Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for Sandro Di Michele  (Read 16594 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 16:28:01 »

, 18/24 is a long way from being acceptable, in my opinion.

we were under embargo* limiting our wage options.

we also had to be careful of financial skeletons crawling out.

*ok not umbongo, restrictions because of the monitored loan power took out during COVID

edit: ok, already pointed out above this was last season
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 19:07:32 »

Not sure it is in question though is it? They are just talking about last seasons, someone will be able to conform but i am sure Rob Angus or Sandro mentioned when talking to Vic recently the budget will be top 5

Yeah about 4th or 5th would be around what I would expect. That is about what I would expect. We should be in for a hell of a few weeks on signings if that is true.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #77 on: Thursday, June 30, 2022, 06:26:55 »

Yeah about 4th or 5th would be around what I would expect. That is about what I would expect. We should be in for a hell of a few weeks on signings if that is true.
I think we will be
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, June 30, 2022, 07:49:02 »

Not sure it is in question though is it? They are just talking about last seasons, someone will be able to conform but i am sure Rob Angus or Sandro mentioned when talking to Vic recently the budget will be top 5

So, let me get this right…

Budget was 18th and we’ve slashed it but managed to jump to 5th!
What on earth are other clubs doing with their budget!!!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, June 30, 2022, 08:02:05 »

So, let me get this right…

Budget was 18th and we’ve slashed it but managed to jump to 5th!
What on earth are other clubs doing with their budget!!!

Maybe...the people who think it will be 5th aren't the same people who think the budget has been slashed.

Jeez, I need to sit down, my genius has drained me.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #80 on: Thursday, June 30, 2022, 08:48:13 »

Maybe...the people who think it will be 5th aren't the same people who think the budget has been slashed.

Jeez, I need to sit down, my genius has drained me.
Which goes back to my point the other day. No point the club answering the questions then if people are not going to liste, not saying believe them but even listen to them
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, June 30, 2022, 09:31:30 »

Which goes back to my point the other day. No point the club answering the questions then if people are not going to liste, not saying believe them but even listen to them

People use their own judgement. Internal appointment, lots of youth recruitment. Doesn't scream 40% increase.

But
   - maybe the youths are more expensive because they are higher calibre.
   - maybe we haven't finished recruiting yet!

Going to come back and reevaluate late August
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #82 on: Thursday, June 30, 2022, 09:55:37 »

People use their own judgement. Internal appointment, lots of youth recruitment. Doesn't scream 40% increase.

But
   - maybe the youths are more expensive because they are higher calibre.
   - maybe we haven't finished recruiting yet!

Going to come back and reevaluate late August
That's kind of my point. In no way am i saying this but what if the club came out and said these players are on more than JoJo and Mitchel lawson for example and that they have offered Lindsey a better deal than Garner was on. Is that good enough for you and others? I get people will make their own judgements but these things are possible but not believable by many
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, June 30, 2022, 10:03:19 »

I think in all honesty I'd be surprised and slightly sceptical.  So yeah, it does prove your point. People will judge regardless.

But with transfers that has always been the case. If we were under Power and made these signings and appointments "cheap option" would be rife. In fact it was at times (Luke Williams).

STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, June 30, 2022, 11:27:15 »

Don't we need to wait until the season starts to make these judgements? It's pointless speculating on budget etc until then.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, June 30, 2022, 11:39:56 »

Don't we need to wait until the season starts to make these judgements? It's pointless speculating on budget etc until then.

Window doesn't shut until 1st September which confuses things even more.   Although you'd hope we'd have most of our business done by then there's no way we will have done.

More depth to the squad was needed last year and that will easily eat into the 40% increase (assuming that's the figure).

Lower average wage, but more players would be my guess
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, June 30, 2022, 11:40:31 »

yeah manc. that was point 2 of my earlier post.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, June 30, 2022, 11:43:01 »

Window doesn't shut until 1st September which confuses things even more.  
bloody annoying given the early start. some transfers always seem to go to the wire.

but with last season's contracts ending today I suppose it keeps things steady.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #88 on: Thursday, June 30, 2022, 12:17:10 »

That's kind of my point. In no way am i saying this but what if the club came out and said these players are on more than JoJo and Mitchel lawson for example and that they have offered Lindsey a better deal than Garner was on. Is that good enough for you and others? I get people will make their own judgements but these things are possible but not believable by many
That has got me thinking though. Would JoJo and Mitchel Lawson really be on much more if anymore than Harries and Shade?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, June 30, 2022, 12:36:52 »

That has got me thinking though. Would JoJo and Mitchel Lawson really be on much more if anymore than Harries and Shade?

Who knows?
Also depends if they had any other offers on the table.
Like I’d imagine you’d end up paying a player who had three other offers and had been on trail at 2 of those clubs more than a player who hadn’t had any interest shown in him what so ever, regardless if he was the better player…

Demand & supply I guess
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: