Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Lindsey- New Manager thread  (Read 66838 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 12:59:36 »

Everything has to be a brand nowerdays, doesn't it?

I don't give a flying fuck about our brand. I want to win.

The right response mate.
Couldn’t give a shit about our possession stats driving back from places like Barrow after losing.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:04:33 »

The thing is, a lot of the goals we scored looked great when watching replays - 20-odd passes, most going nowhere, finishing with a goal. Problem being people only remember the final pass or 2 and are bored shitless watching the previous 18.

I want to get out of my seat. I want sustained pressure with the crowd baying - sucking the ball into the net.

I don’t want cinematography, I want passion in all its glory.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:08:14 »

Wasn't Hoddle's goal v Leicester & the build up play a thing of beauty?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:09:34 »

Everything has to be a brand nowerdays, doesn't it?

I don't give a flying fuck about our brand. I want to win.

I’d take 46 of the shittest, ugliest, boringest, low possession, fuck all passes, ball in the air 1-0 wins a season…

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:10:59 »

Wasn't Hoddle's goal v Leicester & the build up play a thing of beauty?
On second watch it was. But all I remember is Maskell’s(?) backheel and Glenn side footing it into the net.

I was well leathered, though.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:15:36 »

The thing is, a lot of the goals we scored looked great when watching replays - 20-odd passes, most going nowhere, finishing with a goal. Problem being people only remember the final pass or 2 and are bored shitless watching the previous 18.

I want to get out of my seat. I want sustained pressure with the crowd baying - sucking the ball into the net.

I don’t want cinematography, I want passion in all its glory.

Agreed with this. My favourite football to watch is high press, high energy with balls being swung into the box. We didn't do any of that near enough last year
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:22:30 »

Agreed with this. My favourite football to watch is high press, high energy with balls being swung into the box. We didn't do any of that near enough last year
Yes, break with pace down the wings get balls into the box and actually have a fucking shot when within 25 yards of goal hoping for rebounds if the keeper gets to them, we barely shot from outside of 15 yards last season other than a couple of Reed free kicks, constantly trying to walk the ball in the net.

Fill the defence with blockers, tacklers and headers of the ball and not just passing defenders, who win the ball and  give it to the midfielders to instigate attacks and use wingers/strikers to break with speed.

I don't even care if we don't utilise corners as long as we stop THEM from scoring at corners, a real weakness we have had for a couple of seasons.

Lindsey wants agression when off the ball and fast attacks when on the ball....which on paper sounds good.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:23:46 »

I had a dark thought.

I still can’t quite get my head around the departures from the CG. We were very close to promotion this year and an extra shove this season would, in all probability, get us up.

Why leave? Chorley, why? Garner, why? The 2 Scotts (wanted to), why?

A promotion on your CV gets credit in the bank when it comes to future jobs. Embargo lifted, extra budget, club on the up, crowds massively increased. Bumming around at Charlton with a few extra quid? Really?

What if there’s something hurtling down the road that gave everybody the heeby jeebies?

What if there’s an FA points deduction coming?

Wellens fucked off when he got wind of what was happening
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:29:48 »

I had a dark thought.

I still can’t quite get my head around the departures from the CG. We were very close to promotion this year and an extra shove this season would, in all probability, get us up.

Why leave? Chorley, why? Garner, why? The 2 Scotts (wanted to), why?

A promotion on your CV gets credit in the bank when it comes to future jobs. Embargo lifted, extra budget, club on the up, crowds massively increased. Bumming around at Charlton with a few extra quid? Really?

What if there’s something hurtling down the road that gave everybody the heeby jeebies?

What if there’s an FA points deduction coming?

Wellens fucked off when he got wind of what was happening

Stop worrying so much. Garner got a better job offer, higher division, assume higher wages and closer to home, so no brainer for him.

It's normal for the coaches from previous to join at a new club, so nothing to worry about them looking like they were going to go.

Chorley, still going to see what he does next, wasn't the talk of him joining his old mate Wellens?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:30:48 »

Stop worrying so much. Garner got a better job offer, higher division, assume higher wages and closer to home, so no brainer for him.
Same applies to Egbo too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:32:25 »

This modern football trope that teams need an identity and should try to play a set way is fucking bollocks if you ask me (I’m aware no one did)

Do what you need to do to win football matches.

Did Sir Alex Ferguson worry about his teams identity and style of play in the 90s? Did he bollocks, he tried to win football matches and he did alright with that to be fair

Alex Ferguson was at one of the biggest clubs in the world with a huge transfer budget and ridiculous YTS system. It's easy to not worry about it if you're at the top of the food chain.

Given how high the turnover of managers, players & staff are in the lower leagues (well, could argue all 4 leagues) then having an "identity" or "brand" helps keep continuity & consistency without losing too much momentum. It also makes us more attractive to Premier League clubs. I know we all hate loans, but the gap even between Premier League U23 teams and the Football League continues to get wider and to utilise these relationships is key for success now in Leagues 1 & 2. If you have lots of money then you don't have to worry about it - we don't! When we did it nearly crippled us.

It's why Southampton, Brentford & the likes remain successful despite selling most of their best players and losing managers. It's the way things are, I know we like to bang our fists and demand the old ways back but the world is moving on.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:32:45 »

I’d take 46 of the shittest, ugliest, boringest, low possession, fuck all passes, ball in the air 1-0 wins a season…
was saying to someone earlier that is take a Morrs Malpas over someone with pashuuuuuuun if it meant getting it this shit league.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:33:08 »

Same applies to Egbo too.

Would  have counted for both Scott’s too.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:34:51 »

Garner went to Charlton because he has roots there and a opportunity came up for him to work with people he knows. Plus it's an opportunity for him to manage a team in a higher division so can't blame him.
So say Chorley was leaving at the end of the season butwe'll never know if this was true or not.
Speculation about the Scotts going was all paper talk was it actually confirmed?
What's done is done, no point on dwelling on last season we have to move on

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:35:32 »

Clearly I'm a Swindon fan but if I'm a football manager at Swindon and I get the opportunity to go to Charlton it's a no-brainer in my eyes.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: