Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Harrogate vs Swindon Town build up & matchday thread  (Read 36110 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:27:12 »

I've barely heard Williams name on the radio

So, give no fucks
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:27:27 »

harrogate will be well pleased with that
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:27:27 »

the defence looks so shakey.

not much shown up top either.

Gladders my player of the half
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:28:23 »

It’s our first match of the season, isn’t it?

Not if you include pre-season

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:28:40 »

That was a pile of shite
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:29:27 »

Get Reed off. Or fire a rocket up him. He's lost the ball practically every time he's had it.

Not impressed with either wingback so far.

Adeloye can't get involved. Brennan looks good on the ball.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:30:30 »

Reed looks like he wants to be somewhere else
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:31:13 »

Well that was bloody awful

Let’s hope the second half is better- based on the first half we look like the ones favourite for the drop….
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:31:44 »

Reed is lost without Conroy stood 5 yards away from him to pass too repeatedly
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:32:30 »

Let's hope our habit of turning up second half away from home last season is still there

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:32:35 »

Interesting, if far from action packed first half. I'm not exactly a great reader of the game, but here's my view on the tactics and players:

- Tactically, it feels like an evolution on last season but lacking crispness that we had at our best. That may just be early season, let's hope it is. There's still a bit of passing around, but also willing to go long early at times- it feels like someone has ticked "Passing Style: Mixed" on FM.

- The wing backs are more or less playing as full wingers, especially Shade - getting a long way forward, and at times MacDonald (LCB) and Brennan (RCB) have got forwards too. That may be a result of Harrogate sitting in a little, but we haven't often had five at the back - Reed clearly drops back when these guys get forward.

- Gladwin looks a different player and the pick of our midfield, running plenty with the ball and his close control is really good. Williams and Reed below par, particularly Reed who misplaced a lot of passes. We know they both have the quality though, hopefully that comes through.

- Of the new guys, Shade looks really bright and Adeloye is working really hard. Hutton hasn't seen much of the ball down the left but could have given away the pen. Brynn one good save, Brennan looks alright and gets forward more than you'd imagine. MacDonald looks every inch the fan favourite - he puts tackles in where a lot of defenders may have stayed on their feet which I suspect will win him fans but also give away a few fouls. He can pass too.

- It's early season and difficult to judge, but Harrogate look like nobody's whipping boys. Pretty confident the aforementioned "TEF XI" would be getting a shoeing here. #16 especially bright.

- The goal was sloppy but didn't feel like something that would be replicable, a bit of bad luck and a few crucial players getting in each other's way.

I think we'll win this, but it might not be pretty.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:36:48 »

Wakeling to come on and score…
I’m calling it just because…
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:37:07 »

At the moment I'm hoping for my prediction of 1-1 unless we can turn on the style and get a victory.

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:39:15 »

Just to remind people that I can't be arsed to do the post-match MoM poll this year, but I'm happy to share the spreadsheet template if anyone else wants to take up the reins.

Form an orderly queue.

I'll do this afterwards, assuming nobody else wants to. Didn't see anyone volunteering.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 14:41:45 »

Could be worse mind, Orkney are 7-0 to Shetland. Tricky to come back from that one.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: