Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall v Swindon Town pre/Matchday Thread -  (Read 16483 times)
SpeakingFluentPeroni

« Reply #210 on: Thursday, August 11, 2022, 10:28:59 »

Thought the lads showed great spirit second half vs Salford and manager deserves credit for galvanising them/changing things around to make us competitive. Was refreshing after the capitulation at Harrogate. Additionally, am I misremembering or didn’t Salford beat us at home last season?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Thursday, August 11, 2022, 10:48:24 »

The "most played" XI last year was:

Wollacott (39 starts)

Iandolo (46)
Conroy (40)
Odimayo (36)
Hunt (40)

Payne (36)
Reed (45)
Williams (28)
Gladwin (24)

McKirdy (40)
Simpson (28)

Which is probably a better first XI than we have now, albeit it's too early to judge some of the new signings - on paper at least, MacDonald should be a better defender than any of these. Some of the players who you think of as quality last season didn't actually play that much as SFP says - Egbo 8 starts, KKH 19, Tomlinson 10, Baudry 18, Cooper 8.

Plus, we’re not sure what we are going to get with McKirdy.
Will he hit 15+ goals this season or less than 5?

I think we all share the impression it’s going to be all or nothing with him. Don’t think he’s gonna be a consistent goal scorer like say a SSP was…
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Thursday, August 11, 2022, 10:51:28 »

MacDonald surely has the quality to be good in this league, what I've seen from Clayton suggests he could be a very good addition, Hutton looked much more comfortable as an actual RB on Saturday so still hopeful he has a big part to play, really need Blake-Tracy to be a reliable LB for at least a couple of months, if so the back line could be OK if we opt for a back 4.  Thought Brennan looked OK in the 1st half at Harrogate and we know what Baudry offers.

The midfield as we all know is largely the same, Payne is an obvious loss but see a lot of similar attributes in Darcy, will take time for him to be at Payne's level of course but he does offer a similar skillset.

Really the only thing is getting that 9 which is the hardest thing to do at any level.

Will it work out?  Who knows but I'm wired to look for the positives in this regard even though I more often than not think things will go wrong in my actual life.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Thursday, August 11, 2022, 10:55:30 »

Honestly mate this summer has done me. I have lost nearly all interest and it is is down to the negativity and absolute bullshit i have seen all summer. Before anyone says things aren't great i am not even on about the players etc . I think we look poor and i also think Lndsey will be a disaster but the shit around the ownership of the club that is going around and the constant sniping no matter what the club does is just boring now. First home game of the season last week and i wasn't looking forward to it.

I have seen this club in much worse positions than this but still got excited over saturdays but now i hate everything about supporting this club, the 90 minutes was enough but i am dreading that now. I know we say all fans are the same but honestly this last 3 months i have known nothing like ours
Sick to death with certain people on twitter now. Ripping the piss out of everything the club says and does has become their personality.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Thursday, August 11, 2022, 11:03:42 »

I see Walsall have drawn Charlton in round 2.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Thursday, August 11, 2022, 11:18:42 »

Losing in the playoffs is always a devastating hammer blow. We’ve only once in our history succeeded in gaining promotion the following season (1990) and even that was taken away from us.
We are not the sort of club that seems to be able to build on near success.
 We as fans shouldn’t beat ourselves up over our inevitable negativity….(it’s like a defence mechanism, a way of trying to avoid a repeat of the misery) but we’re only hurting ourselves by taking out our frustrations by criticising and abusing the club we love.
It’s worth trying to be hopeful and positive (however ridiculous that may seem at times like this) and, dare I say it, appreciating the fact that we have a well supported club that means so much to us.
I’m aware this advice/ plea probably doesn’t help at the moment!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Thursday, August 11, 2022, 15:33:37 »

Thought the lads showed great spirit second half vs Salford and manager deserves credit for galvanising them/changing things around to make us competitive. Was refreshing after the capitulation at Harrogate. Additionally, am I misremembering or didn’t Salford beat us at home last season?

I already realised last season, when we abjectly let Salford overturn a second half lead, that this club had no future.... Bad Mood

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Thursday, August 11, 2022, 15:34:06 »

Wink
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Thursday, August 11, 2022, 17:23:25 »

As many have said. It's the hope that kills you.
Personally the current disappointment is how could Garner, Chorley and Woolacot Payne Egbo possibly others not want to take STFC to higher places especially after last years frustrating end to a really ok season. Why didn't they cry with the frustration of just missing out and want to put it right this year.
Why the hell did they just get up and move on without seemingly a thought for my football club.
Think it must be in a football supporters DNA where nothing else really matters but seeing our own team win and do well especially over their local rivals.
Possibly that is why Bert Head's team of yesteryear will be remembered with pride. Local lads mostly from down the road who knew how important it was to be successful for the local community to do well.
This could just  be  a total load of bollocks and life is a passionless day to day existence waiting to pay tax and die.
JL just pull your fucking finger out and do well for all of us poor football supporters around the world.
COYRs

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Thursday, August 11, 2022, 18:14:29 »

Personally the current disappointment is how could Garner, Chorley and Woolacot Payne Egbo possibly others not want to take STFC to higher places especially after last years frustrating end to a really ok season. Why didn't they cry with the frustration of just missing out and want to put it right this year.
Why the hell did they just get up and move on without seemingly a thought for my football club.
Why wouldn’t they go? They got offered more money to go to a bigger club, with more potential in a higher league. Any normal person would do exactly the same.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Thursday, August 11, 2022, 18:31:41 »

Why wouldn’t they go? They got offered more money to go to a bigger club, with more potential in a higher league. Any normal person would do exactly the same.

No problem with any of them leaving to better themselves although disappointed that Garner never had the decency to thank the fans for their support during his time here.

So, give no fucks
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #221 on: Thursday, August 11, 2022, 20:12:20 »

No problem with any of them leaving to better themselves although disappointed that Garner never had the decency to thank the fans for their support during his time here.
Really? He was hardly supported, first time they sang his name was Walsall away. He wasn;t supported and pretty much just accepted
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Thursday, August 11, 2022, 20:18:29 »

Really? He was hardly supported, first time they sang his name was Walsall away. He wasn;t supported and pretty much just accepted

I'm sure I heard we are Garners red & white army on numerous occasions but can't say the same when Sheriden was in charge! I bet there's a few wishing he was still here.
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 11, 2022, 20:28:50 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Thursday, August 11, 2022, 20:43:27 »

I'm sure I heard we are Garners red & white army on numerous occasions but can't say the same when Sheriden was in charge! I bet there's a few wishing he was still here.

Errr think you've forgotten about COVID?  We had to watch that Sheridan shite on the telly.

I thought Garner was well supported in the main, particularly away from home and in the last few home games.  Early on it was hit and miss as couldn't get going at home. 
Don't really care of he says thanks or not to be honest, that's up to him, although I'm sure a better man probably would.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Thursday, August 11, 2022, 20:48:28 »

Errr think you've forgotten about COVID?  We had to watch that Sheridan shite on the telly.

I thought Garner was well supported in the main, particularly away from home and in the last few home games.  Early on it was hit and miss as couldn't get going at home. 
Don't really care of he says thanks or not to be honest, that's up to him, although I'm sure a better man probably would.

Covid or not I'm sure any chants about Sheriden wouldn't have been complimentary. Your last point is what I was eluding to "a better man probably would" from a professional perspective.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: