Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall v Swindon Town pre/Matchday Thread -  (Read 16476 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 08:43:35 »

Hmmm. Two minutes of highlights show 2 goalkeeping errors by Ward resulting in 2 goals.

For the first, Ward poor kick out to Minturn. Minturn unlucky to be sent off for that as the fella ran into him after passing to 27, who looked offside.

For the second, Shade's pocket picked, but Ward snuffed out the danger until Aguilar just ran with the ball, lost it and didn't chase back. Ward spilled a soft shot and striker poached it.

There was me thinking that Ward was the answer to all of our problems according to Twatter?

Not good viewing, gotta feel some sympathy for the young players out there, looked like they were setup to play pin the tail on the donkey.  The pen shout looked outside the box to me, but apart from that can't really complain about the decisions made.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 08:58:42 »

I don't get the love in for Ward.

I thought he was at fault for FGR's goal against us at the back end of last season. Questionable for the Barrow goal too.

He's a decent backup.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 09:11:48 »

It’s was always the cheap option.
This is Swindon,  it always will be.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 10:22:34 »

I don't get the love in for Ward.

I thought he was at fault for FGR's goal against us at the back end of last season. Questionable for the Barrow goal too.

He's a decent backup.

The Barrow goal was a mistake, definitely. Made an outstanding save not long after though that was about 100 times more tricky.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 10:24:05 »

Hmmm. Two minutes of highlights show 2 goalkeeping errors by Ward resulting in 2 goals.

For the first, Ward poor kick out to Minturn. Minturn unlucky to be sent off for that as the fella ran into him after passing to 27, who looked offside.

For the second, Shade's pocket picked, but Ward snuffed out the danger until Aguilar just ran with the ball, lost it and didn't chase back. Ward spilled a soft shot and striker poached it.

For me The first was outside the box (no penalty) and should have been a yellow not a red...

For the second... it shouldn't have got anywhere near Ward in the first place but the fact it did and he spilled it doesn't help his claim for No 1 spot...

Lack of goals is a worry... I think this season will go one of two ways.. unmitigated disaster with relegation OR, things will click after 5-6 games and we'll finish top of the league...
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 10:40:13 »

Could you imagine if we went down

We'd be stuck in the NL forever
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 10:59:19 »

Could you imagine if we went down

We'd be stuck in the NL forever
Exactly...my second worst STFC nightmare....the worst being the Club totally folding and having to start again in the Cherry Red Records League...or wherever...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 12:33:21 »

My thoughts FWIW.

When we saw the team we all expected to lose, so no real surprise that we did.

On that basis, I don't see that this adds any more pressure to Lindsey, but the longer we go without winning, or even looking like scoring a goal, that pressure is going to grow.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 13:14:30 »

From the minute the team was announced the towel was in the air. Disappointed the tie was given no importance but a win on Saturday will go some way to placate me at least

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 13:16:40 »

We clearly need a striker - not sure what the hold up is with signing one, unless we are holding until the end of the window to hope to sign a certain Ipswich player on the cheap - although it does seem Ipswich are happy to leave him in the reserves to rot and not sell him
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 16:54:55 »

The hold up is we obviously haven't identified one that we want and that also wants to join us at a cost that suits us.  The club is looking for one, they say this several times a week, like I've said before Doyle came in for the third game and tore the division apart, I get it's frustrating to not have all the cogs in place at this stage but no team does, why should it be any different for us?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 18:37:17 »

Shouldn't we have done all this before the season started, like everyone else?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 18:41:13 »

Shouldn't we have done all this before the season started, like everyone else?

We were too busy trying to find a manager before Clem realised he was at the club already😀

So, give no fucks
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 18:45:20 »

If not one other team in the league signs another player then I'll take it back, 90% of other forums will be having exactly the same conversation assuming every other club has competed their business, it will continue to be like this as long as professional football continues. 

If we came out and exclaimed that all our business was completed before the first game kicked off only for a rival team to sign a player that goes on to be top scorer in the division 3 or 4 weeks later everybody would be complaining that we didn't wait to get him instead.

Any stick that can be used to batter the club with will be by many people, I know that, I just don't get what people get out of supporting football if all there is to it is complaining about it?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 20:06:14 »

If not one other team in the league signs another player then I'll take it back, 90% of other forums will be having exactly the same conversation assuming every other club has competed their business, it will continue to be like this as long as professional football continues. 

If we came out and exclaimed that all our business was completed before the first game kicked off only for a rival team to sign a player that goes on to be top scorer in the division 3 or 4 weeks later everybody would be complaining that we didn't wait to get him instead.

Any stick that can be used to batter the club with will be by many people, I know that, I just don't get what people get out of supporting football if all there is to it is complaining about it?
Honestly mate this summer has done me. I have lost nearly all interest and it is is down to the negativity and absolute bullshit i have seen all summer. Before anyone says things aren't great i am not even on about the players etc . I think we look poor and i also think Lndsey will be a disaster but the shit around the ownership of the club that is going around and the constant sniping no matter what the club does is just boring now. First home game of the season last week and i wasn't looking forward to it.

I have seen this club in much worse positions than this but still got excited over saturdays but now i hate everything about supporting this club, the 90 minutes was enough but i am dreading that now. I know we say all fans are the same but honestly this last 3 months i have known nothing like ours
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: