Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Salford City pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 33489 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 15:58:41 »

Think it’s a bit harsh to say it was a bad day at the office. It was certainly an awful first half but think we did alright second half.

Say what we like about Lindsey’s ability long term on this job but we were a different side after half time. He did change the formation straight away and the team talk obviously worked.

For as much shit as he is getting for the first half (and don’t get me wrong rightfully so) he does deserve credit for the turn around at half time.

Be interesting to see how we line up personnel & formation next game.

In my book that was still a bad day at the office, 2 on the trot.  Better 2nd half for sure, but it would have been difficult to be worse.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 15:58:58 »

If he reverts to a 3 he’s a fucking idiot.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 15:59:04 »

Did Clayton play as left back in the second half in a back 4?

Yes

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:02:25 »

Yes

Thanks. Did he look reasonably comfortable in that position?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:02:54 »

Thanks. Did he look reasonably comfortable in that position?

I thought he was our best defender.  I will say though he didn't really play as a typical left back even though he was in that position, he spent more time coming inside and acting like another CB really.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:05:37 by Berniman » Logged

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:03:51 »

All refs get assessed in the top 4 leagues, not sure below

Cheers let's hope he's taken out of league 2 matches after today's performance.

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:04:50 »

Lindsey:
- Haven't worked so hard before to get 1 point
- Proud of the lads
- We found it difficult in the first half as they played a complex formation
- We changed in order to combat their overload in the middle. Then McKirdy got sent off. It was a difficult game but became even more difficult after that
- The way we set up in the second gave us the opportunity to try to nick a goal
- That togetherness will help knit the players together
- Brynn: Thought he was outstanding. There were a section of fans having a go at him. It disheartens me when a section of fans can have a go at young players. It doesnt do young players any good when you do that. He is, and will be, a very good keeper
- We changed things from last week because of what we had seen watching Salford. Thought Wakeling could steal balls from them. Wanted to solidify the middle of the pitch with Khan rather than Williams
- McKirdy: The challenge was shoulder to shoulder and there was no foul in there. Think the ref had had enough of him then
- Managing McKirdy: Wouldnt think of taking him off. Certain things he needs to tighten up. But he is our goal scorer and a threat on the pitch.
- Bookings: Dont want to say anything as he would get into trouble. But you all saw the game
- We played against a very good side that will be up there at the end of the season. It was hard to negate their very good players, but we did so. Had we have had 11 on the pitch, the longer the game went on, we would have won

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:05:22 »

I thought he was our best defender

Thanks again.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:06:27 »

Thanks again.

I added to my original answer Cheesy

I thought he was our best defender.  I will say though he didn't really play as a typical left back even though he was in that position, he spent more time coming inside and acting like another CB really.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:22:55 »

Crisis forced the changes and galvanised us into a very good second half.

I wanted to see something, anything to give hope. We did that.

very difficult to tell if we would have done so with 11 on the pitch. As silly as it sounds.

Hutton down the right put two or three good crosses in.

Gladwin was like a new signing.

Darcy isn't a defender but he added much needed energy

Clayton steadied us up after an indifferent first half from Brennan

Brynn was a different keeper today. Quality.

Not much more to say really.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:27:22 »

Well at least Lindsey changed it up, granted it was forced. Let’s hope he sees the improvement with the back four and we can kick on from the second half now.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:29:50 »

Well at least Lindsey changed it up, granted it was forced. Let’s hope he sees the improvement with the back four and we can kick on from the second half now.

Not sure it was *forced*

We could have quite easily continued 351.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:31:31 »

What is it about the back 3 that isn't working? Is it that Swindon look v.weak defensively unable to defend the space in the corners of the pitch or is it more in an attacking sense lacking any fluency?
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:32:36 »

Either way, he deserves credit after the second half performance.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 16:35:24 »

What is it about the back 3 that isn't working? Is it that Swindon look v.weak defensively unable to defend the space in the corners of the pitch or is it more in an attacking sense lacking any fluency?

I think three right footed centre backs isn't really working. They seem to get in each other's way at set pieces in particular. I wouldn't mind seeing three at the back with Clayton one of the three, but I'd rather see four.

FWIW, I'd play 4-5-1, particularly with McKirdy out, and try Shade much further forward. Maybe something like this on Tuesday:

Brynn
Hutton McDonald Baudry Clayton
        Darcy Reed Gladwin
  Shade                   Williams
              Wakeling
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: