Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Lindsey- New Manager thread  (Read 66851 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 15:51:41 »

@tails, thanks for clarifying

@Benzel - I see what you did there Smiley
That makes one of us 😅

Whey there we go.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 16:09:42 »

Its not true.. but that doesn't matter unfortunately for some. Constructive criticism is always welcome when its worthy of discussion or based on fact, but untrue or made up statements just for effect is not on.

I look forward to the engagement with all platforms moving forward then if what you say is fact - good to hear that your stance has changed.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 17:20:14 »

As a lapsed member who hasn't engaged with the Trust for some time, it does appear (from the outside) that they are perhaps less inclined to ask the difficult questions when one of their own now runs the club day to day.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #363 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 19:06:42 »

As a lapsed member who hasn't engaged with the Trust for some time, it does appear (from the outside) that they are perhaps less inclined to ask the difficult questions when one of their own now runs the club day to day.
If you read back you will see that all tough questions in a large quantity have been asked for the club, and open and honest responses have been received. These will be published in the AB minutes in approx. 7-10 days as well as via our channels. I then hope comments such as this will be put to bed. Thanks.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #364 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 19:15:36 »

I look forward to the engagement with all platforms moving forward then if what you say is fact - good to hear that your stance has changed.
As previously stated we have no interest and nor should we in what channels the club use to communicate on, that's their media managers job. Like I said suggesting we had input/influence here is simply not true Therefore what they use is 100% their own choice. So whatever view we have on all the Pods has no impact on the clubs choice of who they engage with. Certainly the club will work with whoever they feel best presents and supports the topics they wish to get out there to fans. Suggest if you want more information on that and how they engage with external pods etc you contact Dave the new media manager.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 19:20:50 »

Ooh, my account is working again, what great timing.

Here is a good example of the changes I can see in the Trust, as a very outside observer.

2005-2007 - significant investigation and pressure applied to understand the financial situation of the club and those involved in making key decisions.   Ultimately a lot of significant concern was dug-up about who was controlling the club, Mr M Diamandis.

2022 - Club brings onboard a Senior Exec who has been previously convicted of Money Laundering (an offence I would personally suggest should prevent you from being engaged with a "cash" murky business such as football), who in turn has a known Drug Dealer of old as a friend/business colleague at a company the club employs.  That Exec also, out of the blue because a friend told him it might be a good idea, trots off to Pakistan to find new "talent" with the aim of bringing two 15 year old kids back to the UK.  A process requiring Visa's for that individual and maybe a trailing family in a a known murky world where cash can exchange hands to get hold of Visa's.

Now, I am not saying the second example ends badly, it could all be just as described (which would simply mean it looks dodgy as shit and certainly not something a club still in debt needs to be chasing around after), but it requires far more investigation than asking if it is all above board and accepting any answer.  It also should not require a Trust, who aim to get into bed in a 50/50 deal to purchase the freehold (a great goal by the way), to wait several months of being badgered to ask those questions.  Yes, it may fuck off the club to dig around, but I'd sure as hell want to know everything I possibly could before getting into bed with that kind of decision maker of a business.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 19:21:59 »

As previously stated we have no interest and nor should we in what channels the club use to communicate on, that's their media managers job. Like I said suggesting we had input/influence here is simply not true Therefore what they use is 100% their own choice. So whatever view we have on all the Pods has no impact on the clubs choice of who they engage with. Certainly the club will work with whoever they feel best presents and supports the topics they wish to get out there to fans. Suggest if you want more information on that and how they engage with external pods etc you contact Dave the new media manager.

He was suggesting the Trust was picking and choosing, not the club.  That's how I read it.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 19:29:20 »

Ooh, my account is working again, what great timing.

Here is a good example of the changes I can see in the Trust, as a very outside observer.

2005-2007 - significant investigation and pressure applied to understand the financial situation of the club and those involved in making key decisions.   Ultimately a lot of significant concern was dug-up about who was controlling the club, Mr M Diamandis.

2022 - Club brings onboard a Senior Exec who has been previously convicted of Money Laundering (an offence I would personally suggest should prevent you from being engaged with a "cash" murky business such as football), who in turn has a known Drug Dealer of old as a friend/business colleague at a company the club employs.  That Exec also, out of the blue because a friend told him it might be a good idea, trots off to Pakistan to find new "talent" with the aim of bringing two 15 year old kids back to the UK.  A process requiring Visa's for that individual and maybe a trailing family in a a known murky world where cash can exchange hands to get hold of Visa's.

Now, I am not saying the second example ends badly, it could all be just as described (which would simply mean it looks dodgy as shit and certainly not something a club still in debt needs to be chasing around after), but it requires far more investigation than asking if it is all above board and accepting any answer.  It also should not require a Trust, who aim to get into bed in a 50/50 deal to purchase the freehold (a great goal by the way), to wait several months of being badgered to ask those questions.  Yes, it may fuck off the club to dig around, but I'd sure as hell want to know everything I possibly could before getting into bed with that kind of decision maker of a business.

