Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 198   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 345776 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1170 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 14:14:28 »

...and Tomlinson

Yeah, good point.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1171 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 15:00:26 »

This post though in 1 sums up getting it right and how hard it is. You want immediate success and say the play offs is bollocks and then by the end of the post think we should be putting the foundations in place

No, not at all.

I am saying the top priority should have been to build a squad for getting out of this Division, the number two priority (if we wanted to go down the rough diamond road) would have been to build the infrastructure to support it, and then the third priority should have been the recruitment switch, applied gradually.

Anyone thinking a club with 7m in Revenue in Div cannot support a promotion chasing team is nuts.  Bradford only just got the same Revenue as us by selling some players for good money.

We have done it arse about face.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1172 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 15:56:30 »

cowmeadow -> supermarine until end of season
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1173 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 12:21:10 »

Roberts recalled (injury cover, Morris wanting a look,not been playing, injured? no idea)

Wynn Davis moves from North Leigh to Wantage until the end of the season
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1174 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 12:21:35 »

Morgan Roberts recalled from his loan at Aldershot.

Tom Wynn-Davis swapping North Leigh for Wantage Town on a short-term deal until the end of the season.

EDIT: just beaten to it!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1175 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 12:28:44 »

What would be interesting (to me at least) would be if the club did some kind of 'loan watch' update on the official site, so that fans could be kept abreast of how our loan players are getting on. I think Parsons has a few goals for Farnborough on his loan i'm but not totally sure. And North Leigh/Wantage Town is pretty low down so getting match information isn't necessarily very easy. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1176 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 12:42:51 »

I've liked what I've seen from Roberts when he has played. Looks tricky and might just be the 'beat the man' forward/winger that can unlock that final third for us.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1177 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 13:05:01 »

Roberts recalled (injury cover, Morris wanting a look,not been playing, injured? no idea)

I’d say the latter, seems to have been a sub or subbed off early when he did start and wasn’t in their squad Tuesday night so pointless him being there really. Similar to Aguiar at Torquay the Aldershot fans didn’t seem very impressed by Roberts, a bit of a concern that our fringe players seem to struggle at National League level.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1178 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 13:17:53 »

I've liked what I've seen from Roberts when he has played. Looks tricky and might just be the 'beat the man' forward/winger that can unlock that final third for us.
Aldershot fans think he has been sent back as he wasn't of a good enough standard, shame really as I hoped he would kick on there.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1179 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 13:23:03 »

oh, that's a shame.

not seen enough of him, but the bits I did see were 'meh'
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1180 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 13:29:19 »

oh, that's a shame.

not seen enough of him, but the bits I did see were 'meh'
You win some you lose some with lower league signings.

Aguiar came in last season and looked good enough to play his part but this season he hasn't kicked on and hardly had any game time.

Hopefully Roberts will be exactly the opposite of that.

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1181 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 14:00:13 »

Does sound like he is back due to lack of game time from the presser. Hopefully he takes the chance to impress Morris in training.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1182 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 14:29:14 »

If Roberts has any sort of Div 4 or above type of career I'd be very surprised.  Far too raw for this stage in a career I think.  Best he can probably hope is to drop back down a bit and work his way up instead.

Aguiar could probably fake it till he makes it in Div 4.  he has a decent enough shot on him and looks a bit of a threat in the final third, but he's so far away from being able to get into most games.  He is a flat track bully type - looks OK when we are on top.  I'd say Darcy is a bit better than him, and I'm not all sold on Darcy.  Good technique, neat and tidy, and the odd shot, but he really flits in and out of games as well.  A very poor mans Payne, who was a player too good for Div 4 but not good enough to take on Div 3 in the same way.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1183 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 14:48:31 »

If Roberts has any sort of Div 4 or above type of career I'd be very surprised.  Far too raw for this stage in a career I think.  Best he can probably hope is to drop back down a bit and work his way up instead.

He’s already done this, hence his move to Banbury from Northampton
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1184 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 15:01:21 »

Too much of a leap it seems, coming back to this level.  As per the feedback, he seems below NL at this stage, so a promotion with a club lower down, or a move up one league first would have been better.  He looks way off this level.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 198   Go Up
Print
Jump to: