Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Harrogate vs Swindon Town build up & matchday thread  (Read 35808 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:42:41 »

Interesting, if far from action packed first half. I'm not exactly a great reader of the game, but here's my view on the tactics and players:

- Tactically, it feels like an evolution on last season but lacking crispness that we had at our best. That may just be early season, let's hope it is. There's still a bit of passing around, but also willing to go long early at times- it feels like someone has ticked "Passing Style: Mixed" on FM.

- The wing backs are more or less playing as full wingers, especially Shade - getting a long way forward, and at times MacDonald (LCB) and Brennan (RCB) have got forwards too. That may be a result of Harrogate sitting in a little, but we haven't often had five at the back - Reed clearly drops back when these guys get forward.

- Gladwin looks a different player and the pick of our midfield, running plenty with the ball and his close control is really good. Williams and Reed below par, particularly Reed who misplaced a lot of passes. We know they both have the quality though, hopefully that comes through.

- Of the new guys, Shade looks really bright and Adeloye is working really hard. Hutton hasn't seen much of the ball down the left but could have given away the pen. Brynn one good save, Brennan looks alright and gets forward more than you'd imagine. MacDonald looks every inch the fan favourite - he puts tackles in where a lot of defenders may have stayed on their feet which I suspect will win him fans but also give away a few fouls. He can pass too.

- It's early season and difficult to judge, but Harrogate look like nobody's whipping boys. Pretty confident the aforementioned "TEF XI" would be getting a shoeing here. #16 especially bright.

- The goal was sloppy but didn't feel like something that would be replicable, a bit of bad luck and a few crucial players getting in each other's way.

I think we'll win this, but it might not be pretty.

Pretty fair summary from what I watched first half, i don't agree that we were shite.  Plenty of positives, and cobwebs to blow off is what it feels like to me.  They need to get used to each other better, and quickly.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:48:22 »

average at best for me. we've not even had a shot on target and the back 3 is being exposed despite the individuals doing ok
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:49:17 »

average at best for me. we've not even had a shot on target and the back 3 is being exposed despite the individuals doing ok

I think that's fair, individually they're all doing fine but you can tell they've not played together before.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:49:22 »

Baudry should have scored

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:49:25 »

and Baudry missed a sitter.

their keeper is crap
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:49:30 »

ffs

…done
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:49:42 »

Fuck.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:49:53 »

game over
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:50:11 »

Avoidable
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:50:21 »

what happened there, poor defending
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:50:44 »

Good hit tbf, but poor defending

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:50:48 »

what happened there, poor defending

No one terrible error but probably three defenders could have done better. Cracking finish.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:50:55 »

what the fuck was Brennan doing with that pass.

hey ho
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:51:07 »

This is encouraging!
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:51:30 »

This is bloody awful. I am giving Lindsey 10 games then if we aren’t in the top 7 he has to go simple as
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: