Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Salford City pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 33345 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:38:51 »

What is it about the back 3 that isn't working? Is it that Swindon look v.weak defensively unable to defend the space in the corners of the pitch or is it more in an attacking sense lacking any fluency?

Both
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:40:41 »

Really could do with another forward now.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:41:58 »

Brynn
Hutton, Baudry, MacDonald, Clayton
Reed, Gladwin
Shade, Darcy, Williams
Wakeling

Unsure about Gladwin in the two but hey ho.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:42:06 »

I think Hutton, Baudry and MacDonald would all prefer a back 4. Centre back pairing of Baudry and MacDonald ought to be useful at L2 level. On the positive it sounds like some of the new signings if used properly have some ability. I was worried that we might have a weak manager and signed a load of rubbish. Slightly less concerned on the latter.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:43:09 »

Darcy can drop a shoulder, shoot from range and keep it in tight spaces. Has something about him. Worked hard off the ball too.

Wakeling worked really hard.

Hutton better 2nd half. Not sure how he suddenly becomes more positive in a back 4? with less security?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:44:10 »

Lindsey:
- Haven't worked so hard before to get 1 point
- Proud of the lads
- We found it difficult in the first half as they played a complex formation
- We changed in order to combat their overload in the middle. Then McKirdy got sent off. It was a difficult game but became even more difficult after that
- The way we set up in the second gave us the opportunity to try to nick a goal
- That togetherness will help knit the players together
- Brynn: Thought he was outstanding. There were a section of fans having a go at him. It disheartens me when a section of fans can have a go at young players. It doesnt do young players any good when you do that. He is, and will be, a very good keeper
- We changed things from last week because of what we had seen watching Salford. Thought Wakeling could steal balls from them. Wanted to solidify the middle of the pitch with Khan rather than Williams
- McKirdy: The challenge was shoulder to shoulder and there was no foul in there. Think the ref had had enough of him then
- Managing McKirdy: Wouldnt think of taking him off. Certain things he needs to tighten up. But he is our goal scorer and a threat on the pitch.
- Bookings: Dont want to say anything as he would get into trouble. But you all saw the game
- We played against a very good side that will be up there at the end of the season. It was hard to negate their very good players, but we did so. Had we have had 11 on the pitch, the longer the game went on, we would have won

Can anyone comment on the complex formation Lindsey mentions in the first half as surely a decent coach would be able to change things during the game

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:48:17 »

Can anyone comment on the complex formation Lindsey mentions in the first half as surely a decent coach would be able to change things during the game
Sorry, I summarised. He spoke about two or 3 different formation and mentioned lots of numbers, but since I was transcribing live, I couldnt catch them all.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:50:08 »

McKirdy will be facing a long ban after trashing the referees changing room.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:51:00 »

He has been wanting a holiday during the pre season. He’ll have a stretch of time to do that now.

Now, ain't that just like me?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:51:06 »

What is it about the back 3 that isn't working? Is it that Swindon look v.weak defensively unable to defend the space in the corners of the pitch or is it more in an attacking sense lacking any fluency?
A number of things, neither wing back can defend in fact I’d go as far as to say neither are actually wing backs. The extra centre back then means you sacrifice legs in the middle and you get overrun like we have been. We may be lacking full backs but we don’t have the played to play a back 3 either.

Being down to 10 men proved this second half, it was hardly noticeable we had less players than in the 1st half as removing 1 centre back allowed us to maintain the same numbers further up the pitch.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:52:21 »

Sorry, I summarised. He spoke about two or 3 different formation and mentioned lots of numbers, but since I was transcribing live, I couldnt catch them all.

Cheers Nomoreheroes, the question was put out there to see if any observant fans understood what Lindsey was talking about.

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:53:21 »

That was a strange match. Did well to come away with a point.  

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:53:31 »

McKirdy will be facing a long ban after trashing the referees changing room.

He hasn't been himself since having his hair cut off😀

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:55:06 »

Adeloye had a great opportunity and appeared to have no idea of what to do with it

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:56:39 »

Adeloye had a great opportunity and appeared to have no idea of what to do with it

I wonder what stats/data made us sign him!

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: