Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for Sandro Di Michele  (Read 16781 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 12:46:23 »

Listening to this now - We had the 18th biggest budget in the league last season apparently.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 13:31:26 »

Were can you listen to this if not on twitter??
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 13:32:37 »

Twitter only I think. hold  on

https://twitter.com/stfcHanners/status/1541907905351503873?t=Uf8x0ShFpSFC4HA1jJNPiw&s=19
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 13:38:35 »

youtube too
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 13:40:51 »

Big fan of cheese especially blue cheese! I like the cut of his jib.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 13:42:50 »

Big fan of cheese especially blue cheese! I like the cut of his jib.
Even if I was lactose intolerant I would risk the cheese induced horrendous adventures in diarrhea.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 13:48:19 »

Listening to this now - We had the 18th biggest budget in the league last season apparently.

Be interested to see where it is this year. We were under embargo last year so there was an excuse, but 18/24 on budget when we were 2/24 on attendance and have to be at the higher end of ticket prices....simply not close to acceptable for the backing being given.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 14:07:45 »

Thanks Batch and million pound man, evening listening sorted Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 14:34:41 »

Cheers mpm. Didn't realise it was on YouTube, very useful
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 15:12:22 »

I got the impression that with him deciding last December to leave Wigan that his coming here was arranged way before Chorley decided to leave and may be the reason why he did.

Also, re Karachi. I understand what he said about it, but my question would be - why choose Karachi out of all the places the club could have done this kind of thing.

Talks well, though. As ever the proof of the pudding will be in the recruitment and how that translates on to the pitch.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 15:35:02 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 15:32:13 »

Be interested to see where it is this year. We were under embargo last year so there was an excuse, but 18/24 on budget when we were 2/24 on attendance and have to be at the higher end of ticket prices....simply not close to acceptable for the backing being given.

Said this before but attendance ≠ budget. Think the board have been pretty clear that we're trying to be sustainable. If Crawley, Salford, Stockport et al are prepared to overspend and take on the debt that's on them. It's up to you if that equals ambition or stupidity really. We know what happens to us when we spend beyond our means.

Having said that I don't think we'd be that far down this year. Certainly some smaller teams going for it though. If we can have a successful season and the crowds remain high hopefully the budget increases. Unfortunately given how fragile the fanbase is it will require success on the pitch to sustain that level of crowd.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 15:51:15 »

Said this before but attendance ≠ budget.

Yeah, I get that in the sense that some clubs will always spend beyond our teams. I also get that we like a lot of clubs, have debts to pay. This is all understood. Even taking that out of consideration, 18/24 is a long way from being acceptable, in my opinion.

There should be a handful of clubs in this division with a bigger budget than us and that is it. Top half shouldn't even be questionable.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 15:55:26 »

Cheers mpm. Didn't realise it was on YouTube, very useful

You can get it in any of the usual podcast apps as well

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 15:57:32 »

I got the impression that with him deciding last December to leave Wigan that his coming here was arranged way before Chorley decided to leave and may be the reason why he did.

He was working on a consultancy basis once Chorley announced he was off, which was well before the end of the season - then eventually got offered the job on a permanent basis

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 16:24:39 »

Yeah, I get that in the sense that some clubs will always spend beyond our teams. I also get that we like a lot of clubs, have debts to pay. This is all understood. Even taking that out of consideration, 18/24 is a long way from being acceptable, in my opinion.

There should be a handful of clubs in this division with a bigger budget than us and that is it. Top half shouldn't even be questionable.
Not sure it is in question though is it? They are just talking about last seasons, someone will be able to conform but i am sure Rob Angus or Sandro mentioned when talking to Vic recently the budget will be top 5
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: