Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall v Swindon Town pre/Matchday Thread -  (Read 16477 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 21:47:56 »

Really interesting to see that even some of the more level headed Town fans on Twitter are questioning the manager already.

I hate to say it, but Clem and the board have really ballsed this one up.

The fans feel cheated after being told Lindsey was the outstanding candidate for the job when we all know different!

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 21:55:33 »

The fans feel cheated after being told Lindsey was the outstanding candidate for the job when we all know different!

Do we know different?
Do we know who applied? Who was interviewed? How well they interviewed? How much money they wanted?
Do we know that the other candidates would have had a better start to the season?

Obviously Lindsey hasn’t started well, that much is clear but let’s not pretend we know all about the managerial recruitment process and how it went and all the candidates and how well they would have done 3 games in
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 21:59:53 »

Really interesting to see that even some of the more level headed Town fans on Twitter are questioning the manager already.

I hate to say it, but Clem and the board have really ballsed this one up.

It’s was always the cheap option.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 22:04:37 »

Do we know different?
Do we know who applied? Who was interviewed? How well they interviewed? How much money they wanted?
Do we know that the other candidates would have had a better start to the season?

Obviously Lindsey hasn’t started well, that much is clear but let’s not pretend we know all about the managerial recruitment process and how it went and all the candidates and how well they would have done 3 games in

My point is from the fans perspective he wasn't the outstanding candidate. We all saw the list of potentials with murmurs of the club getting turned down because we wouldn't meet their wage demands.

Would they have had a better start to the season who knows but at least the supporters would have been more optimistic for the season ahead which clearly isn't the case with Lindsey in charge.

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 22:07:10 »

He wasn’t the outstanding name linked by the internet, no - that much is true.

How many of those link by the internet applied?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 22:11:54 »

He wasn’t the outstanding name linked by the internet, no - that much is true.

How many of those link by the internet applied?

I'm not in the know (plenty of reference in the new manager thread) but the length of time it took to appoint a manager tells its own story and if Lindsey was the outstanding candidate he would have been given the job within days of Garner leaving.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 22:19:14 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 22:57:19 »

Sounds like it was a reasonable performance for a second string until the penalty and sending off. I would have loved to have won today. I hope for his sake more than anything that Lindsey gets his first win soon!
How many fans did we take? I could hear our fans on the radio comms quite a bit.
It really wasn't.   Not having a go at the players because they all put a shift in, none really stood out as good or bad.   

First half was ok, neither side really looked like scoring and we had a fair amount of the ball and one excellent attack down the right.  2nd half was woeful, think we touched the ball once in their box and that was a tame stretch to an over hit pass.

Slowly we went further and further back trying the same thing over and over again until we got caught.
No attempt to change it,  treated it like a friendly.

Not many there 400ish, fairly quiet as bored and lots of sarcastic comments about "this way" and "it's over here" etc.   Crowd will turn very soon, it's absolutely tedious and a total waste of time watching it.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 23:09:07 »

Do we know different?

Had they come out very quickly and said we always want to look to promote internally then I could accept that but they didn't.   They interviewed 10 candidates and I suspect they hired the only one within budget.

The club shop is shut because there's no staff
Most of the commercial team have left
Analysts being paid minimum wage
Mugs costing £15
Season tickets for kids up 200%

The penny pinching is killing this club.   You can't be sustainable if you piss off your customer base and loss all of your staff.

The service industry is not like construction and I get the feeling that Clem is about to learn that lesson in a very big way.   
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 23:47:08 »

Should have started on the Stratton Bank shouldn't they?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 05:01:23 »

Hmmm. Two minutes of highlights show 2 goalkeeping errors by Ward resulting in 2 goals.

For the first, Ward poor kick out to Minturn. Minturn unlucky to be sent off for that as the fella ran into him after passing to 27, who looked offside.

For the second, Shade's pocket picked, but Ward snuffed out the danger until Aguilar just ran with the ball, lost it and didn't chase back. Ward spilled a soft shot and striker poached it.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 05:44:52 »

That passage of play from our kick off pretty much sums up where we are.   
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 05:46:44 »

The second goal is fucking unforgivable on all accounts of Shade, Aguiar and Ward.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 06:23:46 »

Not impressive highlights those, although it's essentially only the two goals. First one felt like it could have been a yellow for Minturn but can hardly complain. Second goal is super sloppy.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 06:40:44 »

It really wasn't.   Not having a go at the players because they all put a shift in, none really stood out as good or bad.   

First half was ok, neither side really looked like scoring and we had a fair amount of the ball and one excellent attack down the right.  2nd half was woeful, think we touched the ball once in their box and that was a tame stretch to an over hit pass.

Slowly we went further and further back trying the same thing over and over again until we got caught.
No attempt to change it,  treated it like a friendly.

Not many there 400ish, fairly quiet as bored and lots of sarcastic comments about "this way" and "it's over here" etc.   Crowd will turn very soon, it's absolutely tedious and a total waste of time watching it.

Thanks for saving me the time to post.
I never walk out before the end of the game, last night when the second went in I walked out.

Your post is very accurate.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 06:45:37 »

Had they come out very quickly and said we always want to look to promote internally then I could accept that but they didn't.   They interviewed 10 candidates and I suspect they hired the only one within budget.

The club shop is shut because there's no staff
Most of the commercial team have left
Analysts being paid minimum wage
Mugs costing £15
Season tickets for kids up 200%

The penny pinching is killing this club.   You can't be sustainable if you piss off your customer base and loss all of your staff.

The service industry is not like construction and I get the feeling that Clem is about to learn that lesson in a very big way.   

20% increase to the budget - doesn’t sit right does it.
Our first 11 looks right now to be considerably weaker.

The team that started last season albeit with loans is considerably stronger than our first 11 we can put out now. We have invested in “depth” and can only hope it’s a case of this will improve quickly.

Honestly I don’t think we are good enough and I really really hope I am wrong because I am struggling to enjoy watching this garbage.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: