Pages: 1 ... 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 ... 209   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 364547 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3000 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 12:33:13 »

Just out of interest, I was browsing through this season's programmes and found an article in the MKD away programme about our game in 2005 in league one and our squad that day
Heaton, Smith,O'Hanlon,Nicolau,Nicholas,Shakes,Cureton,Thorpe,Pook,Collins,McDermott,Heath,Comyn-Platt.
In terms of league position I know this seasons team is regarded as our worst ever but God, that was a crap squad . I know it was a league above but they were second bottom and I wouldn't be surprised if they'd have finished second bottom if they were in L2!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3001 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 12:34:56 »

Its Bycroft being able to learn from an older head, what was needed was a keeper that was decent had a few years left in him and knowing that Bycroft was snapping at his heels and was learning in training, give Bycroft the cup games and knowing eventually he may end up pashing the older keeper to be No 2.

Bycroft for e.g. needs to improve his communication with those in front of him and learn to command his area - he has only got Mildy to learn from nobody to push him - it brings complacency if there is no competition for places.

Sadly at stfc it seems to be bring in the young lads - they may sink or swim, if they swim they could be worth a few quid, rather than looking at the long term plan it is always short term.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3002 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 14:18:58 »

Presume Clayton’s contract is up in the summer. Though he’d become a regular starter based on what I’ve seen - obviously injuries have scuppered his time with us.

RHM and Khan obviously going.

What’s up with that big lad CB we signed - can’t remember his name. He could be a decent player next season.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3003 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 14:25:00 »

https://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=59328.0

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3004 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 14:25:56 »

Johnson? He’s injured.

Surprise surprise
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3005 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 16:32:02 »

Signed injured - had an injury that he didn't tell them about apparently, which went on his first appearance

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3006 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 17:36:30 »

Signed injured - had an injury that he didn't tell them about apparently, which went on his first appearance

Maybe the club doesn't do proper in depth full medicals anymore? I'm sure it's a cheaper option and worth the risk  Roll Eyes

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3007 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 20:17:52 »

Heard a few times that we don’t have options on the players we signed in January unless they had one at their previous club.

Because we simply took over the contract, we were unable to add or change anything in it, so we could lose them all for nothing unless their previous contract had an option already.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3008 on: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 07:17:01 »

A thought that someone who's more across the regulations might be able to tell me - if U23 players are out of contract and turn down a new deal to sign for a new club, there's usually a development fee due to the developing club (as we've been stung by in the past). Is there a minimum amount of time you have to develop them for? Say Glatzel was able to walk in summer, are we due anything for our sterling five months of work or would it all be Liverpool?

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3009 on: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 07:23:46 »

Heard a few times that we don’t have options on the players we signed in January unless they had one at their previous club.

Because we simply took over the contract, we were unable to add or change anything in it, so we could lose them all for nothing unless their previous contract had an option already.

Yeah I've heard similar. Gunning has said previously we have an option on Glatzel but also that it will be difficult to keep him, which seems to be a little contradictory, unless the option is not feasible as it includes a large wage rise or something (and as he was at Liverpool this could very well be a realistic clause as an incentive to progress well)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #3010 on: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 07:29:01 »

Yeah I've heard similar. Gunning has said previously we have an option on Glatzel but also that it will be difficult to keep him, which seems to be a little contradictory, unless the option is not feasible as it includes a large wage rise or something (and as he was at Liverpool this could very well be a realistic clause as an incentive to progress well)

Because Gunning is borderline illiterate?

We have the option on Glatzel. We will trigger it, unless Clem slashes budget of course.

This difficult to keep him line is just poorly articulated tripe from Gunning. When players perform well consistently they get attention from elsewhere and we know we (and most other clubs) will sell the player or fail to extend contracts further. Very simple.

Gunning selling a 4 game goal scoring as enough to make it difficult to keep hold him, is his way of saying the lad is doing very well.

This is back to my previous points about why the manager needs to be the leader of the club and be able to communicate. You do not express this opinion on Glatzel publically now, very simple. Sure praise him, but temper expectations, "young lad, still has a lot to learn etc".
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3011 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 13:54:17 »

Does anyone know who the second year scholars are?

I'm fairly confident of McGregor (will clearly get something), Hart (you'd think so), Fox (actually a third year on injury grounds, think he'll go), Kanu (probably eligible for an extended scholarship on injury grounds), Redman Evans (probably backup keeper next season), Jaxon Brown and Josh Keyes.

Possibly also George Alston, Finlay Adams, Archie Milne and Fletcher Hubbard who definitely played for U18 last year.

Pretty sure Obodo, Ameen and Hunt are first years.

Anyone know much? Would expect to see at least 3-4 get contracts this season if it were a normal year, but who knows with the current leadership!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3012 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 14:07:06 »

We might see that entire under 18's squad who did so well this year as the mainstay of our first team squad next year with the current leadership

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Anonymous77

Ignore
« Reply #3013 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 14:14:08 »

Does anyone know who the second year scholars are?

I'm fairly confident of McGregor (will clearly get something), Hart (you'd think so), Fox (actually a third year on injury grounds, think he'll go), Kanu (probably eligible for an extended scholarship on injury grounds), Redman Evans (probably backup keeper next season), Jaxon Brown and Josh Keyes.

Possibly also George Alston, Finlay Adams, Archie Milne and Fletcher Hubbard who definitely played for U18 last year.

Pretty sure Obodo, Ameen and Hunt are first years.

Anyone know much? Would expect to see at least 3-4 get contracts this season if it were a normal year, but who knows with the current leadership!

The 2nd years are:

Redmen Evans
Sonny Hart
Archie Milne
Finn Adams
Jaxon Brown
Joel McGregor
Fletcher Hubbard
Josh Keyes
Abu Kanu
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3014 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 14:19:17 »

We might see that entire under 18's squad who did so well this year as the mainstay of our first team squad next year with the current leadership
I don’t think you will be too wide of the mark. I fear they will use the success of the academy as an excuses not to bring much in over the summer saying instead the academy deserve a run in the first team and will attempt a load of spin around it.  We’ve already seen them on social media pumping out how great it is so many academy players have been in the first team so feels like they are warming us up.

That’s the ones that haven’t already been or will be sold of course.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 ... 209   Go Up
Print
Jump to: