Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 91   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2023-2024: they come and go  (Read 216099 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #120 on: Monday, October 3, 2022, 09:32:20 »

Matt Taylor from Exeter to Rovrum
Hes worked wonders at Exeter TBF.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #121 on: Monday, October 3, 2022, 09:41:29 »

I see lots of Exeter fans moaning that he left them for a "smaller club".

So Rotherham sit in the top half of a division higher than Exeter, a bigger pull for players than Exeter due to location and better finances and they have an average home crowd of nearly double that of Exeter in a nearly brand new purpose built stadium.

Seems like a no brainer, a perfect step up without Taylor going to a bigger club with bigger expectations which often works against the new manager these sort of appointments who is expected to hit the ground running.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, October 3, 2022, 09:54:38 »

So Rotherham sit in the top half of a division higher than Exeter, a bigger pull for players than Exeter due to location and better finances and they have an average home crowd of nearly double that of Exeter in a nearly brand new purpose built stadium.

Seems like a no brainer, a perfect step up without Taylor going to a bigger club with bigger expectations which often works against the new manager these sort of appointments who is expected to hit the ground running.

TBF you could say broadly the same about Garner and Charlton and that didn't stop a lot of our fans moaning.

And bloody hell there is more glamour going to a London club rather than Rotherham (albeit it has a nice Tesco Extra!!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #123 on: Monday, October 3, 2022, 10:09:36 »

TBF you could say broadly the same about Garner and Charlton and that didn't stop a lot of our fans moaning.

And bloody hell there is more glamour going to a London club rather than Rotherham (albeit it has a nice Tesco Extra!!
TBH I don't actually remember any of our fans moaning about Charlton being a small club.

The pull of London and lets be honest Charlton are a way bigger club than Swindon, made that a no brainer for Garner too.

I don't recall any of our fans suggesting they were a smaller club or even comparable in size to us when he left, I think we all fully understood his reasoning for going.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, October 3, 2022, 10:14:05 »

TBH I don't actually remember any of our fans moaning about Charlton being a small club.

The pull of London and lets be honest Charlton are a way bigger club than Swindon, made that a no brainer for Garner too.

I don't recall any of our fans suggesting they were a smaller club or even comparable in size to us when he left, I think we all fully understood his reasoning for going.

I wouldn’t say it was a ‘no brained’ whilst all you’ve said about Charlton is true - I think we as a club, offer much more stability

…but…tbh I don’t know if football managers even care for that now a days. Probably more lucrative for them to just keep getting sacked and paid off
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Monday, October 3, 2022, 10:19:14 »

Suspect they thought he was good enough to go to a bigger club when he left.

Though calling Rotherham smaller than Exeter is demonstrably wrong, my perception is that they are at the ceiling of their existence. Which again could be wrong

either way it's a good step and career progression
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, October 3, 2022, 10:36:48 »

Chris Wilder sacked by Middlesbrough

I always get a bit wary when that happens and we have a loan player. New manager will obviously want to take a look at his squad and Brynn is playing well. Do not remember the loan arrangements.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, October 3, 2022, 10:51:50 »

I always get a bit wary when that happens and we have a loan player. New manager will obviously want to take a look at his squad and Brynn is playing well. Do not remember the loan arrangements.
Would be a worry I agree

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, October 3, 2022, 10:56:46 »

Bugger, forgot about him being from borough.

I don't think they can recall until January on a season long loan though. Unless there is a special goalkeeper clause.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, October 3, 2022, 11:02:49 »

Wolves & M'boro manager's sacked

The door is firmly open
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2022, 18:04:16 »

Where did you 'see' that, PV ? Only ask because I haven't seen anything like it. Many believe he should have held on for a bigger club to come knocking at our door, but that isn't the same as what you're suggesting

« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 4, 2022, 18:06:33 by Banker » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2022, 19:08:11 »

Where did you 'see' that, PV ? Only ask because I haven't seen anything like it. Many believe he should have held on for a bigger club to come knocking at our door, but that isn't the same as what you're suggesting
1 or 2 on your Grecians forum but a fair few on the Vital football forums and on twitter from what I have seen, also the L1 banter page on FB.

Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2022, 19:52:00 »

1 or 2 on your Grecians forum but a fair few on the Vital football forums and on twitter from what I have seen, also the L1 banter page on FB.

Thanks, didn't spot the 1, or 2 comments that you've seen on our forum. As for L1 banter on FB etc etc really don't know how you find the time !  Grin
Peter Venkman

« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2022, 20:02:01 »

Thanks, didn't spot the 1, or 2 comments that you've seen on our forum. As for L1 banter on FB etc etc really don't know how you find the time !  Grin
Not working helps Wink

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 11:42:39 »

Pressure cranking up on Garner. Lost to Colchester last night, too. All the moans and gripes are strikingly similar to ours when things weren’t working. They’ve definitely got the Rovers version.

Payne also getting pelters - missed a pen, too.

Where does Garner go from this?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 91   Go Up
Print
Jump to: