Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Salford City pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 33318 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 11:07:36 »

What does he miss one league game?

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 11:11:28 »

That’s why you have assistant referees but obviously they are just as useless. Ultimately the referee guessed on a key decision or worst let his emotions cloud his judgement but either way he’s clearly not capable of officiating at this level.

Fair point.
Just I can see why the ref thought it was a foul based on the view he had
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 11:13:27 »

Fair point.
Just I can see why the ref thought it was a foul based on the view he had
In that case it’s everything I just said and crap positioning as well.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 11:13:56 »

What does he miss one league game?
Page 28

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 11:16:29 »

Page 28

Carlisle! Probably a good thing as he may have got into more mischief against one of his former clubs.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 11:29:01 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 11:28:08 »

Carlisle! Probably a good thing as he may have gone into more mischief against one of his former clubs.

Come on Jimmy, keep up at the back.  Doh
Deep breath & read it again mate.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 11:30:01 »

So, the missing games aligned to the competition only no longer applies?

The rules are the same, you get a ban in the EFL league and your ban carries over to the EFL cup.  You get a ban in the EFL league and your next fixture is the FA cup, then your ban carries over to the next fixture that is an EFL fixture.  It's all a matter of who runs the governence for the competition that your next fixture is in.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 11:37:01 »

Quote from: ibelieveinmrreeves
Anyway. That ref. After seeing someone say 5/7 were justified, I'm going over in my head to try and remember each one.

Baudry - don't remember this one.

I think he was booked for deliberate handball. He went down under challenge on the touch line and effectively caught the ball expecting the whistle/purposely preventing the attacker scampering away (take your pick).

at least two others were yellows, even with my rose tinted specs. Both were drag backs of a player making a run into a promising position.

can't remember the last time we were so cynical in fouling.

The ref wasn't consistent though. And I'm not sure, but that looked a good shout for a penalty early in the second half
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 11:37:17 »

Come on Jimmy, keep up at the back.  Doh
Deep breath & read it again mate.

Apologies I stopped reading after LL's comment😀 Mickey Mouse cup so even better leaving him to wind up the Carlisle fans😀

So, give no fucks
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 11:44:16 »

Apologies I stopped reading after LL's comment😀 Mickey Mouse cup so even better leaving him to wind up the Carlisle fans😀

Valid question though.
Had he been suspended for Carlisle then would there have been a case for leaving him out on Tuesday with a view to looking at the forward options for Saturday.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 11:48:41 »

In that case it’s everything I just said and crap positioning as well.

Fucking hell.
Ref was in the middle of the pitch! How is that bad positioning?
Sure, it meant he didn’t have the best view of the McKirdy incident but he’d need to be on the DRS touch line (…or better yet half way up the stand) to have had the best view of that.
I’m no ref but I’m not sure it’s would good positioning to be that far over one side of the pitch.

Whilst the ref was crap let’s not forget he makes his decision in a split second from the angle he sees.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 11:53:25 »

Whilst the ref was crap let’s not forget he makes his decision in a split second from the angle he sees.
That’s always been a shit excuse for this sort of thing though as first rule is don’t make any decision unless you are 100% sure.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 11:57:49 »

That’s always been a shit excuse for this sort of thing though as first rule is don’t make any decision unless you are 100% sure.

Spot on unless of course you're mates with Neville & Co!

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 12:00:18 »

Valid question though.
Had he been suspended for Carlisle then would there have been a case for leaving him out on Tuesday with a view to looking at the forward options for Saturday.

I agree Bob it would have given the manager a chance to look at his options. We need the transfer window to close to stop anymore speculation of players leaving......until January!

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 12:01:03 »

Yes but what if he is 100% sure he’s seen a foul from his angle?
He’s still wrong to the letter of the law but right within the parameters of what he has to make his decision on…
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: