Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RIP Our Queen  (Read 12197 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 11:28:29 »

"by appointment to Her Majesty The Queen"

Though that may not have to change I guess

It does, but I think they have c.2 years to enact the change.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 11:31:22 »

The Royal Warrant is granted by members of the British Royal family to fantastic companies or individuals who supply top-notch goods. It stamps a royal seal of approval on particular goods and highlights the products that the Royal family have been buying for at least five years.

So if the seal states the Queen, I guess it will have to be changed to KIng, but according to that it is the Royal family that can issue them to products..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 12:07:01 »

I really am out of sync, don't mean to be rude but I genuinely couldn't give a shit.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 12:08:19 »

I really am out of sync, don't mean to be rude but I genuinely couldn't give a shit.

I am similarly non-plussed, BUT, I can kind of understand why it is a big deal and some people do care.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 12:11:37 »

I certainly can’t get upset over a 96 year old woman who I’ve never met, who has played no part in my life dying of old age…but…then the day previous to her death I was at the funeral of a 36 year old man, so that has probably played a part.

However, if people feel a sense of loss, then they can do them. I’m not going to tell anyone else how to feel.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 12:16:46 »

But you can see why its a significant event in the history of Britain though.

fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 12:21:00 »

HP Sauce will have to remove the Royal Warrant within 2 years and it will be up to King Charles to grant them a new one in his name if he so desires.

He may grant Prince Wiliam the right to issue Royal Warrants in his name and I suppose Cammila may also get the right to as Queen Consort.

My wife's employer has a Royal Warrant from The Duke of Edinburgh which should expire on the second anniversary of his death.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 12:25:53 »

What about things like the RIAT ?? I was working there when we got the approval to move from IAT to RIAT - does that stay?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 12:28:50 »

Nothing wrong with that mate,out of sync with some but definitely 'n Sync with others
« Last Edit: Friday, September 9, 2022, 12:37:57 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 12:29:08 »

I'm in no way a royalist and the passing of the Queen didn't really affect me in any great emotional way. However we live in a community which is and the green opposite our house has a massive tree which was planted in 1952 for the coronation. Earlier this year for the 70th anniversary my wife and a neighbour did a repair job of the bench that is below the tree, painted it that kind of purply colour and buffed up the bronze plaque that is adorned on it. As I watched the rolling news on the Television I looked out to the empty bench and felt a pang of sadness. I'm not sure whether it was for the loss of the monarch or just an empty bench beneath a tree seems a bit sad but it was oddly symbolic, for a brief moment.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 12:32:03 »

You're not the only one believe me.  You're just lucky that you are sat in a different country.  Rather than feeling like you're a stranger in your own country.

Never knowingly overstated.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 12:33:22 »

Get a grip.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 12:34:17 »

I didn't realise that after all the massive rush up to Balmoral by the family yesterday she seems to have passed before most of them arrived which is sad for them.

I'm also no royalist, nor republican really, always worked on the principal that as the RF seems to bring in more cash to UK PLC than it costs then so be it, but it is  a massive historical moment for the country and could be the catalyst for enormous change albeit not sure whether that will be good or not.

I am sad as much as anything as some people have lost their mum/gran etc.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 12:34:58 »

You're not the only one believe me.  You're just lucky that you are sat in a different country.  Rather than feeling like you're a stranger in your own country.

You mean Nicholas Witchell doesn't speak for you  Wink Cheesy
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 12:41:56 »

Obviously give enough of a shit to post that you don't give a shit though.

I am not crying in my cornflakes that the queen has died, but like Batch says it's a significant event for the country and I can understand why some feel the impact of her death more than others.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: