic some points when we shouldn't have.
Utterly utterly dreadful and inept management, tactics and his itnerviews? Jesus, no wonder they come out half dead after half time.

We haven’t scored a goal in open play for 400 minutes.

We have the players just not the manager.

2 more games till the 10 game mark. If we are out the playoffs and there’s still no performance or sign that we will be better and I think there’s a decision to be made.

I watched on Ifollow and we were clueless from. back to front Williams cannot defend the midfield was non existent and Miller was once again on his own no support there was no structure at all the manager must take responsibility.

All i want is to not be completely dominated by Swindon for the first half an hour where they also take the lead. A familiar pattern at the Eco Power.
Sadly, you don't always get what you want.
Decent side are Swindon. I believe they have lost Harry McKirdy who i've always rated since he was at Carlisle so that is a bonus.
They haven't won away in the league this season in 4 and have scored 2 goals.

I see us winning this game. Every team has a period of losing a few games. It won’t be easy but if he makes a few changes, I see no reason why we can’t get three points.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 12:50:36 »

Bizarrely I was looking at the TEF yesterday and a really old match day thread from 2009 at home to Southend United. There was a discussion about a group of fans (one of them was the Rick Wakeman lookalike) and one overweight gentleman in particular that basically spent the whole game abusing the players/manager etc. I wonder if it's the same gentleman in question?

We won that game against Southend as well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 13:55:02 »

Thanks for clarifying I wasn't sure if it was the usual forum gossip.

Based on what you witnessed he has to be careful not to react to fans winding him up as it will escalate quickly if results & performances deteriorate.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: