Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Salford City pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 33326 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 07:45:36 »

Could Darcy be the Payne replacement?
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 07:50:32 »

Anyway. That ref. After seeing someone say 5/7 were justified, I'm going over in my head to try and remember each one.

McKirdy - entirely subjective. It may well have been justified, but McKirdy's reaction seemed to be genuine surprise and the rest of the ref's performance suggests to me it's more likely the ref was being spiteful.

Baudry - don't remember this one.

Shade - This was for (I think) an arm on the shoulder which caused their player to fall over. Didn't even look like a foul tbh.

Wakeling - this was for a small tug of the shirt. Not a necessary booking at all.

McKirdy again - this was a coming together, not a foul. Ridiculous decision.

Reed - think this one was justified and actually he could have been booked earlier.

Darcy - again soft, think it was a shirt pull.

MacDonald - time wasting. Maybe. But given the rest of the ref's performance, it's hard not to see it as  OTT.

I make that 4 unjustified.

Performance wise for Town, exceptionally poor in the first half. Asante-Thomas had Brennan on toast, Shade appears to have no left foot, etc - all poor, bar Baudry and Brynn I think. Second half a vast improvement - really liked Darcy and think there's a player in there with Jake the Wake. Gladwin haters all in a fluff because he played well second half (not great first, but who was??). Khan put a shift in but not seeing what the fuss is about (yet). MacDonald looks rusty, but that's to be expected I think.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 07:53:44 »

Most of them were soft, but not ridiculous. The problem was that the same standard didn't apply to both teams.

If that ref got an actually dirty game, it would end 7 v 7 - there just was no edge in that game at all and he still managed to lose control of it.

As I said before, I don't think it's surprising that we get the rough side of this though - we look like we try to get on the wrong side of the referee most weeks.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 08:00:00 »

I've actually forgotten to mention the Brynn thing, there were a group of younger fans in the TE booing his name when the team was read out and were also chanting for Lewis Ward.

Probably the same people who keep begging Sendles-White to re-sign

I come from a land down-under
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #424 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 08:04:31 »

Problem is with the bookings is with the game being like it was they were bailed on yellows. Shades and Wakelins were stupid pull backs that judging on how the ref was you just knew they would be yellows
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 08:09:34 »

If you can't keep your mouth shut and you have to commit a bunch of 'professional fouls', you will get booked. That is largely what happened yesterday.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 08:20:47 »

A couple of comments from Salford fans saying we tried kicking them off the park😀

https://salfordcityfcfans.proboards.com/thread/3695/swindon-town-away

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 08:26:10 »

That's what I thought. The big fella from the strength and conditioning staff walked down the tunnel behind him. I wondered at the time whether that was to retrain him or make sure he didn't do anything stupid. But, it seems a bit of an odd rumour to come up with.

He’s an absolute unit as well, can’t imagine McKirdy winning that one!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 08:45:21 »

The refs at National List level have regular get togethers so they'll be aware of every teams general approach to the officials. They will also be aware of certain individuals as well.

Can't be particularly pleasant to have McKirdy in your ear for 90mins, so fair play to those that take in their stride & maybe respond in kind.

I suspect that Harry, like certain tennis players, needs to be fired up to give of his best. Going out there cool, calm & collected might not work for him.
Probably not something that could be coached out of him at this stage of his career.

Would be interested to know if the club make use of a sports psychologist at all?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 08:47:18 »

That's where strong management and leadership on the pitch would help.

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 10:31:38 »

In McKirdy’s defence looking at the replay he has posted the second yellow wasn’t even a foul yet alone a yellow, it wasn’t even a tackle. Usually you say a player should be careful when on a yellow but in this instance he literally did nothing, the referee got it completely wrong and was making decisions based on his opinion of a player rather than actual offences which just confirms he shouldn’t be reffing at this level.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 10:48:37 »

In McKirdy’s defence looking at the replay he has posted the second yellow wasn’t even a foul yet alone a yellow, it wasn’t even a tackle. Usually you say a player should be careful when on a yellow but in this instance he literally did nothing, the referee got it completely wrong and was making decisions based on his opinion of a player rather than actual offences which just confirms he shouldn’t be reffing at this level.

Clearly not a foul camera side.
From behind (where the ref is) it’ll look like McKirdy has completely clattered him after he’s played the ball.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 10:57:05 »

Clearly not a foul camera side.
From behind (where the ref is) it’ll look like McKirdy has completely clattered him after he’s played the ball.
That’s why you have assistant referees but obviously they are just as useless. Ultimately the referee guessed on a key decision or worst let his emotions cloud his judgement but either way he’s clearly not capable of officiating at this level.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 11:03:30 »

Can they not appeal it?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 11:06:51 »

Can they not appeal it?

Cant appeal Reds via two bookings.