Sums up my thoughts exactly. I understand the Trust frustration at fans pointing fingers, after all the hard work they’ve put in. But - of all people, those involved in the Trust should appreciate that the lack of trust in the regime simply will not go away whilst Austin and Hart are anywhere near the club. The club will
inevitably trot out answers that it was a long time ago, and how they have the best intentions, but if that’s your way of doing business, and those are the circles you move in, I don’t think the club can be safe with them about.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #368 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 19:35:01 »

Sums up my thoughts exactly. I understand the Trust frustration at fans pointing fingers, after all the hard work they’ve put in. But - of all people, those involved in the Trust should appreciate that the lack of trust in the regime simply will not go away whilst Austin and Hart are anywhere near the club. The club will
inevitably trot out answers that it was a long time ago, and how they have the best intentions, but if that’s your way of doing business, and those are the circles you move in, I don’t think the club can be safe with them about.
And this is the problem summed up. Our current owner clearly believes that he can run the club without them causing any issues, as you have said yourself there, why should they trot out any answers if people are just going to dismiss whatever they say.

The Trust in my opinion should be keeping an eye on things and from what the guy above has said they have asked all these questions and they believe the club has asked them, if that is the case then fair enough . Problem is that the Trust will now be hit with a stick when the answers are not to peoples liking
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 19:40:36 »

And this is the problem summed up. Our current owner clearly believes that he can run the club without them causing any issues, as you have said yourself there, why should they trot out any answers if people are just going to dismiss whatever they say.

The Trust in my opinion should be keeping an eye on things and from what the guy above has said they have asked all these questions and they believe the club has asked them, if that is the case then fair enough . Problem is that the Trust will now be hit with a stick when the answers are not to peoples liking

Asking "is it a bit dodgy?" isn't going to get any sort of useful answers though, is it?

A bit of external digging is required.  Asking to be put in touch with the Pakistan club for example - one which doesn't seem to exist (a great example of why alarm bells should have been going off when announced).  You don't have to be the clubs friend on everything, even as a potential future joint venture partner.  I'd also want a one on one with Austin to really dig into the details of the partnership in Pakistan and his own background.  He can refuse of course.  The trust should have wanted to do all that, long ago.  It's precisely why we have an OSC as well.  The Trust doesn't always have to play nicely.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #370 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 19:43:05 »

The Trust board 100% understand fans views, we ask the tough questions and will continue to do that, but we are a volunteer group of fans who will hold the club to account but we don't own STFC, Clem does and therefore we can feedback fans views (which we do and have, and will continue to do, as the OSC do), however who the club employ and work with is their choice and not the Trust or OSCs. We ensure fans views are known and represented, we ask the questions (even the tough ones), we forcibly provide the fans and our views on matters, but if the club disagree then that's their choice and prerogative. We do as much as we can and most of the time the club listen to us and the OSC and the club reacts and adjusts their stance based on fans feedback. However we cannot guarantee this will occur on all accounts. This is a fact of life we have to accept.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 19:47:25 »

Asking "is it a bit dodgy?" isn't going to get any sort of useful answers though, is it?

A bit of external digging is required.  Asking to be put in touch with the Pakistan club for example - one which doesn't seem to exist (a great example of why alarm bells should have been going off when announced).  You don't have to be the clubs friend on everything, even as a potential future joint venture partner.  I'd also want a one on one with Austin to really dig into the details of the partnership in Pakistan and his own background.  He can refuse of course.  The trust should have wanted to do all that, long ago.  It's precisely why we have an OSC as well.  The Trust doesn't always have to play nicely.

Bingo. Shouldn't have been forced to ask these awkward questions, should have done off their own backs.... scrutiny is constructive, after all if Clem and Co are the real deal there should be nothing to hide
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 19:54:04 »

The Trust board 100% understand fans views, we ask the tough questions and will continue to do that, but we are a volunteer group of fans who will hold the club to account but we don't own STFC, Clem does and therefore we can feedback fans views (which we do and have, and will continue to do, as the OSC do), however who the club employ and work with is their choice and not the Trust or OSCs. We ensure fans views are known and represented, we ask the questions (even the tough ones), we forcibly provide the fans and our views on matters, but if the club disagree then that's their choice and prerogative. We do as much as we can and most of the time the club listen to us and the OSC and the club reacts and adjusts their stance based on fans feedback. However we cannot guarantee this will occur on all accounts. This is a fact of life we have to accept.

But, If the Club want the Trust to join them in a 50/50 venture to own the ground, you have a pretty good bargaining chip don't you? Thanks for engaging with us here, though.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #373 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 19:54:35 »

Yeah that is very fair
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 20:15:38 »

Agree completely with this too. There’s only so hard the Trust can press the issue, because otherwise any access we currently have gets denied and then it really sours things. It’s a tightrope to tread. I’m mainly just disappointed that the dream we were sold by Morfuni last summer isn’t as rosy as it seemed. Far from it. It’s potentially as bad as Power, Diamandis, etc, but with a marketing gloss.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: